My storm since day one has had a dead pixel, and for some reason it sticks out real bad to me. I hate it lol. It's like a smudge that wont wipe off to me. and it's driving me nutts slowly.

I was wondering, would rim do anything about? or just laugh at me?
    02-22-09 12:07 PM
    Call Verizon and get a replacement. My first storm had a dead pixel but it really didn't bother me much. It wasn't that noticeable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 01:15 PM
    yeah get a replacement. It should be covered by the warranty
    02-22-09 01:19 PM
    It wouldn't bother me as much if it wasn't almost dead center of the screen. I will call them and see what they say. With factory replacements do they get you the new one before you send the old one back?
    02-22-09 01:22 PM
    cool its within the 30 days so I can just take it back to the store, no more dead pixel lol. yes

should I take off os 103 before taking it back to best buy?
    02-22-09 01:26 PM
    Are you sure its a dead pixel? I thought I had a dead pixel but noticed that its a part of the screen. Not sure exactly what it is but there is a grid of faint black dots. Gotta look real close to see them. Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in.
    02-22-09 01:26 PM
    Depending on if its a dead pixel or its just stuck .. You might be able to fix it if it is stuck. I had a stuck pixel on my psp when I still had one and I got a video that quickly cycled between red green and blue

May want to check google for something like this because it worked on my psp.

I believe that if the pixel is black its dead and if its white its just stuck

02-22-09 01:27 PM
    Definately get it replaced. If your out of your 30 day window, it will be a refurbished device. My Bold is refurbed and is better than the first 2 new Bolds I got.
    02-22-09 01:28 PM
    The pixel is black, always black and its high enough to always be in the white txt area while typing.

It sucks my eyeball to it instantly lol.
    02-22-09 01:33 PM
    I have a multi colored rainbow line. Its super small. Just appeared one day.

02-22-09 02:17 PM
    Sounds like it can be stuck then.. I actually had a dead one in the 1st BB I got.. took it into the store and got an instant replacement. It was new but if its outside the 30 day window that yea like stated above it is probably going to be a refurb...
    02-22-09 02:36 PM
    How do you tell if it's a dead pixel and not dust? I think I have a dead pixel but I'm not sure...it's a reallllllly small black dot that's definitely under the screen and of course it's right where most of the white background is when I type. It's driving me nuts! It's the only speck on my screen under a white background cause I'm super anal about dust. I've removed all the screen protectors so I know it's under the screen.
    02-22-09 07:07 PM
    ya those are really annoying go get a new storm replacement
    02-22-09 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD