I'd like to reuse some other micro-usb and mini-usb (with micro adapter) chargers that I have.

The OEM BB micro-usb charger is 5V @ 700mA.

Does anyone know the range of safe current that can feed the Storm? Would a 5V/850mA charger be ok too?

Thanks!
    11-23-08 09:59 PM
    If the Storm shows the charging icon when you plug the charger in, you should be fine. The Storm will only draw the current it needs, so a slightly higher-rated power supply should be no problem. You should ask yourself, though, if the minimal risk is worth it. You're risking a $200 phone to save maybe $20 on a charger.
    11-23-08 11:02 PM
    I looked up the USB spec, and a USB port is rated at 5v/500mA, so I'm guessing it's safe to go lower.

Thanks for the info JeffH; you're right, no need in risking the Storm over a $20 charger.
    11-23-08 11:24 PM
    i'm still waiting on my storm but will i be able to use the wall and car chargers from my pearl? they were oem for what it's worth.

any help would be greatly appreciated!
    11-24-08 12:57 AM
    fyi, the charger for the pearl will not fit in the storm
    11-24-08 01:39 AM
    ah fudge thanks for letting me know!
    11-24-08 02:34 AM
    fyi, the charger for the pearl will not fit in the storm
    The op is talking about using the mini to micro adapter with his current mini usb chargers! I bought 2 of these adapters from amazon for 9 bucks shipped........................
    11-24-08 07:06 AM
    The op is talking about using the mini to micro adapter with his current mini usb chargers! I bought 2 of these adapters from amazon for 9 bucks shipped........................
    i was answering jpg's question
    11-24-08 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD