Basically the title says it all.

I have NEVER lost this much of battery life from just being idle and I have always heard that you should never see data arrows when texting and i usually do.

All of the apps i have is pdanet, meterberry, vibandring, google maps instead of bb maps pattern lock and thats it. I also do not have BBM installed.

I bought a new battery and i charged it up and its on its first discharge now and its hitting the same the other battery hit..between 1.2-1.8% per hour on idle. and if i send a text or two, it drops around 2-4% an hour.

I am also on L's hybrid with the 5.0.100 files, his latest one, with the .148 leak as my base. My radio is .113
    06-24-09 01:21 PM
    That's better battery perfromance than anyone I know. Stop complaining and use the phone. You actually know the decimal points in your battery loss? Pathetic.
    06-24-09 01:41 PM
    well before hand i was getting .4% on idle loss and now it jumped up.

I'm merely trying to fix what EVERYONE has said should not happen; the data arrows while texting or emailing.
    i am not complaining about it, i just wanted some feedback to if this should happen or not.

but i appreciate your opinion and I will REALLY take it to heart <3
    06-24-09 01:46 PM
    Can you send and receive text messages? Is there another program open in the background that might be using data?

Do the arrows really bother you that badly?
    06-24-09 02:02 PM
    Can you send and receive text messages? Is there another program open in the background that might be using data?

Do the arrows really bother you that badly?
    i just figured the constant data arrows for no reason are whats causing my battery drain. I can send and receive just fine
    06-24-09 02:06 PM
    Is there another program open in the background that might use data? (google maps) Are you using Latitude in Google Maps?

Does your battery last all day?

I see it happen on mine. But I figure there has to be some communication between my phone and the tower throughout the course of the day.
    06-24-09 02:09 PM
    Is there another program open in the background that might use data? (google maps) Are you using Latitude in Google Maps?

Does your battery last all day?

I see it happen on mine. But I figure there has to be some communication between my phone and the tower throughout the course of the day.
    if its idle and it hits about MAX 2.0% since i just text here and there and checking email and a lil web browsing so that lasts about 2 days.

Google maps is not running and i never joined latitude.
    06-24-09 02:11 PM
    If you're getting 2 days out of your battery, you're in better shape than many folks. The data arrows show up all the time on mine....they should, since they're constantly checking for new messages and emails....don't worry about it! Relax and ENJOY your phone!!!!
    06-24-09 04:57 PM
    prob the weather app is updating all the time or something like that
    06-24-09 06:10 PM
    you are BIS not BES correct? RoscoeDpG brings up a good point are you using any apps that connect in certain intervals? try making the intervals longer. my data arrows go off a lot, but i have both weather and twitter apps that connect on timed intervals along with being on a BES that is updating my inbox (i get a TON of emails in a day).

another suggestion when was the last time you did a *228 option 1? i did this a few beta hybrids ago and it seemed to level out my phone a little. doesn't hurt.

oh and i would KILL for 2 days without charging. i charge twice a day normally.
    06-24-09 07:23 PM
    you are BIS not BES correct? RoscoeDpG brings up a good point are you using any apps that connect in certain intervals? try making the intervals longer. my data arrows go off a lot, but i have both weather and twitter apps that connect on timed intervals along with being on a BES that is updating my inbox (i get a TON of emails in a day).

another suggestion when was the last time you did a *228 option 1? i did this a few beta hybrids ago and it seemed to level out my phone a little. doesn't hurt.

oh and i would KILL for 2 days without charging. i charge twice a day normally.
    yea but keep in mind im not on it all day like you are usually. and yes im BIS and i dont have weather or facebook or twitter...i just have google maps and i rarely use that and when i do i click exit in the menu.

I used to have vymail and i set the interval to 9999 minutes for it to check for new voicemail, but i got rid of that since i thought it would be the source of my battery problems a couple weeks ago, but it wasn't

im content with my battery life...i hit the internet hard on my phone for 30 minutes in a 2/5 bar area while waiting for class to start tonight and i only dropped like 3 or 4% so.
    06-24-09 08:31 PM
    yeah, like most have said more or less, i don't know that anybody knows what the specific cause is bc most of us are used to it happening all the time anyways...

i consider myself lucky to get from wake to sleep without having to charge, and many on here have to charge every 4-5 hours bc of their use.

it the increased batt loss is bothering you think about buying the seidio extended batt (1600 i think) that does not require an extended case in the crackberry online store

about 15 or 20 percent extra power which should make up for the extra loss
    06-24-09 11:19 PM
    yeah, like most have said more or less, i don't know that anybody knows what the specific cause is bc most of us are used to it happening all the time anyways...

i consider myself lucky to get from wake to sleep without having to charge, and many on here have to charge every 4-5 hours bc of their use.

it the increased batt loss is bothering you think about buying the seidio extended batt (1600 i think) that does not require an extended case in the crackberry online store

about 15 or 20 percent extra power which should make up for the extra loss
    i did that. its 3rd party but its still an extended battery
    06-24-09 11:51 PM
    i dont get it....you asked why you see data arrows when sending emails...emails are data...hence the arrows

ive always seen arrows while texting too...its supposed to be that way. send a text...few seconds later, you will see data arrows then the "D" on the check mark will show because it just got word the txt was delivered.

right before i get a text message i see the data arrows too...its how i know i'm about to get a text when looking at my phone.
    06-25-09 08:51 AM
    i dont get it....you asked why you see data arrows when sending emails...emails are data...hence the arrows

ive always seen arrows while texting too...its supposed to be that way. send a text...few seconds later, you will see data arrows then the "D" on the check mark will show because it just got word the txt was delivered.

right before i get a text message i see the data arrows too...its how i know i'm about to get a text when looking at my phone.
    I think hes talking about seeing the arrows before he ever sends the text/e-mail... The phone would not be able to anticipate a message to be sent. Nevertheless, I too see data arrows (when typing mostly) but have not been able to decipher if thats the only time they show up arbitrarily, even when I DONT receive or send any messages soon thereafter. However, Im happy with my battery life so its not an issue for me. But it does fake me out sometimes. I think Im gonna get a message cause the arrows are present but... nope... nothing.
    06-25-09 11:43 AM
    I think hes talking about seeing the arrows before he ever sends the text/e-mail... The phone would not be able to anticipate a message to be sent. Nevertheless, I too see data arrows (when typing mostly) but have not been able to decipher if thats the only time they show up arbitrarily, even when I DONT receive or send any messages soon thereafter. However, Im happy with my battery life so its not an issue for me. But it does fake me out sometimes. I think Im gonna get a message cause the arrows are present but... nope... nothing.
    yup thats exactly what im talking about. im typing a message and the upload arrow goes then a quick download arrow and then a double arrow and i get nothing in. which seems to me the phone is asking for mail downloads nothing and send back a reset so it can try again later.

a text or email is usually an upload arrows followed directly by a doubled ended arrow.
    06-25-09 01:40 PM
    yup thats exactly what im talking about. im typing a message and the upload arrow goes then a quick download arrow and then a double arrow and i get nothing in. which seems to me the phone is asking for mail downloads nothing and send back a reset so it can try again later.

a text or email is usually an upload arrows followed directly by a doubled ended arrow.
    this network activity just started happening to my Storm as well but I attribute it to the fact i set up 2 email accounts with the phone. before i did that i never noticed the activity arrows at all except when actually sending or receiving. but now with the email accounts paired to my phone, i see the arrows a lot, esp during idle times. when i am typing an email/txt i will see the same arrow sequence as you stated. but as others said, if you are getting that type of battery life i would consider yourself a lucky person. i wouldnt complain at all personally.
    06-25-09 05:31 PM
    Yeah I also have two email accounts registered to alert me on my phone. Maybe a common denominator?? Biggie how many e-mail accounts on your phone?
    06-25-09 05:58 PM
    Yeah I also have two email accounts registered to alert me on my phone. Maybe a common denominator?? Biggie how many e-mail accounts on your phone?
    two...i have always had two from day one when i set up the email. one gmail and one school mail that i BELIEVE is imap.

ive had more apps than i do now and then when it was idle sometimes it never lost 1% in a good 3-4 hours...averaged about .4% drain...but now its around 1.9%
    06-25-09 06:44 PM
    This is happening to me too, the culprit was buzzme, which did not do what it was supposed to either by they way, I had to do a battery pull or the arrows would not stop.
    During this time I couldn't be called either, very very strange.
    09-06-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD