why does my BlackBerry Storm 2 keep coming up with 'unknown caller' even though the contact is saved in my address book, and their number is not restrcited, my own caller ID is off, ive tried doing the whole, country code, area code and 10 digit thing, nothing is working! the number and or name ISNT coming up. Ive searched google for answers and nothing seems to give me the answer i need, PLEASE HELP IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE!!!! id be truly greatful.
    10-15-10 09:30 PM
    Do you have the Caller ID service enabled on your phone plan? If not, then that would explain why.
    10-15-10 11:12 PM
    is there a way to find out if its caller enabled? i didnt even know that kind of stuff existed i only tought that caller id and what not only came withthe phone not through a plan. =/
    10-15-10 11:43 PM
    is there a way to find out if its caller enabled? i didnt even know that kind of stuff existed i only tought that caller id and what not only came withthe phone not through a plan. =/
    Not always. My roommate had exactly the same problem when she got her S2, and it was because her dad forgot to enable caller ID on her line.
    Last edited by genomos; 10-16-10 at 12:21 AM.
    10-16-10 12:19 AM
    You have to call your carrier to check to see if its enabled on your phone line. Based on what you just said though, I'm guessing its not. You have a phone that is capable of using caller ID, but without a subscription to the service, you won't be able to use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 10:56 AM
    I had that problem already. Do you have an application on your phone called city ID? If so, take it off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD