I can tell you right now it's a 5.0.X.XXX build. Might change later.
    The first builds on the Storm 2 were 4.7.0 There are currently 5.0 builds being cooked up, but the unit that engadget had did NOT have OS 5 on it.
    05-30-09 12:17 PM
    The first builds on the Storm 2 were 4.7.0 There are currently 5.0 builds being cooked up, but the unit that engadget had did NOT have OS 5 on it.
    I know, I know of Storm 2s with 4.7, they don't work. But 5.0 builds do.
    05-30-09 02:29 PM
    I know, I know of Storm 2s with 4.7, they don't work. But 5.0 builds do.
    They work just fine
    05-30-09 03:18 PM
    They work just fine
    Hmm, must not be the right 4.7 then.
    05-30-09 03:40 PM
    Hmm, must not be the right 4.7 then.
    Supposedly, the S2 does have the clicking capabilities. The one they had seems to either be faulty (sabotaged or not) or an early model.
    05-30-09 08:21 PM
    Supposedly, the S2 does have the clicking capabilities. The one they had seems to either be faulty (sabotaged or not) or an early model.
    Not according to civic , that was a full blow production model lol
    05-30-09 08:41 PM
    Not according to civic , that was a full blow production model lol
    I can correct you, in that it was NOT a production model.
    05-30-09 09:43 PM
    Isn't it a pre-pro?
    05-30-09 09:47 PM
    I can correct you, in that it was NOT a production model.
    Yeah you can sorta tell by the area where the "Property of RIM" sticker was at.
    05-30-09 09:47 PM
    Isn't it a pre-pro?
    I think he means like a full production device. But I could be mistaken.
    05-30-09 09:49 PM
    Yeah you can sorta tell by the area where the "Property of RIM" sticker was at.
    That sticker has nothing to do with what phase the hardware is in. I have plenty of units that have that sticker, and they were final hardware. I also had some that were NOT final hardware.

Just so that helps ya
    05-30-09 09:53 PM
    That sticker has nothing to do with what phase the hardware is in. I have plenty of units that have that sticker, and they were final hardware. I also had some that were NOT final hardware.

Just so that helps ya
    Ahh, good point. I guess it could be final hardware, but just a test device. That should still have the sticker.
    05-30-09 09:55 PM
    Ahh, good point. I guess it could be final hardware, but just a test device. That should still have the sticker.
    Put it this way, if that sticker is on the back, its not branded, and its not "for sale" yet.
    05-30-09 09:56 PM
    This is something we've never thought of. It might of been a showcase model. A model to show the carriers and people of interest. I guess in order to protect the "secrets" of the device, it was built without the clicking mechanism intact or at least working. Am I correct all mighty being of all things BB?
    05-30-09 09:57 PM
    Put it this way, if that sticker is on the back, its not branded, and its not "for sale" yet.
    Well not "for sale" legally at least.
    05-30-09 10:00 PM
    This is something we've never thought of. It might of been a showcase model. A model to show the carriers and people of interest. I guess in order to protect the "secrets" of the device, it was built without the clicking mechanism intact or at least working. Am I correct all mighty being of all things BB?
    Yeah it was more than likely a test device, for either a carrier, or tester at RIM. Then got sold to Engadget.

If it was for a carrier or tester, they would have made sure if it had that in there, it worked. Or they just loaded an OS that wasn't right for that device on there.
    05-30-09 10:02 PM
    Yeah it was more than likely a test device, for either a carrier, or tester at RIM. Then got sold to Engadget.

If it was for a carrier or tester, they would have made sure if it had that in there, it worked. Or they just loaded an OS that wasn't right for that device on there.
    I think it was meant to show shape, size, feel, and weight. It probably was meant as This is how it will be once done (kinda)" device. I know it's far fetched, but I don't really know, of course.. Going around guessing is all we can do.
    05-30-09 10:16 PM
    I think it was meant to show shape, size, feel, and weight. It probably was meant as This is how it will be once done (kinda)" device. I know it's far fetched, but I don't really know, of course.. Going around guessing is all we can do.
    Probably a little more than that.
    05-30-09 10:21 PM
    im pretty sure someone will get their hands on one sometime soon..... just have to wait til it happens
    05-30-09 10:26 PM
    This is something we've never thought of. It might of been a showcase model. A model to show the carriers and people of interest.
    This I agree with. Like a dummy model...

I guess in order to protect the "secrets" of the device, it was built without the clicking mechanism intact or at least working. Am I correct all mighty being of all things BB?
    This not so much.
    05-30-09 10:28 PM
    im pretty sure someone will get their hands on one sometime soon..... just have to wait til it happens
    There are already some out there. Just smarter not to advertise it
    05-30-09 10:31 PM
    There are already some out there. Just smarter not to advertise it
    Oh I agree that there is, but nobody is perfect and there are odds it could slip up. I will sure enjoy it if that happens But in the mean time, ill just sit here until I get an Odin
    05-30-09 10:34 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD