Ok something I've been waiting for a customizable skin for the blackberry storm, I had read the site a day ago on the colorware page and the storms look simply amazing but besides the price, unless you use your own ( are they a trusted site) is there any other reason you would not customize your storm.(I think it would definitely void the warranty if something was to happen and not to mention being out of a hot-looking storm). Im interested in doing it but would appreciate some feedback.
    01-10-09 08:42 PM
    Ok something I've been waiting for a customizable skin for the blackberry storm, I had read the site a day ago on the colorware page and the storms look simply amazing but besides the price, unless you use your own ( are they a trusted site) is there any other reason you would not customize your storm.(I think it would definitely void the warranty if something was to happen and not to mention being out of a hot-looking storm). Im interested in doing it but would appreciate some feedback.
    by doing this, you would def void as some others here have phrased it "the much needed warranty" other then that in my opinion it makes the phone look cheap.

check out Xbox Skins ? Custom Xbox Skins and Xbox Stickers for Game Consoles and Controllers for some pretty sweet stuff.
    01-10-09 08:45 PM
    Really, wow did you see the website and you feel they look cheap
    01-10-09 08:49 PM
    colorware as a whole i dont feel looks cheap

i feel it makes the storm look cheap.

but again that is just my $.02
    01-10-09 08:51 PM
    ok thanx for the info
    01-10-09 08:56 PM
    never a problem. i would just be very skeptical about voiding a warranty on a new touch screen device that you could need to have replaced at any time@
    01-10-09 08:57 PM
    For sure: nothing worse than having your Storm start having issues after you've shelled out the price of the phone and the price of Colorware on top of that.
    01-10-09 09:03 PM
    i think it looks cool but id prob do mine in black lol
    01-10-09 09:04 PM
    For sure: nothing worse than having your Storm start having issues after you've shelled out the price of the phone and the price of Colorware on top of that.
    That would be funny. I would like to see someone spend that amount of money to get their phone painted and than the phone has problems with clicking or dust issues. What would they do now? They spent over $100 to get it painted and now there is a problem with it.
    01-11-09 01:23 AM
    That would be funny. I would like to see someone spend that amount of money to get their phone painted and than the phone has problems with clicking or dust issues. What would they do now? They spent over $100 to get it painted and now there is a problem with it.

Those of us that would do this aren't worried about the money. I put out $595 for the phone and if I had to buy another one I would, granted they would be a lot less now since I got mine through verizion. For some of us, the money is simply not an issue.
    01-11-09 01:32 AM
    Those of us that would do this aren't worried about the money. I put out $595 for the phone and if I had to buy another one I would, granted they would be a lot less now since I got mine through verizion. For some of us, the money is simply not an issue.
    The way the economy is and the recession...it should. I guess thats how people have debit, bad credit or just spoiled by their parents (not aimed at you...just in general)

If the phone didnt have this much problems and I wanted the phone colored, I would get it done. But not everyone has money to throw around just like that. I think I have more important things to use that money on. I rather pocket the money and have a phone that looks like everyone elses, than try to be unique and different and spend the extra money.
    01-11-09 01:37 AM
    That makes sense, I would just hope the people who want to do this have the extra money too.

But then again, people are still buying these new phones, new cars, HDTV's, etc...

Spending a 130 ain't that much.
    01-11-09 01:43 AM
    That makes sense, I would just hope the people who want to do this have the extra money too.

But then again, people are still buying these new phones, new cars, HDTV's, etc...

Spending a 130 ain't that much.
    Too me its a lot considering within 1-2 years, I could be getting a new phone or on a different carrier. With cars (not leasing), HDTV, etc. I'm keeping it longer than that. Those are items you would buy and keep until it craps out on you. Thats when you would purchase a new one.

People are still buying new cars, HDTVs, etc. but as stated with the current situation with the economy, retail sales have dropped dramatically. People getting laid off, every penny counts when you have a family with bills to pay.

Not to mention, I resell phones that I no longer need so I wouldnt even recoup the cost of it. It might even lower the price of the resell value of the phone. I keep all boxes and parts to the phone. Some people will throw all that stuff away so when they sell their phone, they'll get $20 while I can get $100 for my complete phone. Although, not everyone resells their phone.
    01-11-09 01:52 AM
    This is all true, but there is obviously a market for their services. 130 over 2 years isn't much to me. Talking $5 a month for 24 months. I can skip eating out once a month and take care of that and still customize my phone.
    01-11-09 02:05 AM
    Tough choice...give up warranty just for aesthetics? Hmmmm..

If I did, here's what it would look like:

01-11-09 02:41 AM
    I think colorware offers warrantys for the phone. i think it may only be when u purchase the phone directly from them though
    01-11-09 02:51 AM
    You have to be insane to pay 129.00 .
    01-11-09 03:45 AM
    I think colorware offers warrantys for the phone. i think it may only be when u purchase the phone directly from them though
    Yes colorware offers a warranty on the device (ColorWare) since this procedure voids your warrenty. They give you a 30 day parts and 1 year labor warranty covering the coloring and hardware of that product. I remember when they first started to do the PS3 and iPhone, they gave everyone a complete 1 year coverage on the parts and labor. I think that they might do the same thing with the storm but you would have to ask them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 04:05 AM
    When i first seen the colorware i thought, this could be cool. Once i seen the $129.00 i was like it's aight. Then I seen it was 2-3 weeks without my phone, then i thought not cool!! (If i would have got it, i would have got it all white, iphone killer)
    01-11-09 04:06 AM
    Are you insane? 130$ for something you can do for 5$ worth of krylon and a bit of time?

I guess a sucker IS born every minute.
    01-11-09 04:53 AM
    haha, reading some of these post made me laugh, because honest truth...I am that sucker! if this service was available in Canada (with the complete warranty, replacement offer), I would have most defiantly sent in my phone. I would get another phone hooked up in the mean time, put that charge on my credit card...and just pray that whole 2-3 weeks my phone comes back to me in working order! (..in addition to it's new pretty, shinny and new makeover!)

elle.
    01-11-09 08:58 AM
    you can always buy the housing and change it if the phone acts up at cnn.cn but I would like the all white storm but the $129 is alot and they do give you a warranty on it as well.
    01-11-09 09:11 AM
    I would not do it. The warrantee is a big thing (let me get out of my LG Dare and get my Storm for $50). And more importantly so is Asurion, the insurance for the phone. If you had to use your insurance, I can guarantee Asurion would not pay to have your phone recolored. They also would not pay to buy a new one from Colorware.

Is insurance that big a deal for you? Dunno, but having had to use it when I got mugged one night and seeing how many people have flushed / dropped / spilled their Storm it is to me. In my case, I'm careful with my possession but I could not anticipate nor control getting cracked on the skull from behind
    01-11-09 09:12 AM
    I don't understand why you would pay to color a phone. I had my last MacBook Pro painted black. I had a problem with the computer, took it to the Apple store in Fort Lauderdale, they looked at me so weird and asked, "Sir, what did you do to this computer?" Colorware claims that it will void your warranty, but Apple for some reason or other, let it slide and fixed my computer. I don't understand the painting of the phone because the Storm looks sexy enough, whats the point of painting it? Also, the Storm is small, and it is bound for someone to lose it, so why pay, then risk losing it? A laptop is a lot harder to lose then a cell phone, IMO.
    01-11-09 09:53 AM
    I don't understand why you would pay to color a phone. I had my last MacBook Pro painted black. I had a problem with the computer, took it to the Apple store in Fort Lauderdale, they looked at me so weird and asked, "Sir, what did you do to this computer?" Colorware claims that it will void your warranty, but Apple for some reason or other, let it slide and fixed my computer. I don't understand the painting of the phone because the Storm looks sexy enough, whats the point of painting it? Also, the Storm is small, and it is bound for someone to lose it, so why pay, then risk losing it? A laptop is a lot harder to lose then a cell phone, IMO.
    is your name David by chance? (sorry to thread jack)
    01-11-09 10:59 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD