I searched and didn't find anything on failed or dead batteries. A few days ago I took my Storm off the charger and noticed that it felt hot. It still worked but after it sat in the hoslter for a couple of hours I took it out and it was dead as a doornail. I tried charging it to no avail, the red light came on and the screen would show a battery with a line on it. VZW sent me a refurbished phone with no battery. That one won't work or charge with my battery which seems to confirm that the battery is dead. A new battery is on the way, so I have two questions:

1) Is this likely to just be a bad battery or is there evidence that bad Storm's destroy batteries?
    2) If just a bad battery, am I better off sticking with my old phone which seemed OK rather than taking a chance on the refurbished "like new" phone?
    02-01-09 07:57 AM
    It could be a bad charger, but it's most likely just a defective battery. It's least likely to be the Storm itself damaging the battery. Have you tried more than one charger?
    02-01-09 08:30 AM
    Defective battery. If you had no other problems with the phone keep it, just get a battery
    02-01-09 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD