05-18-09 09:25 AM
308 ... 10111213
tools
    Ok as far as your "electronic knowledge"
    I own a 14.6 mill a year web design business. Nobody cares about what I do and nobody cares about your knowledge of this ****.
    The point and question here is should the kids daddy but her a phone plan, or not. Go program a computer and stop being a bigot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

to own a company of that value and come on a forum talking like this hmmm....

its pretty ignorant and almost seems well cliche

to be honest when I was in school I had a pager and adults and parents thought that was ridiculous

ohh when I was growing up noone needed a computer either you know because it was ridiculous for a kid to be on a computer

keep in mind times change if you ignore that your age plays a role against you and always will. I am starting to get older now and I refuse to fall behind by being blind to what changes are coming about the world is FULL of change and tons of people are scared to he77 about it.

Parents make there decisions for there kids I believe the answer is simple crackberry users are not the ones to give the kid advice on how to get it the kid needs to learn how to communicate with there parents and not be afraid to communicate with them.

Sad thing is I think you need to learn a bit of how to communicate to people

and yes I fully expect you to now jump down my throat as well. and before you type the comment directed at me please read the comment I created after this one.
    Last edited by noaim; 05-04-09 at 04:30 AM.
    05-04-09 04:17 AM
    It's sickening what some of you people say about how teenagers don't need Blackberrys. No one NEEDS a Blackberry. I am 18 and I use mine for my company and myself. The majority of you I could run circles around with anything technology related. I taught myself C, C++, and Java, I run my own server and host for several friends websites, I ported Android to a phone I have on my own with the help of some friends. You guys are ridiculous, although everyone is different. I don't know why you elderly speak to us younger members so condescendingly. I don't need to justify my needs anymore, mainly because some of you have it in your head that you know everything. Besides that, I don't really care what you say, I have a Blackberry and there is nothing you can do about it

and as far is this is concerned there is something I agree with the comment directed towards you

and thats the fact of how you just spoke this is WHY adults see younger people as a major problem because you guys seem to think you know the world one thing that will make you fall behind is denying the fact that there is many other extremely intelligent people out there. I made a website when I was 14 and thats before you were born if you think I haven't kept up on how to make websites your sadly mistaken. I also have a degree in computer networking and have done it for major corporations. Anyone can run a server but it takes alot and ton of knowledge to keep data secure and run it on big and some small corporations. A attitude like this is the reason you would be the first person hired and fired in the same day in a real world situation.

IT is a TEAM this is not a team attitude.
    05-04-09 04:27 AM
    I got my son a Storm. BOGO deal was too good. I was worried as well. He had it less than a day and already dropped it. I didn't even have time to get him a cover. Now he has a cover and things are better.
    05-04-09 07:35 AM
    It's sickening what some of you people say about how teenagers don't need Blackberrys. No one NEEDS a Blackberry. I am 18 and I use mine for my company and myself. The majority of you I could run circles around with anything technology related. I taught myself C, C++, and Java, I run my own server and host for several friends websites, I ported Android to a phone I have on my own with the help of some friends. You guys are ridiculous, although everyone is different. I don't know why you elderly speak to us younger members so condescendingly. I don't need to justify my needs anymore, mainly because some of you have it in your head that you know everything. Besides that, I don't really care what you say, I have a Blackberry and there is nothing you can do about it
    it's great you're being so productive @ 18, but even you must admit there is a big difference between 18 and 14.
    05-04-09 08:23 AM
    Rofl @ all the point-missing here...
    My point is, I didn't have this, I had to work for my devices as a kid, I had to refuel my offroad bike myself.
    If I ever have kids(and I hope I dont) they will get compassion from me, on how you "want" something, but they will have to maintain the data, costs etc themselves.

RyanBG has a good point, just too much ego, the humbling process will come before 25 dude, so slow down
    05-04-09 08:57 AM
    I can't believe this thread is still going... is there really nothing else better to be doing but discussing whether this 14 year old should be getting a storm or not? I'm not even going to express my opinion here because this topic has been overly discussed! Good day.
    05-04-09 11:11 AM
    I can't believe this thread is still going... is there really nothing else better to be doing but discussing whether this 14 year old should be getting a storm or not? I'm not even going to express my opinion here because this topic has been overly discussed! Good day.
    This is not an overly discussed topic, it's informative for other parents. I can't believe you posted that.

05-04-09 09:14 PM
    Whether or not its ignorant to you matters not to me. My communication skills are far above par and if they were not my company wouldn't have prospered as much. I am not here to communicate with people and the fact that this topic struck my interest and I decided to post is. As far as this goes I wasn't trying to communicate anything other than the face that just because Ryan has a knowledge doesn't mean this child does, and that there are people who are far more knowledgeable about technology.
    to own a company of that value and come on a forum talking like this hmmm....

its pretty ignorant and almost seems well cliche

to be honest when I was in school I had a pager and adults and parents thought that was ridiculous

ohh when I was growing up noone needed a computer either you know because it was ridiculous for a kid to be on a computer

keep in mind times change if you ignore that your age plays a role against you and always will. I am starting to get older now and I refuse to fall behind by being blind to what changes are coming about the world is FULL of change and tons of people are scared to he77 about it.

Parents make there decisions for there kids I believe the answer is simple crackberry users are not the ones to give the kid advice on how to get it the kid needs to learn how to communicate with there parents and not be afraid to communicate with them.

Sad thing is I think you need to learn a bit of how to communicate to people

and yes I fully expect you to now jump down my throat as well. and before you type the comment directed at me please read the comment I created after this one.
    05-04-09 09:23 PM
    Please for the love of God... Lock this thread!! I can't take it anymore!

05-04-09 09:42 PM
    Please for the love of God... Lock this thread!! I can't take it anymore!

x2 this thread is ********.
    05-04-09 09:58 PM
    Then stop reading genius.
    x2 this thread is ********.
    05-04-09 10:04 PM
    Whether or not its ignorant to you matters not to me. My communication skills are far above par and if they were not my company wouldn't have prospered as much. I am not here to communicate with people and the fact that this topic struck my interest and I decided to post is. As far as this goes I wasn't trying to communicate anything other than the face that just because Ryan has a knowledge doesn't mean this child does, and that there are people who are far more knowledgeable about technology.

that I can agree with.. I stick to my favorite quote when it comes to technology.. A friend once said this to me in college actually..

"noone knows everything but everyone knows something" and that applies to more then just technology but heck does it apply to technology

I will apologize for being a little snippy but when people start talking numbers it doesn't come off good is all at least when the numbers are related to the person who is speaking it.
    05-05-09 01:54 AM
    You are never to young for a blackberry, i got one coming in the mail to replace my old one.. 15 here..

lol
    05-05-09 03:13 AM
    Your are too young to explore what the Internet has to offer. Bottom Line, Too Young.
    05-05-09 05:05 AM
    Ok as far as your "electronic knowledge"
    I own a 14.6 mill a year web design business. Nobody cares about what I do and nobody cares about your knowledge of this ****.
    The point and question here is should the kids daddy but her a phone plan, or not. Go program a computer and stop being a bigot.

Right... You seem to have very poor communication skills. I didn't realize you were the authority on parenting and judgment here on CB.

I typed my whole response in a fit of rage, just because it's frustrating when I get someone who lumps me into an age range and tells me what I know and don't know and what I have the ability to do and what I don't do. I don't know everything, obviously, but it's frustrating when someone labels you and tells me what I am capable of.
    Last edited by ryanbg; 05-12-09 at 03:06 PM.
    05-12-09 02:49 PM
    Man I dont think I had a cell phone in middle, kids these days got it nice.
    05-16-09 05:37 PM
    Screw the phone...you should be already planning on how to get your first car...

Girls are NOT impressed with the size, oops I mean model of your phone...
    05-16-09 06:59 PM
    I'm 17 and I have a Berry. As long as I keep my grades up and stay out of trouble, I have it. Point of the matter is, everyone saying that the kid shouldn't have a storm is cause its a business phone. However, you're misinformed, its not, its an entertainment device AND a phone. The kid can watch movies and listen to music. So, economically, buying a storm makes sense, rather than buying an ipod and a phone

05-16-09 11:18 PM
    I'm 17 and I have a Berry. As long as I keep my grades up and stay out of trouble, I have it. Point of the matter is, everyone saying that the kid shouldn't have a storm is cause its a business phone. However, you're misinformed, its not, its an entertainment device AND a phone. The kid can watch movies and listen to music. So, economically, buying a storm makes sense, rather than buying an ipod and a phone

In the long run though, the iPod doesn't require a data plan....blackberry does. Therefore, economically, it may make sense to begin with, but in the long run, that data plan charge adds up.

Storm = $200 initial investment (phone) + $30/month for 24 months = $920.

iPod = $300 initial investment (average)

Just putting it out there.....
    05-16-09 11:50 PM
    i didn't get a cell phone till i was 15 good old days
    05-17-09 01:06 AM
    i didn't get a cell phone till i was 15 good old days

I had a pager when I was 15.. no cell tell 18 because they barely existed...

so I feel no pity!

I still will always stand by the argument that a KID is under super vision of there Parent. If the parent wants to get them a BB who am I to tell them no.

I also think a ton of adults fall behind in the times.

I had to yell and kick to get a computer in the house and also get a cd rom with a encyclopedia on it. Now does a house exist without a computer? Technology will change forever. My cousin got cell phones for all of her KIDS they LOVE them they love being able to call there kids whenever and find out where they are and have easy contact with them. One of them does have a blackberry they all have fantastic grades and are farely well behaved for kids so I just don't see a problem with it.
    Last edited by noaim; 05-17-09 at 03:14 AM.
    05-17-09 03:11 AM
    Wish when I was 14 I had a phone... I think if I was 14 I would be cool with a simple flip phone, don't think I would need a storm though.
    05-17-09 03:16 AM
    edit: nevermind
    Last edited by nckt; 05-17-09 at 07:12 AM.
    05-17-09 06:44 AM
    Work, save money, and then Buy an Iphone. I think it will be more for your age. I had my nephew who is 15 do that. The blackberry didn't offer him what he wanted, it is more for business than play. The Iphone will be more your liking by jailbreaking it and adding whatever programs you need. AGAIN, GET A JOB BECAUSE IT IS ALSO EXPENSIVE TO MAINTAIN. if your parents have to pay for it, then you don't need it.
    05-17-09 10:14 AM
    HAHA...when I was 15 I had a job, and snuck behind my Dad's back to buy a Cellular 1-2-3 prepaid phone just to talk to my girlfriend, and DAMN it was expensive! lol
    05-17-09 01:04 PM
308 ... 10111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD