For those wondering, the Storm2 micro usb chargers will work with the Incredible. My boss just got his Incredible today, and he brought it up to my office to use the charger from my Storm2...it worked just fine.
    04-30-10 03:38 PM
    For those wondering, the Storm2 micro usb chargers will work with the Incredible. My boss just got his Incredible today, and he brought it up to my office to use the charger from my Storm2...it worked just fine.
    Just like my MiFi charger works with my S2 and vice versa. Unless someone has an iPad, an identically sized (mini, micro, etc) USB charger should work with just about any device out there. The iPad requires more juice than the average bear.
    04-30-10 05:39 PM
    And I'll disagree right back. An 8MP camera has no business being in a phone where the lens is NO BETTER THAN 5MM. It's an absolute waste. The marketing genius that decided to keep upping MP's in cell phones is rolling around laughing at everyone that makes this comment. ****, 8MP is too much for your standard Point-and-Shoot cameras...again, the lens is not good/large enough to capture the detail that the processor wants. You need a real DSLR to utilize all of this.
    The bottom line is that I agree that really 5MP is probably all anyone needs in a phone. But given the same lens without any optical zoom, being able to crop a little isn't bad. I've since seen sample images on the Incredible and they're alright, but at least they do seem better than what I get on my Storm. I would guess that most people use their phones as impromptu cameras rather than replacements for real ones anyway.
    04-30-10 08:12 PM
    I have the Storm 2 and a buddy of mine has purchased the Incredible. When he calls me with the DI, his voice is very harsh and tinny is the only way to describe it. It is clear, and without backround noise, but continues to sound harsh and with too much treble, similar to the way my wifes Moto V6c sounds. For what its worth to add to this thread.
    There's no Noise cancelling on the DI, while the S2 has it. Makes a HUGE difference during calls, depending on the environment you are calling from.

Matt, I figured you'd like the Nav system. It's quite possibly the killer app for Android.
    04-30-10 08:23 PM
    yeah it is something to wow people with. too bad i will rarely need it lol
    04-30-10 08:30 PM
    The bottom line is that I agree that really 5MP is probably all anyone needs in a phone. But given the same lens without any optical zoom, being able to crop a little isn't bad. I've since seen sample images on the Incredible and they're alright, but at least they do seem better than what I get on my Storm. I would guess that most people use their phones as impromptu cameras rather than replacements for real ones anyway.
    i think you are totally missing the point. with a sensor and lens that small, higher megapixel sensors will only create **** images. if you have a bad image to begin with, the output will always be bad.
    04-30-10 10:51 PM
    About to join you guys... This BB bugs are just getting to me, about to join the incredible crowd. Anybody interested in a s2 no scratches let me know... Looking to get rid of this quick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 11:25 PM
    About to join you guys... This BB bugs are just getting to me, about to join the incredible crowd. Anybody interested in a s2 no scratches let me know... Looking to get rid of this quick.

. . . . . . now where and who am I gonna get my PRL update messages from??
    04-30-10 11:58 PM
    hehehehe..... No worries. All phones get prl updates. I will still stick around. Prl ocd lives to see another day......

05-01-10 12:12 AM
    I can't wait to see all the threads that are created after OS 6 drops and how many people come out regretting they even left in the first place.
    Agreed. If OS6 is anything like we expect it to be, the forums will be abuzz with regretful Incredible owners who switched from bb.

We're already seeing many saying that it isn't all that, and are coming back home to bb land, even pre-6.0.

These are interesting times.
    05-01-10 08:07 PM
    Finally got a chance to play with it. I went in with an open mind, but discovered it just didn't float my boat. Nice device, just not my thing and the screen quality on the Storm just seems so much better.

I know there are some people on here I'll be actually happy to see get their Incredible.
    I went to Verizon and played Youtube videos on the DI and my Storm 2 (in HQ mode) and the DI was clearly superior in resolution and color saturation. Not sure if that was because the video was streaming at a higher quality on the DI, or if it was the screen, but I would say the screen on the DI has better color from what I could see. Other than that, I'm sticking with the S2 because of OS6 and the fact that it just does what I want, and has great hardware - not the least of which is a hardware pause/mute button, and of course Surepress which I love, especially since I enabled auto spell correction I am dangerously fast.
    05-09-10 08:49 PM
    thought i would throw in my $0.02. I got the S1 on launch day...then I moved up to the S2. to me it was a huge step. the S2 ran so much better than the S1. the OS was more stable, WIFI sped up all the network stuff and most importantly, i did not have to worry about memory any more. i could install stuff for fun without bringing my phone to a stand still.

then i got the incredible on launch day. I gave my wife my S2 so I still have it around. not once have I reached for the S2 to do something. it is actually quite the opposite. I love the Incredible. in summary....

- it is super responsive. I have not seen the slightest bit of hesitation in it since i have owned it. simply click and go. no click and wait.
    - having seven home screens basically puts everything i use right there on my "home page". links to email/sms/google chat are on the main screen. i swipe left to check twitter/facebook...swipe right to open pandora or play some MP3s. swipe right one more time to check the weather and my calendar...etc.

I really like how you flow through the OS. I also set up a page with icons and folders for the other stuff i use on a regular basis and it feels similar navigating on the storm.

as far as typing on the Inc., using the regular landscape keyboard i am much faster on the storm. i have noticed some speed improvements as i have gotten used to it...but i am still slow. BUT...I never use the touch keyboard. Swype is unbelievable!! i am getting faster on swype than i was on the Storm. it really makes typing fun!

the only thing i miss is push notifications for facebook and yahoo mail. Gmail is fast enough for me on the Incredible and that is my primary personal account. I will say that i have been more productive at work though! with the storm...i was constantly checking facebook every time i got a notification! ha ha

Overall. i think they are both great devices. if you are a heavy email user, the storm is probably a better fit. But email aside, i prefer everything about the incredible.
    05-10-10 05:50 PM
    I received the Incredible as a pre-order. Gave to my wife and stuck with my S2. Battery life and email was to top reasons. Plus my typing is SOOO much faster ont the S2. I'll be patient and wait for 6.0 and then have everything except free navigation.
    05-11-10 04:17 AM
    I've now had the Incredible for a little over a week - after 10 years with a Blackberry... I will never go back. This is a whole new world for functionality and anything else. I can't believe that with RIM's market share they can't get their crap together to compete with iphone and now the android phones. Oh well - another $500/month (3 lines, overseas travel, etc) subscriber gone from Blackberry!
    05-11-10 06:40 AM
    how are you doing overseas travel with android?
    05-11-10 07:06 AM
    Give trolls long enough rope and they hang thierselves.

05-11-10 10:06 AM
    I laughed hard.

05-11-10 01:24 PM
    I've now had the Incredible for a little over a week - after 10 years with a Blackberry... I will never go back. This is a whole new world for functionality and anything else. I can't believe that with RIM's market share they can't get their crap together to compete with iphone and now the android phones. Oh well - another $500/month (3 lines, overseas travel, etc) subscriber gone from Blackberry!
    ????
    You're giving Blackberry $500/month. Wow, how much did you pay for your phone?
    05-11-10 08:52 PM
    I switched from a Storm 1 to the Droid Inc last week.

Things I miss about the Storm:
    Landscape mode no matter which way the phone is turned.
    Pretty much always able to use landscape mode.
    The Blackberry button which always gave me the option I was looking for
    Twitter/Facebook notifications
    Home screen orientation in both Landscape and Portrait

What I like about the Incredible:
    Really fast
    Navigation!
    Browser - all text appears on screen no matter how much you zoom (it is reconfigured to fit instantaneously).
    Apps download fast
    Screen transitions are blazing fast
    Voice to text
    Image clarity
    Feel of device in hand
    Widgets
    Google Calendar Colors
    Touchscreen (much faster typing for me than surepress)

I liked some things about the Storm, and admittedly haven't used the Storm 2, but I don't think I would go back to Blackberry. They just seem very conservative and clunky to me after using the Droid device.
    06-30-10 11:46 AM
    The s2 w OS 6 and webkit is going to kick **** as the best all around phone.
    Seriously droid fanboys. Get list

Says the BB fanboy.

Hope you don't have many apps on your phone...OS6 is going to put a strangle hold on your RAM.

But if it works, then more power to you. I'll be grabbing the Droid X on July 15th.

I've played around on the Incredible and on many iPhones. I can type as fast on both as I can on the Storm2...I'll miss the click though.

Thankfully the only email I really use is my gmail account otherwise I'd have to reconsider.

If I'm using the phone as a "toy", then so be it. I use it for casual reasons, not business.

The "toy" argument I always thought was ridiculous, many people do like to use their phones for enjoyment.

It's akin to giving someone who bought a sports car a hard time for not buying a Toyota Camry because instead of buying a bland, reliable, point A to point B car...they bought one they could have some fun with.

The argument simply implies that people shouldn't buy a smartphone to get any enjoyment out of and should only use it to link their Outlook contacts and calendar which I think is severely flawed. I understand that a Blackberry can't really be beat when it comes to that kinda stuff but to imply that using a smartphone for anything else is inferior is just dumb.
    Last edited by fecurtis; 06-30-10 at 01:13 PM.
    06-30-10 01:08 PM
    Hasn't tried yet. Prolly gonna be disappointed when he gets there.
    06-30-10 01:19 PM
    Oh yeah. Also miss the LED letting me know I have messages and the way the screen lock was optional on the BB.
    06-30-10 01:26 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD