I got an Incredible for another line on my account, I have a Storm2 for my primary line.
    Here's a short take on the differences...

The Incredible is amazingly fast!!! When I use the BB, it feels like it's old. Downloading web pages vs the Storm2 is like a Big Wheels vs. a Ducati.
    I personally like the haptic touchscreen on it, but am still more accurate on the BB, probably bue to my being familiar with it.
    The biggest downside with the Incredible thus far, is how amazingly slow the emails are for non-gmail accounts. Trying to synch up with Yahoo email is very much hit and miss. Verizon had the same problem initially with the DROID, and pushed a fix. Hopefully, they fix this soon.
    ALthough the INcredible has an 8 MP camera, the one the storm is better. I going to guess, they didn't upgrade the CMOS sensor in the camera, resulting in the lower quality pictures, espicially using the flash. ANother element missing is image stabilization that the Storm has.
    Battery life on the Incredible is roughly the same as the Storm2 using my battery from my S1.

The best part of the Incrdible is the Car Panel, which is its navigation system. Nothing I've used on the Storms come remotely close.

Missing BBM.

The most annoying part of the Incredible, is how it goes online and tries to synch up with your gmail contacts, resulting in the doubling of contacts on my phone. I've got over 600 contacts in Outlook. I ended up erasing my contacts in Google, to stop this duplication.

Remember, if you make the jump HTC synch is a better way of synching than using Google's cloud.

Media playback ais better on the S2.

The screen is better on the S2, especially in daylight.

Again, take this mini review with a grain of salt, after all, I've only had the Incredible for 2 days now, vs nearly 2 years with my S1 and S2.
    04-29-10 02:46 PM
    lol you are making it sound like the bb2 is better. cries in laughter

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 03:23 PM
    So I just got back from the Verizon store with my bro and he ended up buying it, but not me. I understand his position, he's coming from an S1 and totally agree with the upgrade, but in all honesty, I wasn't all that impressed with it.

In my opinion, and not being buyist since I could easily have it, the BBerry just seems much more complete. The web browser is ok, not as great as everybody makes it seems. Compared to the standard BBerry browser it is great, but i'm running BOLT as my browser and actually had web pages load up faster on my phone than on the Incredible.

The only plus i'd have to give to it is in the camera and how smooth apps run on it. Nothing more. The emails do suck, and it still feels like a slimmer droid which wasn't all that impressive to me either.

All in all, i'm excited for the 6.0 OS that is going to make our S2's that much better and faster (lets hope at least) and currently, I would not change it for anything.
    04-29-10 03:43 PM
    here is my list

Cons

Storm 2 screen in sun is way better, the DI is almost useless even with auto dim for the DI adjusting for it

No push twitter or hotmail, which sucks bigtime

stock facebook app sucks

the LED notifier on the DI is useless also unless you are in a dark room basically

I agree HTC Sync works, but the contacts are stored differently on the google OS and therefore if i sync back it will screw with the way they are stored on the BB

The "phone" link on the bottom on the phone gets click way to often. I accidently clicked and and then dialed someone...oops

Cant create folders on the main app screen....kinda like the iphone is pre OS4, i am sure there is a way with an app or root perhaps.

Only the top button will being up the screen to see the time or message or something. I want to just press the trackpad to do this most times. its hard to reach and get the top button

Pros

Screen overall is fantastic when not out in the sun

apps/game market is very good and install stuff lightning quick

Sense UI is nice, easily scroll thru 7 different screens with widgets and such

facebook sync in the contact list is way better and pulls more info than the the BB app does

battery seems better than my storm 2 actually

_____

I still am reaching for my storm 2 first for everything honestly. The browser is better so that is one thing i do use the DI over the storm for. I think OS 6 will be a nice step up for BB and give users a taste of both the BB world and dabbles with the other OSs that we have on the market
    04-29-10 03:47 PM
    I am a Tour owner but went to check out the Incredible in the store today. It is fast, very fast as far as moving through screens/programs and especially the web browser.

I am not a touchscreen guy and tried typing on the Incredible which was tough for me, I made many mistakes. I picked up the Storm 2 in the store and it was much better to type on for me.

I am due for an upgrade in July, not sure if I should get an Storm 2 and wait for OS 6.0, wait for a potential Storm 3 or just jump into the Incredible.
    04-29-10 03:53 PM
    [QUOTE=widdlewade;5056719]I got an Incredible for another line on my account, I have a Storm2 for my primary line.

The Incredible is amazingly fast!!! When I use the BB, it feels like it's old. Downloading web pages vs the Storm2 is like a Big Wheels vs. a Ducati.
    I personally like the haptic touchscreen on it, but am still more accurate on the BB, probably bue to my being familiar with it.
    The biggest downside with the Incredible thus far, is how amazingly slow the emails are for non-gmail accounts. Trying to synch up with Yahoo email is very much hit and miss. Verizon had the same problem initially with the DROID, and pushed a fix. Hopefully, they fix this soon.
    ALthough the INcredible has an 8 MP camera, the one the storm is better. I going to guess, they didn't upgrade the CMOS sensor in the camera, resulting in the lower quality pictures, espicially using the flash. ANother element missing is image stabilization that the Storm has.
    Battery life on the Incredible is roughly the same as the Storm2 using my battery from my S1.

The best part of the Incrdible is the Car Panel, which is its navigation system. Nothing I've used on the Storms come remotely close.

Missing BBM.

The most annoying part of the Incredible, is how it goes online and tries to synch up with your gmail contacts, resulting in the doubling of contacts on my phone. I've got over 600 contacts in Outlook. I ended up erasing my contacts in Google, to stop this duplication.

Remember, if you make the jump HTC synch is a better way of synching than using Google's cloud.

Again, take this mini review with a grain of salt, after all, I've only had the Incredible for 2 days now, vs nearly 2 years with my S1 and S2.[/QUOTE

LMAO!!! Surely you cant be serious!!!
    04-29-10 03:56 PM
    I got an Incredible for another line on my account, I have a Storm2 for my primary line.

Missing BBM.

Again, take this mini review with a grain of salt, after all, I've only had the Incredible for 2 days now, vs nearly 2 years with my S1 and S2.
    I have to take exception to your comment that u are more accurate when typing on your BB because you are more used to it. I've had an Apple touch for over 20 months and a Storm2 for a few months. I IMMEDIATELY was more accurate when typing on the Storm2 than on the touch, simply because the technology in the S2 is superior (at least IMO) to other touch screen keyboards. I'm not sure any amount of time spent with your droid is going to improve typing to the extent that you may be assuming it might. But good luck with it, nevertheless.

oh, and I'll not ever jump on the droid bandwagon until that OS finally supports Blue Tooth Voice dialing. Quite an unbelievable omission, at this point in time.
    04-29-10 04:07 PM
    My first day, and so far I am very happy. Just for myself it will take sometime to get use to since I am totally new to the android thing. I will say this it is very fast and very smooth, but very touchy so I will have to see if there is a way to turn down the sensitivity.
    04-29-10 04:45 PM
    I can't wait. I played with one yesterday and loved it. Mine will arrive May 5th. Best of all Verizon gave it to me for $199 less than 4 months into mt 2 year contract.
    04-29-10 04:48 PM
    Best of all Verizon gave it to me for $199 less than 4 months into mt 2 year contract.
    wow. how did you manage that?
    04-29-10 05:05 PM
    wow. how did you manage that?
    Probably bitched and moaned. Luckily for me I was within the 30 day window. I would've considered the new bold, but with no official release date, I decided to switch now. The S2 keyboard has gone crazy on me so many times the past week. When it worked it was great. I loved the clicking feedback, but when it was bad, it was frustrating and horrible.
    04-29-10 05:21 PM
    All you. Dude you can't be serious droid homers are sickening.

Kevin said it best on Podcast. For everyday communicating you can't beat blackberry. If you have time tO kill and want to play with yourself I mean phone for hours then droid is the phone for you.

8MP camera in a phone is stupid. Files are way to big and quality is no better than my s2 camera. Are you going to make posters out of your pics? I doubt it.

I can type way faster on my s2 than iphone or droid.

The s2 w OS 6 and webkit is going to kick **** as the best all around phone.
    Seriously droid fanboys. Get list

04-29-10 05:44 PM
    Anyone have screen shots of the GPS Navigation? From what i'm hearing it's pretty good.

04-29-10 05:50 PM
    All you. Dude you can't be serious droid homers are sickening.

Kevin said it best on Podcast. For everyday communicating you can't beat blackberry. If you have time tO kill and want to play with yourself I mean phone for hours then droid is the phone for you.

8MP camera in a phone is stupid. Files are way to big and quality is no better than my s2 camera. Are you going to make posters out of your pics? I doubt it.

I can type way faster on my s2 than iphone or droid.

The s2 w OS 6 and webkit is going to kick **** as the best all around phone.
    Seriously droid fanboys. Get list

First of all your post is completely subjective. And shows who the real fanboi is when you claim that a phone with an OS that you know nothing about and haven't even experienced, will be the best. Your ignorance is sickening. Grow up.
    04-29-10 05:52 PM
    I can't wait. I played with one yesterday and loved it. Mine will arrive May 5th. Best of all Verizon gave it to me for $199 less than 4 months into mt 2 year contract.
    I would like to know how you managed that as well!

04-29-10 05:59 PM
    Think omeone posted on hofo or androidforums that VZ put out an ad for this. That you can upgrade to a smartphone no matter when u started your contract but you had to be coming from a non-smartphone
    04-29-10 06:04 PM
    Anyone have screen shots of the GPS Navigation? From what i'm hearing it's pretty good.

its not really special, i mean the actual nav uses google maps. I have not actually used it yet but he is a route i plotted to test pics

also there is no screenshot app until the phone is rootable so i took these with my storm 2

bottom 2 icons are search and make a call

What is nice is the voice search as you say where you want to go and it will find it and then you can load it into the nav and off you go
    Last edited by howarmat; 04-29-10 at 06:15 PM.
    04-29-10 06:07 PM
    I haven't had a chance to preview the Incredible yet, but i have played around quite a bit with other Android phones.

Some like to criticize RIM for lack of OS development, but there are a lot of aspects about the Blackberry OS I really do like. Maybe it's just because I'm used to Blackberry's way of doing things, but I find trying to navigate and find different settings on Android devices to be a little to "all over the place" for me. It also seems to me like there are too many settings in Android that I either can't find, or need a separate app to have access to.

I can't argue that the web browsing experience in Android is better...but I've never been too unhappy with what I can do with my S2...perhaps that's just not as much of a priority to me as it is to some others (email is probably my #1 priority).

I feel like Android is still a little "raw", but the sky is the limit right now, which is why I'm interested to see what RIM does with 6.0. For me, Android isn't impressive enough for me to consider ditching my Blackberry...but I do recognize it's potential. Regardless of who comes out on top of the whole RIM vs. BB vs. Android (vs. Palm vs. WinMo) battle, I think all will benefit from the competition each one provides to the other parties.
    04-29-10 06:09 PM
    Thank you, howarmat! i appreciate that. So there's no 3D view? GPS Nav is a must for me. Does it talk?

04-29-10 06:13 PM
    Thank you, howarmat! i appreciate that. So there's no 3D view? GPS Nav is a must for me. Does it talk?

like i said i havent actually testing it. i might tomorrow though on my way to the golf course for the **** of it. I will also get to see how it drains the battery lol
    04-29-10 06:20 PM
    First of all your post is completely subjective. And shows who the real fanboi is when you claim that a phone with an OS that you know nothing about and haven't even experienced, will be the best. Your ignorance is sickening. Grow up.
    I do agree with your statement about the mystery OS. But he has a really good point, a 8mp camera is complete overkill for a phone. 90% of people never even print pics anymore, and if they do its most likely a 5x7 which any 2 or 3 mp camera can handle with good quality. Consumers always think more mega pixels is better in cameras but in reality its far far from the truth. A 3mp high end sensor will print better than a cheapo 8mp sensor any day.
    04-29-10 07:45 PM

I have to totally agree with this.

And furthermore anybody that knows about technology/engineering in general should understand that a number isn't everything. There is a lot more that goes into it than that. These units of measurement are very subjective. Whether it's horsepower, contrast ratio, amp watts, or megapixels, these numbers mean next to nothing in the finished product.

Just look at the S1 to S2 picture quality, They are both 3.2MP.

The camera on my S2 is really amazing to me.

EDIT- ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I type so slow......I always get beaten to the punch dam-it!!!!
    Last edited by jiggyb; 04-29-10 at 07:51 PM.
    04-29-10 07:48 PM
    Played with the DI yesterday and I loved it. I also like my S2. I think when my Tour contract is up I will upgrade. Fifteen more days...

I'm really excited for the widgets. That's what I really want. Maybe when BB6 comes out we'll stand a chance with the DI, but not until then. I just want the widgets...

04-29-10 08:45 PM
    What kind of 12 volt power plug will I need? Is the one from the Storm the same type mini USB? I hope?
    04-29-10 08:54 PM
    Actually I disagree. Without any type of optical zoom, it at least gives you a few pixels to play with if you want to crop something. Can't crop much from a 3MP picture.
    04-29-10 09:00 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD