I have a BB Curve 8330. I got an upgrade notice yesterday and was thinking about the BB Storm.

I just wanted to hear some opinions from people who switched to the Storm from the Curve. Whether it was a good or bad move.

Thanks for the help!
    Z
    05-21-09 10:12 PM
    This is going to get a mixed review, your gonna get the lovers and the haters.

Personally, i think your best bet is if your curious, try it out for yourself.

You can always return it if you dont like it, and if you like it great, keep it.

Dont let what others say sway your decision.
    05-21-09 10:13 PM
    I agree with Dream...only you can make the determination if you want it or not. You get 30 days to evaluate it...if you like it keep it, if you dont, then go back to your Curve. =)
    05-21-09 10:16 PM
    Don't. Just wait for the Tour.
    05-21-09 10:39 PM
    Don't wait. Go play with it in the store. If you like it, get it. If you think the purchase was a mistake after a couple of weeks, return it. You've got 30 days. Waiting for any new piece of electronics is ********. It doesn't matter what you buy or when you buy it, there will be something newer and more advanced shortly thereafter. They call that technology. Enjoy what the world has to offer today.

Grey
    05-21-09 11:02 PM
    i went from a Samsung i760 to a Curve, then i decided to go with the Storm. I haven't looked back since. BB FTMFW!
    05-21-09 11:26 PM
    I bet you got that notice because Verizon is trying to clear their Storm inventory in anticipation of the revised version.
    05-21-09 11:34 PM
    I just made the move from the Curve to the Storm yesterday in fact. It is taking a little bit of some getting use to. I upgraded the OS to .148 and downloaded the slider and iBerry Blocks slide as well. The phone looks great but I will tell you if you use the phone for for business youre going to have to be a little bit patient. The software is no where near responsive like on the Curve. That is the biggest difference I have noticed thus far. I'm a heavy texter and emailer and I knew that going in that was going to be the thing that I was going to have to get use to with the Storm. But after one day the phone is growing on me. Oh one last side note. The Storm is like a brick compared to the Curve. I went from a Treo 700P to the Curve to the Storm. The Storm definitely feels like my Treo did in my pocket. I agree with all the other posters the only way to know if you want it is to get it and play with it.
    05-22-09 02:07 AM
    My Storm is my first BB. However, my brother does have a Curve that I always end up playing with when I see him. The Storm is much better in my opinion as long as you upgrade to anything at .122 or higher. With stock software, the Storm is garbage. Once you upgrade and experience the speed that was intended for it, you will be pleased. The screen is amazing as well. The camera rivals some digital cameras out there (with the right OS) and the sound is pretty good, too.

The only thing that will take getting used to is the typing. Remember that if you upgrade, you get QWERTY in portrait.

Storm > Curve
    05-22-09 03:00 AM
    I went from the 8330 to the 9530 just like that. It was definitely a big change. Don't get me wrong, I love my Storm, but the keyboard was very different. Now that I go back to the Curve for a day or two, the keyboard is difficult and I can't get used to the little screen.

You should just play with one and see what you like. Just keep in mind that there is a "getting used to" period, so don't be so harsh in judging against the Storm. The Verizon OS is SLOW, the keyboard is REALLY different, and it just has a generally different feel all together...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 07:27 AM
    I'd wait for the Tour to come out.
    05-22-09 08:46 AM
    Like stillborn86, I went from the 8830 to the 9530. I love it! I'm running the .148 OS so that helps. I'll be honest and say that there are moments (usually during a lengthy email) that I wish teh keyboard was like the 8830 or my wife's 8330, but then I remember how cool the storm really is, and I go practice on the keyboard some more.
    Good Luck with your decision!
    05-22-09 08:52 AM
    To the OP good luck. Some people love the storm and some people love to hate it. I came from the curve as well. And still have my curvy as my back-up, I charged her up every other weekend just to make sure the batter does not die.

Funny thing though, yesterday I was doing a memory wipe for my boss's curve (she giving it to her son) and I keep pressing on the screen.

05-22-09 10:16 AM
    Try it. Then see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD