it is my understanding that verizon doesn't use sim cards. so i'm curious as to if this is possible
    12-19-08 06:11 PM
    Verizon does use SIM cards.
    12-19-08 06:15 PM
    I really wish people can be banned for not reading and immediately posting a thread to a question that is answered ON A STICKY IN THIS FORUM. And its called HowTo:Get All Features (Browser, MMS) Working on T-Mobile w/Unlocked Storm 95xx ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    12-19-08 06:16 PM
    I really wish people can be banned for not reading and immediately posting a thread to a question that is answered ON A STICKY IN THIS FORUM. And its called HowTo:Get All Features (Browser, MMS) Working on T-Mobile w/Unlocked Storm 95xx ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
    It Was a simple yes or no question. i didnt ask YOU personally so you didn't have to respond.
    12-19-08 06:31 PM
    I agree,use the search function first

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 06:37 PM

Once again, a simple yes or no would've sufficed.
    12-19-08 06:40 PM
    i can understand when its something that has to be searched for, cause searching can be crappy.

but when its one of the first 3 STICKY posts in the forum, and a huge annoying one to boot, it gets ridiculous.
    12-19-08 06:43 PM
    As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I just shook my head.

Don't they teach basic reading anymore?
    12-19-08 06:45 PM
    it must be that time of the month for all storm users. i assure you unless i get one of these buggy slow phones i wont post anything else here.
    12-19-08 06:48 PM
    it must be that time of the month for all storm users. i assure you unless i get one of these buggy slow phones i wont post anything else here.
    Enroll in some night classes and learn to read. The frickin' sticky is the first thing you see when coming in here.

Dumb dumb.
    12-19-08 06:50 PM
    Mine isn't buggy or slow, sorry. But yes it can be used on T-Mobile or AT&T. Check out the sticky at the top of the page.
    12-19-08 06:52 PM
    Mine isn't buggy or slow, sorry. But yes it can be used on T-Mobile or AT&T. Check out the sticky at the top of the page.
    thank you for not taking an ignorant approach. the only reason i asked is because i know someone with verizon and they told me verizon doesnt use sim cards so i was curious as to if the "VERIZON" storm was different to the one that can be unlocked. thanks again
    12-19-08 06:59 PM

To the OP: YES.

and I don't think searching is AS big of a problem as asking about something that's got over 100 replies and is sticked (post number 1, 2, 3, or 4 of the forum) I mean....I understand not wanting to go through every thread that's on the first, second or third pages or every thread that SOUNDS like it could be an answer.....but simply not looking is a diff story.
    12-19-08 07:29 PM
    Answer... Yes.

@OP - I don't understand your attitude here. Someone says, "Hey dude, you do realize it is a sticky... simply reading before you post or searching would do the trick" and so do the next 3 people, and all you have to say is "That's not what I asked." Seriously? While they could have given you the answer, you could have said, "Oh, sorry, didn't see that there. Thanks!". The time it took you to get an answer... you could have read the entire stickied thread 3 times over.

And... "it must be that time of the month for all storm users. i assure you unless i get one of these buggy slow phones i wont post anything else here."

We really don't care whether you post or not... most would probably prefer you didn't... one less post every time you need something instead of searching.
    12-19-08 07:38 PM
    thank you for not taking an ignorant approach. the only reason i asked is because i know someone with verizon and they told me verizon doesnt use sim cards so i was curious as to if the "VERIZON" storm was different to the one that can be unlocked. thanks again
    I understand. When you think of Verizon, you don't think SIM card. The 8830 has a SIM card. But the Storm is a true hybrid device with CDMA and quadband GSM plus HSPA. Anyways, yes if you get a 9530(Verizon, Telus, Bell) you will have to get the unlock code from the carrier. If you get a 9500(Vodafone) you can use a unlocking company. Or you can get one from Vodafone Germany and they come unlocked. For unlocking I suggest HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center �

When you get it and are ready to get things going check out this thread--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...m-95xx-106023/
    12-19-08 07:59 PM
    Answer... Yes.

@OP - I don't understand your attitude here. Someone says, "Hey dude, you do realize it is a sticky... simply reading before you post or searching would do the trick" and so do the next 3 people, and all you have to say is "That's not what I asked." Seriously? While they could have given you the answer, you could have said, "Oh, sorry, didn't see that there. Thanks!". The time it took you to get an answer... you could have read the entire stickied thread 3 times over.

And... "it must be that time of the month for all storm users. i assure you unless i get one of these buggy slow phones i wont post anything else here."

We really don't care whether you post or not... most would probably prefer you didn't... one less post every time you need something instead of searching.
    Agreed. Someone points you to a sticky and you rudely respond. *shakes head* Really man? Calling the phone you obviously want to buy slow and buggy simply because they made you look stupid and you want to get a rise out of them? *shakes head*
    12-19-08 08:01 PM
    i too, once reading the topic of the page new what was going to be said in here. the lack of searching/reading is insane here more than ever. not just to the OP but to so many before him.

in terms of the OP's friend, while he/she is right to an extent, there are the world phones that do have SIM cards. the storm fits under this category.
    12-19-08 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD