06-02-09 08:42 PM
40 12
tools
    The Storm is the most amazing electronic item I have ever owned. Originally it had its quirks but most of those have been solved with the lastest OS. The screen clarity, sound quality and web browser far out perform my old Curve. I love it!
    06-01-09 01:41 PM
    I love my storm i used to have a Curve and i will agree, at times it was more reliable less freezes...but for the most part, i haven't had to many issues with the storm!
    06-01-09 01:44 PM
    it depends what you want/need. I had both and switched back to the Curve b/c I decided a keyboard is a must, I couldn't get use to the touch typing
    06-01-09 02:35 PM
    Stay with the curve. I just played with the new storm OS there isn't really a differece at all. Typing is still a chore withthe storm. The curve is far more stable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 06:58 PM
    I would stick with the curve. It's a good solid phone and is definitely less buggy than the storm. If you're in the market for a new blackberry pick up the tour, which should be out later this summer.
    06-01-09 07:08 PM
    the storm works fine now with the new software. if you need int'l travel you can't go wrong. the issues people experience around here are occasional hardware issues (all phones have 'em, can't avoid it) and issues with 3rd party apps sucking all the resources up. and to say the curve is way better...i have 3 friends right now who are dealing with curves that freeze during incoming/outgoing messages...and we've tried everything imaginable to resolve the issue. so to some they will have good experience, some won't. i say you buy it and try it for yourself, and if you don't like it...then you can return it. everone's viewpoint and expectations are different, and only you can make the decision.
    06-01-09 08:00 PM
    I would go for the curve.
    Dont find the storm interesting at all, and if you like touch.. you should go for the iPhone. Great webbrowsing.
    06-01-09 08:35 PM
    Blackberry storm has a long ways to go yet before its considered a good buy. I'd get the curve, but hold out if you can until the Blackberry Tour comes out next month.
    Remember, this is blackberrys first time at a touch screen phone, so its going to take a long while yet before its profected. Even with the new update that I have been running for over 2 weeks since it first leaked out is garbage compared to what the phone should be able to do, I'm very dissapointed in the storm but I understand its new yet so I'm giving it more time, but my next phone will never ever be the storm.
    06-01-09 09:14 PM
    the comment about the storm being garbage is misplaced. you're doing something wrong, or you have some crap loaded on your storm that needs to be removed.

my storm runs circles around the rest of my friends berries, including the curve. the only berry ATM that can even compete with me is the bold, and that's on a newer OS so i expect it to compete.
    06-01-09 09:32 PM
    ok everyone keeps saying wait for the tour, but verizon is stupid and not having any other blackberry anytime soon except the storm 2. in the mean time at&t seems to be getting like 4 diff ones. arg!

i do like my actual keyboard, but the trackball is extremely annoying. it seems to lose traction after a few weeks. i had to replace my curve's trackball after 3 months and a week after i got the new one, it doesn't seem to be as responsive as it was initially. is it normal to have to keep replacing trackballs every few weeks/months?
    06-02-09 08:51 AM
    I love my Storm. First Blackberry. Had Treo 700p. No comparrison.... Blackberry beats em all. My opinion of course.... and being on the truely best network is a giant PLUS.
    06-02-09 08:59 AM
    ok everyone keeps saying wait for the tour, but verizon is stupid and not having any other blackberry anytime soon except the storm 2. in the mean time at&t seems to be getting like 4 diff ones. arg!

i do like my actual keyboard, but the trackball is extremely annoying. it seems to lose traction after a few weeks. i had to replace my curve's trackball after 3 months and a week after i got the new one, it doesn't seem to be as responsive as it was initially. is it normal to have to keep replacing trackballs every few weeks/months?
    the tour will be out before the storm 2 by a long shot. so these suggestions are the best ones as far as to "wait for ______"
    06-02-09 12:22 PM
    I currently have the Storm and I LOVE it.
    To be honest though, the best phones made by Blackberry (in my opinion) is the Curve.

I love touch screens so I went w/ the Storm and it's worth every dime I paid.
    06-02-09 01:35 PM
    I love the trackball on the curve but from heavy use it always wears out never have to worry about it on the storm, yeah sure people say they hate the storm b/c of bugs and glitches etc. but i've never had those problems
    06-02-09 08:07 PM
    i just cleaned my old curve's trackball today...fairly easy...BUT...while doing so i got to mess with it again...sent some "test" messages, etc...i could never go back to that thing. i loaded the new telus OS on it b/c it was lagging on the VZW supported OS, my brother is using it and was complaining. we'll see how he feels now.

my point is that the curve suffers from a lot of the same issues we do, even have to load leaked OS to resolve some issues. and it's quite old. ah well, i have my storm. to each their own.
    06-02-09 08:42 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD