hi. i have had the curve for probably 3 months now. i really like it. one thing that bothers me about it is the trackball which breaks down so easily. been looking at getting a storm. i will be traveling overseas in aug and so one of the reasons i want to get a storm is so i can use it internationally (which i presume you can do from all the commercials). however, there seem to be a lot of things that annoy people with it, i.e. problems, bugs, etc. i've only played with the storm at the store and it seems fine. i would like to ask storm owners to give just their perspective on their device. if you were a previous curve owner, was it worth it? thanks.
    05-30-09 06:36 AM
    stay with the Curve until the Blackberry Tour comes out. The Storm is not all its cracked out to be. I went through 10 of these things and still having call quility problems now on my 10th.
    05-30-09 07:41 AM
    I have a BB Storm, and the Curve is more reliable. This thing is a pita!!!!
    05-30-09 08:12 AM
    I've had very good luck with my storm. I had a curve before that and I've kept it for a back up. If I had to choose, I'd use my storm over my curve any day. I do not use it for business though. I think it all depends on what you need it for. You can find many opinions in either direction on here. I wanted to make sure it was worth it before I made the switch also and it was definitely worth it to me.
    05-30-09 08:13 AM
    My storm is fine. I must be one of the lucky ones because I've had hardly any problems wth mine. Few random resets here and there but nothing major.

I love my storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 08:14 AM
    sorry dont know how to post links yet
    05-30-09 08:23 AM
    sorry dont know how to post links yet
    49 Reasons Why You’ll Love the Blackberry Storm

Thanks for the Link..
    05-30-09 08:27 AM
    05-30-09 08:28 AM
    thanks mmanuel552
    05-30-09 08:29 AM
    I personally think the storm i fn awesome. it lags a bit, but thats no biggie for me. I can't tell you whether or not to get one. What's no big deal to me, might annoy the crap out of you.
    05-30-09 09:04 AM
    ah thanks. well curve lags too. i'm an impatient person so when it starts doing something that lasts longer that in should i just pull out the battery. >_<

hmm it seems that even current users are not all sold on the storm.

thanks for that link by the way, i will read it now.
    05-30-09 08:17 PM
    i have both storm and a 8900. both a fantastic but I believe I like my 8900 a touch more. Its a little snapier and has tons more app memory. I averaged around high 30's low 40's with app mem on my storm and on my 8900 I have 2 to 3 times the amount of apps loaded and still average around 137mb of app mem.

yes the screen isnt as large but both has excellent resolution both have fantastic camera's and the 8900 has wifi and gps...

my 2 cents..
    05-30-09 08:28 PM
    i prefer the storm over the curve. My girlfriend has the curve and if I have to use it it feels small and cheap compared to the storm. I prefer the touch screen as well. She cant stand touch screen devices. It really depends on which you prefer. I will admit that her curve does seem to be more user friendly especially if you are not that tech savy.
    05-30-09 10:01 PM
    I had a Curve 8330 for about 7 months before I switched to a Storm in December. I wasn't sure about it when I got it and was tempted to bring it back within the 30 days and get another Curve. Now I think I am glad I didn't. I like the phone and if you like tinkering with OSes then this is definitely the phone for you. The touch screen is a bit of a novelty and can sometimes be an annoyance, but it isn't that major. The display is pretty sweet. All in all I like mine, but I will be switching to a Tour or someother device when I am availible for an update. I would recommend getting the Storm and trying it, you have 30 days to figure out if it is what you thought it would be and if you want to keep it. If you decide it isn't then you can always return it and get a new 8330. Hope this helps...
    05-30-09 11:40 PM
    well if i would get a storm it would be on ebay. looking to spend no more than $300.

i just wish verizon had more blackberries. at&t seem to get them quite frequently. now they're getting 3-4 more? sigh. i want more blackberries for verizon. i would have gotten a bold, had my heart set on it, but then i decided to stick with verizon.
    05-31-09 07:47 AM
    hi. i have had the curve for probably 3 months now. i really like it. one thing that bothers me about it is the trackball which breaks down so easily. been looking at getting a storm. i will be traveling overseas in aug and so one of the reasons i want to get a storm is so i can use it internationally (which i presume you can do from all the commercials). however, there seem to be a lot of things that annoy people with it, i.e. problems, bugs, etc. i've only played with the storm at the store and it seems fine. i would like to ask storm owners to give just their perspective on their device. if you were a previous curve owner, was it worth it? thanks.
    USED MY STORM IN SPAIN 2 WEEKS AGO ....NO PROBLEMS CONNECTING WITH THE STATES(001) OR WITH SPAIN(0034)...USED IT FREQUENTLY WITH TRAVELING COMPANIONS...SORT OF AN EXPENSIVE WALKIE TALKIE...BROWSER WORKED WELL ...HAD THE USUAL STORM "STICKY" ISSUES ...JBARIE
    05-31-09 07:58 AM
    Ill sell you my verizon storm for $300... Its about 2 months old. Still like new and I have all boxes/books. If you're interested, "[email protected]"...

05-31-09 08:30 AM
    USED MY STORM IN SPAIN 2 WEEKS AGO ....NO PROBLEMS CONNECTING WITH THE STATES(001) OR WITH SPAIN(0034)...USED IT FREQUENTLY WITH TRAVELING COMPANIONS...SORT OF AN EXPENSIVE WALKIE TALKIE...BROWSER WORKED WELL ...HAD THE USUAL STORM "STICKY" ISSUES ...JBARIE
    what are these... "sticky" issues? O.O

were you charged additional fees for using your storm abroad?
    05-31-09 11:06 AM
    Had the first gen Curve before I got a Storm. The Storm was fun for awhile. It has it's ups and downs, but I really missed my Curve. I guess I just like buttons more than the touch clicky screen. Just sold the Storm and replaced it with a 8900. I'm much happier.
    06-01-09 10:20 AM
    No major problems with my Storm. It's also though my first BlackBerry so I don't have another frame of reference. The things I don't like is the constant wiping I'm doing to clean the finger smears from the screen <G> and I had a problem with the restarts but so far <fingers crosses> since I've downloaded the new OS that just came out yesterday I've not had a single restart...
    06-01-09 10:39 AM
    The storm kicks ****. I love my storm. I have not had any major problems. The storm is easy to use.

06-01-09 10:45 AM
    Had the first gen Curve before I got a Storm. The Storm was fun for awhile. It has it's ups and downs, but I really missed my Curve. I guess I just like buttons more than the touch clicky screen. Just sold the Storm and replaced it with a 8900. I'm much happier.
    What carrier are you on?

06-01-09 11:03 AM
    What carrier are you on?

Had T-Mobile for several years, then to VZW last year with the Storm but kept T-Mo open. Ended up cancelling VZW and am now with T-Mo again.
    06-01-09 11:08 AM
    trackballs and physical keyboards coupled with a dry BB os are not for me.

I enjoy the storm's screen and more lively looking OS
    06-01-09 11:16 AM
    trackballs and physical keyboards coupled with a dry BB os are not for me.

I enjoy the storm's screen and more lively looking OS
    The newer OS is not "dry". You must never have even seen a Bold's or 8900...
    06-01-09 12:55 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD