So, I was setting up my 2 Gmail accounts on my Storm 1 and I didn't realize the synchronize option was enabled. After it was setup I went into my messages window and saw that all of my text messages didn't have contact names, but rather just numbers.

Upon checking my contacts, they were blank except for myself, which happens to be my only Gmail contact. I noticed there was 2 lists of contacts, on for each email, so I figured I may be able to remove the synced emails from the phone to restore the original list, but that did not work.

I imported a very old version of my sim contacts and it went into one of the Gmail contact lists.

First question is there any thing I am forgetting that may restore my old contacts? Next is there anyway to have the Storm go back to using just 1 contact list not associated to any email? Maybe this inturn would restore my old list... One can wish right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 04:09 AM
    I had a very similar problem and now I can't even sync it with Outlook. I tried deleting the gmail sync service book but this didn't help.
    05-18-10 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD