Ok..the guys at Verizon couldn't figure this out. But when I assign custom ringtone for phone and SMS to people and I put the phone on vibrate, the phone still rings. This only happens when they have custom ringers. I know there w
    as a way to do this on the pearl but how do I keep my assigned ringers and have it not ring when on vibrate only?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 07:18 AM
    This is an identified issue/problem.

If you have a "Custom Ring Tone/Alert" set for a conact, and put the phone in the built-in Vibrate profile, it will play the custom tone, instead of just vibrating.

If you put the phone in silent mode, it stays silent.

I've fed it back to my VZW & RIM reps.

I haven't tried to see what happens if I create my own "vibrate" profile.
    12-06-08 08:15 AM
    Did the update from yesterday fix this by chance?
    12-06-08 09:16 AM
    I have the leaked version..should I try to change to the official and see if it works?
    I tried the creating of a custom vibrate profile and that seems to work for now

12-06-08 09:32 AM
    I actually have the opposite of this issue. From time to time my custom ringtones don't ring when it is set to normal. It doesn't seem to have a problem vibrating though. After a reset it seems to "correct" itself.

12-06-08 10:40 AM
    I have the leaked version..should I try to change to the official and see if it works?

This happens in both the Leaked v4.7.0.75 and the Verizon released v4.7.0.75
    12-07-08 09:41 AM
    It does appear to be fixed with .76..

BTW, welcome to CB Mark, noob....
    12-07-08 09:44 AM
    I have .76 installed on my phone, and it is not fixed. Still get custom rings when set to vibrate.
    12-07-08 09:52 AM

I have also done the work-around with a new custom "vibrate" profile, but unfortunately, the new custom vibrate profile is not the default vibrate profile. So, for example, you have to go to the bottom of the list of profiles to set it. And the phone still uses the original vibrate profile when I use the short-cut of holding the mute key down when the phone is locked.

Hopefully, they will fix this soon. I can see some embarrassing situations with this problem when the phone starts playing "She's a Bad Mama-Jama" while you're sitting in court waiting for your traffic ticket case to be called. Hilarity (and possibly, a contempt citation) is sure to ensue....
    12-07-08 10:25 AM

I haven't tried to see what happens if I create my own "vibrate" profile.
    It still rings with a custom "vibrate" profile.
    12-07-08 10:32 AM
    I have to say this is my biggest problem with the phone. Before this phone I would point and snicker at people that had ringers go odd in meeting or walking around the mall and now I am one of them...
    12-08-08 04:04 AM
    Does this happen to NEW BB's users who haven't backedup/restored data from an older model blackberry?

Or just those who have had an older BB, and backed up data from it, then restored to the storm? (or used the "Switch device wizard")

i.e. when you do a backup/restore.. the "Profiles" settings are included. Could part of the problem be carrying over the "Profiles" db from an older model to the Storm? If NEW usres are experiencing this too, then its a BIG bug.
    12-08-08 07:08 AM
    I'm a new BB owner, and it's happening to me.
    12-08-08 07:15 AM
    I loaded my 9530 from scratch and am having the same problem... I too agree that this is probably the biggest problem I have w/Storm so far. That and the fact that you can't customize the default ringer settings like you could on the Pearl.
    12-10-08 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD