and thought it was due to a glitch in the 713 OS. So I look on my wife's phone, and hers now shows "no service" (her phone is on 607). Seems that for the first time EVER, Verizon cell service is down (presumably) in my immediate area! LOL! What are the odds of that happening right when I'm checking out the new OS?

Grrr, support lines are closed at 11PM so I can't reach Verizon to find out what's going on with the loss of signal.
    Last edited by dave1812; 06-19-10 at 02:24 AM.
    06-19-10 02:20 AM
    It's SOS not 505. Basically your phone can only make emergency calls right now. Make sure your radio isn't set to gsm only. Since vodaphone isn't in the usa, that's what happens if you have the factory sim in there and set it to gsm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 03:50 AM
    It's SOS not 505. Basically your phone can only make emergency calls right now. Make sure your radio isn't set to gsm only. Since vodaphone isn't in the usa, that's what happens if you have the factory sim in there and set it to gsm.

SOS ? LoL . Must be the font that dave is using .
    06-19-10 03:54 AM

the network was down. and thanks for the clarification that what looked like "505" was "SOS".

My wife's phone couldn't connect either, and within a few seconds of each other, they came back on line. I'd estimate that my local Verizon network was down about 10-15 minutes. I've never seen that happen before.
    06-19-10 02:32 PM
    You might try updating your PRL, Dave. Its possible they were doing some tower/network updating. A PRL update might get you a better signal. I update mine about once a month. Sometimes there's a new PRL, sometimes not. You won't know till you just do the update. Mine updated from 65132 to 65144 yesterday.

06-19-10 07:57 PM
    You might try updating your PRL, Dave. Its possible they were doing some tower/network updating. A PRL update might get you a better signal. I update mine about once a month. Sometimes there's a new PRL, sometimes not. You won't know till you just do the update. Mine updated from 65132 to 65144 yesterday.

where do u see that 5 digit number?
    06-19-10 10:20 PM
    Dial #4357* send

06-19-10 10:29 PM
    BTW. VZW current prl is 51920.
    Mr O must be on Sprint. Or crack.

06-19-10 10:45 PM
    BTW. VZW current prl is 51920.
    Mr O must be on Sprint. Or crack.

Not necessarily. He is definitely on VZW because I also have 65144. Mr. O and I both have hybrid PRL's because we ported our lines from Alltel. (I'm assuming he did because that's what I did). But anyway, the 50000 series is native VZW and the 60000 series is the hybrid between VZW and Alltel.
    06-19-10 11:33 PM
    That's strange Sprint is 6000 also.
    I was thinking that if you activated a Storm they would make you switch over to a VZW plan.

06-19-10 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD