Wow this is weird, I must have done something dumb.

I upgraded to .103, it's working fine. I've upgraded OS leaks before, so I'm not a noob to it. Never had one problem in all the times I've done it.

I head back to work, I sit down at my desk and notice that all my icons have been moved around, my contacts are gone, my bookmarks gone, settings, etc. Basically everything reverted back to a wiped phone. Now I know I backed everything up because I had that checked and I watched it back them up as I have done with every upgrade. Nothing any different than I've ever done, really weird.

Anyway question is, I assume I can get them back without reverting back to .99 or any old OS correct? Assuming of course that I did back them up which I am 99% sure I did. Do I just go back into the DM and restore the contacts and settings that way? I know they're saved, just don't know how to restore them.

Thanks for any help!
    02-11-09 04:23 PM
    Yes, you can.

I use Google Sync + Gmail Contacts for my contacts... so much faster and better, quicker for me then using DM.

my 2cents
    02-11-09 04:28 PM
    Wipe your BB, install core with 1.03 installed, and then install your backup. When you install your OS from a wipe, it automatically installs the latest OS installed to your PC. Restoring your BB settings and contacts and messages and whatnot is a separate step.

Question: Did you wipe first, or straight upgrade?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 04:31 PM
    Geebuz people. WTF is with all the wrong directions?

Go into DM, go into Backup/Restore and just restore the LoaderBackup (data of the backup/i.e. today) and you're done. All your stuff from the upgrade backup will be there.

If you installed via a wipe and reload, then just restore the manual backup you made. It'll just be called Backup (date of install).

Good luck.
    02-11-09 04:34 PM
    Wipe your BB, install core with 1.03 installed, and then install your backup. When you install your OS from a wipe, it automatically installs the latest OS installed to your PC. Restoring your BB settings and contacts and messages and whatnot is a separate step.

Question: Did you wipe first, or straight upgrade?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I just did a straight upgrade.
    02-11-09 04:36 PM

Go into DM, go into Backup/Restore and just restore the LoaderBackup (data of the backup/i.e. today) and you're done. All your stuff from the upgrade backup will be there.

If you installed via a wipe and reload, then just restore the manual backup you made. It'll just be called Backup (date of install).

Good luck.
    Sweet, will try when I get home tonight. Appreciate the help. I saw the 2-11 backup file in there so I think I should be good. Just wasn't sure if I'd lose .103 too, which obviously I won't.
    02-11-09 04:36 PM
    This happen to me also, which was weird because this has never happen before anyway to fix it:

First go to desktop manager and select backup and restore (even if you didnt back up yourself before you installed the os, it should have done a loader auto save)

Next you will see options, backup, restore, and advance, click on restore the scroll down till you see "LoaderBackup-(2009-02-11).ipd" and select it. When the next screen comes up select yes then wait for it to restore your backup. After this you should be good(Contacts, call log, messages, emails, everything should come back).

If some or all of your applications are still missing go to application loader, then to add/remove applications and click start. Select the applications you want to load and click next. After they load your blackberry should reset then everything you want should be back.

Hope this helps
    02-11-09 04:41 PM
    Thanks guys! I figured it wasn't a big deal.
    02-11-09 04:41 PM
    Yeah always good to do a backup before you upgrade. I also had to do a restore after upgrading.
    02-11-09 04:45 PM
    Same thing happened to me.. Luckily it saved backup to My Documents.
    02-11-09 04:48 PM
    same thing happened to me - and it never has before when upgrading.

just hit restore on DM and it was back to normal.
    02-11-09 04:52 PM

Good luck.
    most be a glitch in .103 becouse it happend mr also but i just used the restore
    02-11-09 05:17 PM
    Ok at least I know it's not me, and it's something with this update.
    02-11-09 05:27 PM
    Happened to me too, lol.
    02-11-09 06:50 PM

Good luck.
    I just downloaded about 5 minutes ago

Great advice buddy, I had this same problem too. This method restored all of my lost data although I noticed my browser is gone!

When I hold my bb button to show my running apps the browser is there but when I press it, I got a message talking about not having some sort of book information and to contact my service provider to restore the browser.

I would type the exact error but im doing a batt pull right now and im hoping it will fix it, but if it doesnt wtf? what should i do?
    02-11-09 06:53 PM
    Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration service book entries.

Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device.

The batt pull didnt work
    02-11-09 06:55 PM
    Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration service book entries.

Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device.

The batt pull didnt work
    options>advanced options>host routing table>blackberry button>register now. This should get the browser back
    02-11-09 07:25 PM
    Thanks for the help

Although soon after I made my last post my browser randomly reappeared. I didnt even do anything, I Just went to look for it looking for a miracle and it was back!

Ill do that in the future, and im sure others will have the same problem
    02-11-09 07:31 PM
    Whatever all good now.
    02-11-09 08:28 PM
    If it's any consolation, this happened to me too.

I've upgraded my BB to every new leak, and even used the appLoader process rather than letting DM do it.

No worries, found the LoaderBackup and all seems to be ok.
    02-13-09 06:54 AM
    I just had the same problem. Without knowing this I had to use my Microsoft Outlook & google sync to rebuild the whole damn thing.

So now that I went through that torture, can I use something of this same procedure to just reload the calendar?
    02-14-09 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD