It is with much regret I must report My Day one Storm Finally died.

Or at least the screen did. I was able to back up all infromation and Apps but sadly the screen stoped dispalying images. All I had was balckness with a few off center faint white lines.

Kudos To the Tenn. VZW CSR/tech support Agent that assisted me. He reminded me I had the exteneded coverage & Checked The inventory at my local corporate store so I caould make it there before they closed. I wish the economy was better so he could have sold me a Storm 2.

As it is my Local Corp. Store hooked me up with a "New/recertified device". Sadly in my hurry to get home I forgot to ask my Rep to give me the Box so I no longer know when or where My storm was manufactured.

So far, so good. Seems to click fine, no dust that I've noticed, ETC.

I shall miss the honor of having a Day 1 storm that not only lasted over a year but seemed to be constructed soundly enough to avoid the issues many others were plagued with.
    02-05-10 10:28 AM
    sad. my day will come soon enough
    02-05-10 01:55 PM
    Look under the battery there is a sticker under there that says where its made.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 04:48 PM
    Mine is holding up pretty well (release day) except my end call/power button does not always work. Looks like VZW has convinced me to go to the S2, so I will probably do that this week and sell my S1. Even with needing a new key pad I think someone will find it worth it (Maybe I'll go ahead and replace them before I sell...). I really think it will be good for some time yet otherwise! Sorry to hear about yours!
    02-06-10 12:48 AM
    Look under the battery there is a sticker under there that says where its made.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Seems my phone, just like my dog, is Hungarian.
    02-24-10 10:37 AM
    unfortunately, this sad day will eventually come . i'm glad my first storm is still functioning well. hopefully it will live until the 9650/97xx is released
    02-24-10 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD