Any else notice that when the phone is doing many things at once.. that the voice call degrades?

ops <may be a "Rant or Rave">
    01-30-09 03:55 PM
    9530 (CDMA) can't do Voice & Data simultaneously, just FYI.....but I do understand what u mean....the current OS's can be tempermental.
    01-30-09 04:03 PM
    The only somewhat data they can do simultaneously would be sending a SMS Text while on the phone, but other than the the two are totally two different entities.
    Examples: Tethering on laptop > Get text message = Lag on game/no response to server on internet because the Data was interrupted or
    Tethering on laptop > Get a phone call = Internet lockdown. or
    On the phone > Try to send/recieve MMS = Won't happen.
    01-30-09 04:11 PM
    anyone jelaous to find out the sprint treo pro might be the first evdo rev a device to allow voice and data at the same time. its rumored, i think i read on engadget mobile or BGR.
    01-30-09 04:29 PM
    The only somewhat data they can do simultaneously would be sending a SMS Text while on the phone, but other than the the two are totally two different entities.
    Examples: Tethering on laptop > Get text message = Lag on game/no response to server on internet because the Data was interrupted or
    Tethering on laptop > Get a phone call = Internet lockdown. or
    On the phone > Try to send/recieve MMS = Won't happen.
    SMS uses the Voice Network, not the Data Network....this is why it works while on a phone call.
    01-30-09 04:32 PM
    9530 (CDMA) can't do Voice & Data simultaneously, just FYI.....but I do understand what u mean....the current OS's can be tempermental.
    I believe it can if you're using a GSM network, but on CDMA you're quite correct.
    01-30-09 04:43 PM
    anyone jelaous to find out the sprint treo pro might be the first evdo rev a device to allow voice and data at the same time. its rumored, i think i read on engadget mobile or BGR.
    Wow, I Googled it to read up....if this becomes true that would be HUGE! I know Verizon is pushing to roll out LTE late this year, which would do the same thing, but wonder how they will react to Sprint's move with the current EVDO Rev A technology.....think Verizon will follow suit???
    01-30-09 04:43 PM
    I believe it can if you're using a GSM network, but on CDMA you're quite correct.
    Correct....I mentioned it because the OP is using a 9530, if the OP was GSM it would say 9500....but if u read cray1000's post, maybe this isnt too far down the road.

I Googled it and apparently the EVDO Rev A Network is technically capable of this although no Service Providers as of yet allow it...I was unaware....Sprint may be the 1st
    01-30-09 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD