So i unlocked the storm and inserted my t-mobile sim card but on the top of the screen it still reads activation required. I can make and receive calls send text and receive but i cant go on the browser or do mms

any help from anyone would greatly appreciate it
    11-25-08 10:10 PM
    Did you register on the network?

Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now.
    11-25-08 10:12 PM
    yeah and still nothing
    11-25-08 10:14 PM
    my guess is exactly what was stated previous the service books didn't hit your phone for t-mobile and because I know nothing about tmo I have no clue if you can even send them...

or how it all works... But my assumption would have to be that its do to service books.
    11-25-08 10:16 PM
    If your T-Mobile account bound to that SIM card is not provisioned for Blackberry service, it won't work.

Does it say edge or EDGE? If it's lower case, you don't have Blackberry data from T-Mobile.
    11-25-08 10:18 PM
    If your T-Mobile account bound to that SIM card is not provisioned for Blackberry service, it won't work.

Does it say edge or EDGE? If it's lower case, you don't have Blackberry data from T-Mobile.
    Exactly , and you will need to put service books onto the storm so that you can do MMS and Browser. Otherwise text and phone is the only function you will have
    11-25-08 10:20 PM

Exactly , and you will need to put service books onto the storm so that you can do MMS and Browser. Otherwise text and phone is the only function you will have
    it says EDGE.

and how would i be able to put service books onto the storm
    11-25-08 11:12 PM
    If you're account with them is Blackberry provisioned, try doing a register from Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table, but you may not get all the right Service Books... because T-Mobile doesn't have them for the Storm.
    11-25-08 11:30 PM
    yeah tried that as well and still no luck. i've read that if your transfer your service books from a previous bb it would work but not sure
    11-25-08 11:33 PM
    Ah defeat!

Civic is a smart man. It all makes sense now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 11:34 PM
    On T-Mo you can go to the homepage, then sign in on the top right, scroll down to where it says "Messaging" and click on "Set up BlackBerry Internet e-mail" On the left navigation bar there should be a Service Books option, click that and press "Send Service Books" wait a bit and do a hard reset.
    11-25-08 11:43 PM
    that actually work thanks man but now i need to get my browser to work anything on that?
    11-26-08 12:21 AM
    did you get a line activated with the storm? For some reason my browser works with tmo and I only sent email service books from the web site
    11-26-08 12:23 AM
    no i just bought it out right and i dont even have the browser or app center icon on my menu.
    11-26-08 12:24 AM
    it also still say activation required but the thing is i unlocked it and it works any way i can take that out too?
    11-26-08 12:27 AM
    On T-Mo you can go to the homepage, then sign in on the top right, scroll down to where it says "Messaging" and click on "Set up BlackBerry Internet e-mail" On the left navigation bar there should be a Service Books option, click that and press "Send Service Books" wait a bit and do a hard reset.
    That just does the email service books, which are pretty much universal since it's just BIS email. It does not push the service books for anything else.
    11-26-08 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD