EDIT- ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I type so slow......I always get beaten to the punch dam-it!!!!
    Not because you're typing on your Storm 2 is it? JK
    04-29-10 09:02 PM
    What kind of 12 volt power plug will I need? Is the one from the Storm the same type mini USB? I hope?
    Storm is micro-USB and it looks like the Incredible is also.
    04-29-10 09:07 PM
    I also went to the Verizon store today to play with the Incredible. I was impressed with the Incredible, but it wasn't that much different from the Hero I used to own. It was just faster and had a better screen. Am I the only one that thinks that the Storm 2 is a great device? I stopped playing with the Incredible and started playing with the Storm 2. I wish that the storm was on Sprint. I would get it in a second.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 09:57 PM
    I played around with the Incredible today at the Verizon store. To say the least, I was impressed. Loved the touchscreen and UI.
    04-29-10 10:24 PM
    Am I the only one that thinks that the Storm 2 is a great device?

Nope! Love the click screen and love how bright and vibrant the S2's screen is--one of the best of all cell phones for viewing in bright sunlight. also has awesome call quality and great speakerphone. I sure can't say much good about the jesus phone's speaker; nor typing on it, which I hate (I have a touch).
    04-29-10 10:34 PM
    Don't mind me, this is just a shameless subscription from wap.

Carry on

04-29-10 10:37 PM
    Nope! Love the click screen and love how bright and vibrant the S2's screen is--one of the best of all cell phones for viewing in bright sunlight. also has awesome call quality and great speakerphone. I sure can't say much good about the jesus phone's speaker; nor typing on it, which I hate (I have a touch).
    My clicky screen kept malfunctioning a week after I got it. It was great when it worked right, but then started to go wacko on me a few times a day.
    Last edited by mazinkaiser; 04-30-10 at 01:48 AM.
    04-30-10 12:10 AM
    I totally agree. I prefer sure press to any other touch screen. No contest!
    On top of that, the Storm2 is also a great phone. With all the extra sh1t smart phones are capable of doing nowadays, people forget about the basics like actually using the device as a phone. The jesus phone is a great ipod, but a lousy phone.
    04-30-10 01:14 AM
    As a Storm 1 user I am torn. Everything I've read about the DI seems to indicate that it is the best phone out there but I'm afraid what I'd be missing if I left Blackberry.

I guess the best case is that there will be a glut of Storm 2's hitting ebay since I'm still looking for a good price on a used one to hold me over.
    04-30-10 05:42 AM
    As a Storm 1 user I am torn. Everything I've read about the DI seems to indicate that it is the best phone out there but I'm afraid what I'd be missing if I left Blackberry.

I guess the best case is that there will be a glut of Storm 2's hitting ebay since I'm still looking for a good price on a used one to hold me over.
    Of course they are going to say that it is the greatest phone out. It just came out yesterday. Everyone goes ape$hit when a new phone comes out and tries to lie themselves into believing that it is the best thing out when at times it isn't.

I will keep my S2 because it is everything I need and more, and when the OS 6 hits I am sure it will get that much better.....

I have played with the droid line of phones and to be truthfull I wasn't all that impressed, but that is my opinion. For anyone out there that is trying to decide, go see for yourself. Don't let a review decide for you because if you go and jump the gun on a review then you may regret it......

For the people with BB's they already know what they are getting in that particular phone and what is to come. I can't wait to see all the threads that are created after OS 6 drops and how many people come out regretting they even left in the first place. That is assuming it is as advertised...... But once the new OS hits you will see the same thing as you do now, so the only way to know is to go out and try one in the store and see if it suits you or try it for the 30 days and then send it back if you don't like it. For me it took two days to know it wasn't for me (Droid) so I came back home and am not looking back!!!!!! I love my BB Storm 2!!!!
    04-30-10 07:57 AM

I will say this, the move from a S1 to a S2 is a huge difference.......... Way better phone IMO...... But you do what you got to bro, either way you will find what suits you best...
    04-30-10 07:59 AM
    Actually I disagree. Without any type of optical zoom, it at least gives you a few pixels to play with if you want to crop something. Can't crop much from a 3MP picture.
    And I'll disagree right back. An 8MP camera has no business being in a phone where the lens is NO BETTER THAN 5MM. It's an absolute waste. The marketing genius that decided to keep upping MP's in cell phones is rolling around laughing at everyone that makes this comment. ****, 8MP is too much for your standard Point-and-Shoot cameras...again, the lens is not good/large enough to capture the detail that the processor wants. You need a real DSLR to utilize all of this.
    04-30-10 08:09 AM
    Finally got a chance to play with it. I went in with an open mind, but discovered it just didn't float my boat. Nice device, just not my thing and the screen quality on the Storm just seems so much better.

I know there are some people on here I'll be actually happy to see get their Incredible.
    04-30-10 08:10 AM
    Finally got a chance to play with it. I went in with an open mind, but discovered it just didn't float my boat. Nice device, just not my thing and the screen quality on the Storm just seems so much better.

I know there are some people on here I'll be actually happy to see get their Incredible.
    I noticed that too about the Storm's screen. Why does it seem so much brighter and clearer than all of the other touchscreen devices touting AMOLED and higher resolution screens?
    04-30-10 08:23 AM
    lol you are making it sound like the bb2 is better. cries in laughter

Funny, he never said that. You did.
    All he did was list some pros and cons of both.

Maybe you need to ask yourself why you looked at the data he listed and assumed he implied that.

What does it make out of you and me when you assume..... Gee, I forget how that goes....

An 8MP camera has no
    business being in a phone where the lens is NO
    BETTER THAN 5MM. It's an absolute waste. The
    marketing genius that decided to keep upping MP's in
    cell phones is rolling around laughing at everyone
    that makes this comment. ****,
    Yea, this is true, but now think.... who is the fool, that marketing genius or the droves of people that saw bigger spec numbers and went nuts without further investigation? A larger screen... Nice... That isn't bright enough and has poorer resolution?

"a bill of goods" comes to mind.
    Last edited by kb5zht; 04-30-10 at 09:03 AM.
    04-30-10 08:56 AM

I agree with your comments completely. I have had my S2 for 4 months now and this is the best phone/communications device I have ever used. With OS 6 this will be the "BEST" device on the market IMHO.
    04-30-10 08:59 AM
    Okay, so here's my 2 cents...

I preordered the Storm1, and the Storm2, and the Incredible, each as they became available. So I've been with each on their launch day.

Storm1 had some real problems that mostly Storm2 fixed and I was quite happy with it. So I'm not a BB hater to say the very least. Heck, I liked the Storm1 enough to get Storm2 (mainly for wifi and the better surepress).

I miss surepress a bit. It's good technology. But I'm getting used to just normal touchscreen and it's working okay for me.

I would say the battery drains a bit faster on the Incredible, but not by too much.

I agree the DI's screen in direct sunlight isn't very usable. Easy enough to find some shade, really. Walking outside without direct sunlight is fine. (Honestly, reading anything with a high gloss is hard in direct sunlight so this is no big deal for me.)

The web browser is so much better and faster, I'm amazed.

I don't really miss BBM, as most people I know have GoogleTalk so it's not really an issue for me.

I miss having notifications on my apps. I want gmail to say I have an email, or Facebook to pull out my notifications and tell me to check there. Not really happening the same way on the DI (there's an upper bar notification you pull down) and I don't like it quite as much.

I am having to filter out things in Gmail on the web that I don't want coming through to the phone. Easy enough to do, and actually works a bit better since I'm employing labels I can then check in the Gmail app anyway by switching folders.

I love the camera. For me, it's taking better pics AND videos than my Storms did, and it was one of the reasons for my upgrade. My phone has really become my camera, and I like the better pics I'm getting from the DI.

Why did I mainly switch? I like trying new things. I'm going to sell my Storm2 on craigslist (it's unlocked) for $250 with a 2GB SD card and the desk charger and so this upgrade will be free (when I get a new case and desk charger). I think it was a good move for me.

I know some of the features of pinch-to-zoom and the like are coming in OS6, and that this cool new phone will be old-hat in 6 months... but I can always upgrade next year.
    04-30-10 09:07 AM
    Okay, so here's my 2 cents...

I preordered the Storm1, and the Storm2, and the Incredible, each as they became available. So I've been with each on their launch day.

Storm1 had some real problems that mostly Storm2 fixed and I was quite happy with it. So I'm not a BB hater to say the very least. Heck, I liked the Storm1 enough to get Storm2 (mainly for wifi and the better surepress).

I miss surepress a bit. It's good technology. But I'm getting used to just normal touchscreen and it's working okay for me.

I would say the battery drains a bit faster on the Incredible, but not by too much.

I agree the DI's screen in direct sunlight isn't very usable. Easy enough to find some shade, really. Walking outside without direct sunlight is fine. (Honestly, reading anything with a high gloss is hard in direct sunlight so this is no big deal for me.)

The web browser is so much better and faster, I'm amazed.

I don't really miss BBM, as most people I know have GoogleTalk so it's not really an issue for me.

I miss having notifications on my apps. I want gmail to say I have an email, or Facebook to pull out my notifications and tell me to check there. Not really happening the same way on the DI (there's an upper bar notification you pull down) and I don't like it quite as much.

I am having to filter out things in Gmail on the web that I don't want coming through to the phone. Easy enough to do, and actually works a bit better since I'm employing labels I can then check in the Gmail app anyway by switching folders.

I love the camera. For me, it's taking better pics AND videos than my Storms did, and it was one of the reasons for my upgrade. My phone has really become my camera, and I like the better pics I'm getting from the DI.

Why did I mainly switch? I like trying new things. I'm going to sell my Storm2 on craigslist (it's unlocked) for $250 with a 2GB SD card and the desk charger and so this upgrade will be free (when I get a new case and desk charger). I think it was a good move for me.

I know some of the features of pinch-to-zoom and the like are coming in OS6, and that this cool new phone will be old-hat in 6 months... but I can always upgrade next year.

I can see why u like the droid--you place great importance on the browser and camera aspects, to the exclusion of messaging (for me, BBM is light years better than using SMS) and usability in bright sunlight. Personally, I abhor products that I can't use outside because the screens are wimpy. and as far as "finding shade",shielding the screen from direct sunlight doesn't help all that much, IMO.

when I want to use my phone or REAL camera outside, being able to see the screen clearly is a top priority for me. but that's just me...
    04-30-10 10:07 AM
    Right, everyone is different and has different needs. For example, people tell me how great a phone on another service is. Not for me--I'm staying with Verizon.
    04-30-10 10:12 AM
    here is my list

Cons

Storm 2 screen in sun is way better, the DI is almost useless even with auto dim for the DI adjusting for it

No push twitter or hotmail, which sucks bigtime

stock facebook app sucks

the LED notifier on the DI is useless also unless you are in a dark room basically

I agree HTC Sync works, but the contacts are stored differently on the google OS and therefore if i sync back it will screw with the way they are stored on the BB

The "phone" link on the bottom on the phone gets click way to often. I accidently clicked and and then dialed someone...oops

Cant create folders on the main app screen....kinda like the iphone is pre OS4, i am sure there is a way with an app or root perhaps.

Only the top button will being up the screen to see the time or message or something. I want to just press the trackpad to do this most times. its hard to reach and get the top button

Pros

Screen overall is fantastic when not out in the sun

apps/game market is very good and install stuff lightning quick

Sense UI is nice, easily scroll thru 7 different screens with widgets and such

facebook sync in the contact list is way better and pulls more info than the the BB app does

battery seems better than my storm 2 actually

_____

I still am reaching for my storm 2 first for everything honestly. The browser is better so that is one thing i do use the DI over the storm for. I think OS 6 will be a nice step up for BB and give users a taste of both the BB world and dabbles with the other OSs that we have on the market
    That's what I have been wanting to see and hear. Thanks for the good info.
    04-30-10 10:21 AM
    On a side note...

You guys sure are having high expectations of OS 6. I hope your right.

For rim's sake too, for that matter. Call me pessimistic but after going from 4.X through 5.X OS's, if there are still so many software bugs that another OS can make that big of a difference then rim has some slow-a** programmers and developers.

I love my storm and want the best for it and I hope OS 6 is as good as the hype is making it out to be.

04-30-10 10:30 AM
    On a side note...

You guys sure are having high expectations of OS 6. I hope your right.

For rim's sake too, for that matter. Call me pessimistic but after going from 4.X through 5.X OS's, if there are still so many software bugs that another OS can make that big of a difference then rim has some slow-a** programmers and developers.

I love my storm and want the best for it and I hope OS 6 is as good as the hype is making it out to be.

Maybe I've missed some of the hype. could you tell me what features in 6.0 you think are going to be great? What little I saw of 6 hasn't really "grabbed" me, but I may not have learned about all the new features supposedly in it.
    04-30-10 10:35 AM
    This has got to be the most civilized Android VS BlackBerry thread I've ever seen. Good job, guys.

04-30-10 11:06 AM
    ok so findings from todays GPS use

The nav is pure sex IMO

it has voice recognition so all i have to say is "navigate to Trophy club" like i did this morning and it plotted it. and yes it does have 3d type navigation like most garmin and tom toms and such i would say. Even better is it has voice enabled turn by turn directions too. all for in a free app that is build into the phone. Battery didnt really seem to get used that much either.

Now i also used a golf tracking GPS software. it killed the batter. It didnt even make it the entire round. I could to the same with a different program on my storm 2 and it only would eat maybe 50% of the battery. Now i suspect this is because the app isnt very good and uses the GPS more than it has to. So i am looking for other free apps for now for it.

So those are the update for today. The storm series needs to get the google nav like this phone does or something close to it soon. that would be a nice grab for the BB community I honestly would hardly use it since i have a nav unit in my mustang and my truck but its awesome to have when you arent in your vehicles and i am sure many people dont have a nav unit at all
    04-30-10 03:01 PM
    I have the Storm 2 and a buddy of mine has purchased the Incredible. When he calls me with the DI, his voice is very harsh and tinny is the only way to describe it. It is clear, and without backround noise, but continues to sound harsh and with too much treble, similar to the way my wifes Moto V6c sounds. For what its worth to add to this thread.
    04-30-10 03:12 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD