View Poll Results: If refused a phone, what would you do?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Have them order it next day and pay the $20 overnight

10 16.95%
  • Have them order it next day only if they pay for shipping

16 27.12%
  • Have them order it next day but only if they pay for shipping and offer $50 credit or accessories

4 6.78%
  • Say bye bye and go to AT&T and the BOLD/iPHONE or other

24 40.68%
  • Tuck your tail between your legs b/c you could never leave "the network"

5 8.47%
    I have 2 eligible NE2 lines, one contract is over the other will be so shortly. If I am refused a phone in store and they are available, I may very well tell them to cancel my account unless I get HUGE perks. Anyone else?

To be clear, here is the scenario:

You walk into a VZW corp store, they have phones in stock. You want to buy one (NE2, 2 year upgrade, 1 year upgrade, retail, whatever) and you are a current and loyal customer. The Rep/Manager tells you "sorry, the phones in stock are only for new customers, we can order it for you if you like. $20 for tomorrow delivery or $9 for Monday."

What would you do?
    Last edited by phillypharm; 11-20-08 at 04:51 PM.
    11-20-08 04:41 PM
    Worst bluff ever.
    11-20-08 04:42 PM
    Ever hear that old saying. . . The customer is always right?

What about VZW's - - We never stop working for you!

I've told CS to cancel and they've given me some advantages.. Try it. Or ask for a manager and they'll never refuse.
    11-20-08 04:43 PM
    Yes, my contract has been up since September. I WAS already to switch when I first heard of the Storm. Honestly, I had an iPhone in hand ready to go. I am supposed to get my Storm via Fed Ex Saturday. If I don't get it then or it comes in and I am unpleased, my next stop will be the ATT store for an iPhone or a Bold, but I am hoping everything works out. I really have been happy with VZW so far and would hate to switch.
    11-20-08 04:44 PM
    well, at&t is right next door and the storm is the only thing keeping me on verizon, so i just might switch if refused.
    11-20-08 04:44 PM
    wow! I think that would be a good bluff as well. But I can understand the headache!
    11-20-08 04:45 PM
    Worst bluff ever.
    not really, i threaten to cancel (with the full intention of doing so) and they always cave in
    11-20-08 04:46 PM
    Yes, my contract has been up since September. I WAS already to switch when I first heard of the Storm. Honestly, I had an iPhone in hand ready to go. I am supposed to get my Storm via Fed Ex Saturday. If I don't get it then or it comes in and I am unpleased, my next stop will be the ATT store for an iPhone or a Bold, but I am hoping everything works out. I really have been happy with VZW so far and would hate to switch.
    I'm not trying to pick on you, but if you've been happy with VZW then why would you switch because you didn't like the Storm? I've been with Nextel, AT&T, and VZW and the service/coverage from VZW has been so good that I can't picture switching just because of a device... besides, my 8830 works just fine.
    11-20-08 04:46 PM
    11-20-08 04:48 PM
    Yeah. Go wait in line tomorrow morning for a phone you are dying to have and then when they tell you to wait a day, just pull the plug. Because 2 years of a Stormless existence on a crappy network is worth it in exchange for waiting one day for a Storm. It quite literally is the worst bluff ever.
    11-20-08 04:56 PM
    If this is verizon's best and only real attempt to beat the iphone then I say if I can't get my phone and I can't get it at a real price per month I'm gettin a bold or the god phone.
    11-20-08 05:35 PM
    Verizon's network is the best...and I would hate to leave it...but if thats gonna be the way they would treat their customers...and I don't mean sold out but refusal to sell because I am not a new customer...i better get some crazy perks to stay...I'd also be writing to my local BBB
    11-20-08 05:42 PM
    I would use the experience of what the sales rep said to complain to CS to get free perks (empahsis on the fact that you are a loyal, long time customer and you have never felt so offended or treated so poorly).

Or if you are contemplating switching networks, do the above to get them to give you some type of credit or something, then leave them.
    11-20-08 05:46 PM
    Yeah. Go wait in line tomorrow morning for a phone you are dying to have and then when they tell you to wait a day, just pull the plug. Because 2 years of a Stormless existence on a crappy network is worth it in exchange for waiting one day for a Storm. It quite literally is the worst bluff ever.
    um.. do u know what a bluff is?

to mislead someone by presenting a bold, strong, or self-confident front

this is used if u don't have a strong argument or u don't plan on following thru

i fully intend on leaving VZW if i'm refused a phone on launch day AND they have them available in store. if i were bluffing, i would threaten to leave and NOT do so, but since i plan on leaving if needed, then it's NOT a bluff..

just b/c u may not leave, doesn't mean other won't
    i must back track...i prob would not leave...but I would certainly raise **** and create a **** of a scene to ward off those new customers lol
    Storm = Biggest Blackberry Fail. Ever. Too bad, I'm sticking with my QWERTY.
    11-20-08 05:48 PM
    This poll is missing an obvious route that a lot of people would take =P. Obtaining perks and punishing Verizon.
    i must back track...i prob would not leave...but I would certainly raise **** and create a **** of a scene to ward off those new customers lol
    lol i'd love to be there for that, i'd be the guy in the background going "yeah man! h*ll yeah! that ain't right, that ain't right! u tell'em!"
    I would make a big deal and become all dramatic in front of everybody. And yell " Verizon screwed me and it will screw you".
    11-20-08 05:52 PM
    Print driving directions from the Verizon store to the local AT&T stores and start handing them out.
    11-20-08 05:54 PM
    lol i'd love to be there for that, i'd be the guy in the background going "yeah man! h*ll yeah! that ain't right, that ain't right! u tell'em!"
    haha all I wanna know is....who's coming with me?? Who's coming with me mannn
    11-20-08 05:55 PM
    um.. do u know what a bluff is?

to mislead someone by presenting a bold, strong, or self-confident front

this is used if u don't have a strong argument or u don't plan on following thru

i fully intend on leaving VZW if i'm refused a phone on launch day AND they have them available in store. if i were bluffing, i would threaten to leave and NOT do so, but since i plan on leaving if needed, then it's NOT a bluff..

just b/c u may not leave, doesn't mean other won't
    So its about the phone first and network 2nd? Let me tell you as someone who left a very good network to chase an iPhone that dropped "More Calls Than Any Other Network" that you are in most probability an emotional mistake.
    11-20-08 05:55 PM
    So its about the phone first and network 2nd? Let me tell you as someone who left a very good network to chase an iPhone that dropped "More Calls Than Any Other Network" that you are in most probability an emotional mistake.
    I'm guessing you do not negotiate much with carriers? You lose nothing by bluffing that you are going to leave a carrier... ****, that is how you get 90% of things done on Sprint, is by having them think you will cancel so you get transferred to a CSR who can actually do something other than read off a card.
    11-20-08 05:58 PM
    hey, it's how I got my early upgrade, I wasn't due until July of 09, said I was interested in the Iphone and that ATT in my area has gotten better...3 minutes later I had an early upgrade available. These major corporations nickle and dime us for everything, anytime I can stick it to them...even in the most minute of ways, way not?
    11-20-08 06:00 PM
    network is all relative to where u leave and travel to. everywhere i go verizon AND AT&T get good reception both voice and data. 3G and evdo in these areas are equivalent. it's not like i'd blindly leap to another network, i know plenty of people on AT&T that have the iphone, dumbphone, smartphones, and BB and they all have great signal and few or no dropped calls.

Phone is NOT 1st, but NETWORK IS 2ND. phone is 3rd and CUSTOMER SERVICE IS FIRST.
    11-20-08 06:01 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD