Ok, so i am on a 9500 and there hasn't been a new OS in ages.

The 9530 got one, but there appears to be a problem with the battery.
    -->That's the most important thing for me.

Sure we get hybrids, but are they really any better?
    I hear that the real power of an OS is in the radio file.

Truely i am actually happy with the .484, its steady on battery, best signal yet!

So the reason for this post?

Well, it's actually a sort of rant that i want everyone's opinion on.

It appears that there are no more leaks comming, and everyone is complaining that there's no more love.
    There is an excitement about loading a new OS, but does it really improve anything?
    Or are we waiting for something speciffic to be improved?
    06-14-10 03:42 AM
    I think you answered your own question.

Hybrids are questionably better. I personally subscribe to the placebo effect. If its new, people will always say its better in some way unless its blatantly worse.

This phone for all intensive purposes is what it is now. You can fiddle all you want, trying to make it better, or accept it and use it until you are eligible for an upgrade. No new OS is going to fix the fact that it has so little memory, the inherent problems with the original surepress technology and OS5's limitations (because i HIGHLY doubt OS6 will run on this phone, but I could be surprised)
    06-14-10 07:45 AM
    Leaks aren't dead, but they are just becoming a lot more rare, that's all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 09:13 AM
    Well for the storm1 they seem pretty dead...

06-14-10 10:49 AM
    I beg to differ about .591 battery life for the 9530, mine is actually better after using the .758/.591 hybrid a couple of days...

I'm using the phone on GSM/UMTS mode on EDGE only...

06-14-10 02:29 PM
    I apologize, I cannot really comment because I do not have a 9530.
    I was merely mentioning what I read here.

Still, you say you run a hybrid...
    Is it creating anything new seeing as is "version" 7 (if that makes sense)
    I'm all up for trying it if the battery is better, but every single hybrid I've tried is all placebo...

For this reason my take on a hybrid is this:

You want the improvement so bad you're imagining it...
    I realize its impossible, but let's say you hybridded 5.0.0.758 with the 4.7 radio file.
    You still wouldn't have flick scrolling, but your battery, browser, memory will all feel "better".
    Although your voice dialing won't work, and your keyboard breaks is you flip from portrait to landscape while using BB messenger.
    So you're think things are working so much better that you overlook the blatantly broken parts.

*please if you guys feel different you are welcome to discuss this, as this is only an opinion, and it could be changed with reason.

06-14-10 03:11 PM
    Some hybrids do have an effect...I've been running t_heArchitechts .758 for 4 days now and it has drastically improved my battery performance. The problem comes when the effect most people get is just the increased speed of a new install. A wipe and reload of even the same thing will make it faster for the first couple days...as you've done the ultimate reset by wiping the phone....

06-15-10 06:14 AM
    I've been running t_heArchitechts .758 for 4 days now and it has drastically improved my battery performance.
    Yea the full wipe does help a lot. But after about 4 battery pulls and 1 day, you should see if there is really any difference.

So the next question will have to be:
    1. Are there any issues with this hybrid?
    2. Where can one get this hybrid?
    3. and will it work with 9500's .484?

Then onother angle on this hybrid thing:
    Is it not better to hybrid like Storm 2's files than for instance the Bold's files?
    06-15-10 06:34 AM
    ok, i found the hybrid link
    06-15-10 07:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD