if i go to security and then firewall and block my pins and mms will crunchsms receive them or only sms i know its called crunch sms and recieves sms txt but i was just wondering if it could do more
    02-10-10 04:08 PM
    to my knowledge just sms
    02-10-10 08:59 PM
    I downloaded this app the other day on my storm 1 on verizon. It allows me to go over 160 and there is a section under your profiles that allows you to assign a sound profile to it. So the two zain arguments were can't to beyond 160 but in fact you can. I just did it and you can be alterted when you get a text.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 11:46 PM
    I downloaded this app the other day on my storm 1 on verizon. It allows me to go over 160 and there is a section under your profiles that allows you to assign a sound profile to it. So the two zain arguments were can't to beyond 160 but in fact you can. I just did it and you can be alterted when you get a text.

can anyone confirm this? the trial I had downloaded did not extend texts beyond 160....
    02-15-10 07:56 AM
    does anyone experience lag when typing in a long winded conversation that dates back to almost new years ? mine would be laggy and jam up, i'd save as draft and continue to send later on.
    02-17-10 08:18 PM
    If you go to Options-Profiles, there will be a crunchsms option to set a notification.
    03-14-10 07:47 PM
    Will either of these apps allow me to still use contact profiles so I can use a different SMS tone for my girlfriend than for my boss, for example?

I'm trying to find the perfect blend... I don't like having my sms show up in my main messages folder, so I have them only go to the sms/mms folder.

You can't access the sms/mms folder from QL, so I looked into cruch or empower (plus I do like the bubble look, but being able to access it from QL is he important part for me)

Last, I love having different text tones for about 6 different important people....

So... if theres any way to incorporate all of these... that would be killer.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Landocommando12; 03-14-10 at 08:26 PM.
    03-14-10 08:14 PM
    is it safe to "Allow all permissions" for this app????????
    03-16-10 09:17 AM
    this is a pretty sweet app! i cant seem to download the newest version but 1.20 works great so far!
    03-16-10 11:58 AM
    Is there an ota download link? App world does not have the newest version yet.
    03-16-10 01:09 PM
    their new version 1.25 is great. im using it now but havent turned the firewall on yet. still checking to see whats good about it and all its features.

heres the direct link.

http://assets3.delicioussms.com/down...jad?1269323818
    03-23-10 06:32 PM
    I was told on another forum that crunch use data to send txts, is this true? I have only 1200 txt but plenty of data so if it is then Im downloading it.
    03-25-10 02:56 PM
    I was told on another forum that crunch use data to send txts, is this true? I have only 1200 txt but plenty of data so if it is then Im downloading it.
    downloaded 2.0. So far it is working great. I have to say I like this app. It is the first one that I downloaded that feels like it part of the original software. It integrates nicely and it works with my berry buzz. I imagine additional updates will only make it better.

edit: It doesn't work with Berry Buzz if you stop the native SMS via the firewall option. It let's you type over 160 characters which is nice.
    Last edited by bb-bandit; 03-25-10 at 04:00 PM.
    03-25-10 03:49 PM
    no thats incorrect. if crunchsms used data, it would not recieve sms after firewalling it in security options. this program is simply a replacement for default using same methods of sending/recieving.

edit: It doesn't work with Berry Buzz if you stop the native SMS via the firewall option. It let's you type over 160 characters which is nice
    yea this is true. however if you dont use red in berrybuzz it kinda works being that crunchsms comes up default red. im suprised to say it works with berrypopup tho. happy about that
    03-25-10 04:13 PM
    Whenever I get a Voice Mail, I get a 'crunch SMS' message from the person who left the message - this is correct.

However, after I retrieve the VM, I get another 'crunch SMS' message from 'Me' (my name).

Basically 2 crunch msgs from 1 voice mail call
    03-25-10 04:18 PM
    no thats incorrect. if crunchsms used data, it would not recieve sms after firewalling it in security options. this program is simply a replacement for default using same methods of sending/recieving.

yea this is true. however if you dont use red in berrybuzz it kinda works being that crunchsms comes up default red. im suprised to say it works with berrypopup tho. happy about that
    but it only blinks red once for me. It must be some conflict with berry buzz. I wish there was a way to trick it to work with berry buzz. hmmm. it's a pretty cool app though. they're definitely on to something. it still needs a little work.
    03-25-10 04:31 PM
    Whenever I get a Voice Mail, I get a 'crunch SMS' message from the person who left the message - this is correct.

However, after I retrieve the VM, I get another 'crunch SMS' message from 'Me' (my name).

Basically 2 crunch msgs from 1 voice mail call
    Yeah that is annoying. Also, they should remove the red star from the application icon. It always looks like you have an unread message.
    03-25-10 04:36 PM
    i think it's a great application, however i don't understand how my settings don't always stay in place on the bb!! gets annoying how once in awhile my alerts are back on silent or something. it's strange.
    03-26-10 11:08 PM
    not really a problem but is there anyway to change the green/grey color scheme? if not there should be
    03-29-10 01:27 PM
    not really a problem but is there anyway to change the green/grey color scheme? if not there should be
    nevermind...figued it out!
    03-29-10 01:33 PM
    I've been communicating with the crunch guys because of few things I am trying to work out:

1) so far doesn't work with berrybuzz.

2) If I have Crunch on my homescreen, then there is red star constantly on the icon indicating I have unread mail. Crunch believes this to be a problem with the BB OS.

3) Receiving two texts for every voice mail.
    03-29-10 02:25 PM
    hmm....might check this out
    03-29-10 10:24 PM
    It is awesome, thanks for the heads up on the App.

03-29-10 10:38 PM
    Hey everyone... I love this app and have sent it to a bunch of friends who are also in love with it! I am having issues with voice messages. Every time I get a voice message I have a crunch message with a bunch of numbers. It is a bunch of numbers and symbols. Does anyone know what is going and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!
    03-31-10 04:50 PM
    Hey everyone... I love this app and have sent it to a bunch of friends who are also in love with it! I am having issues with voice messages. Every time I get a voice message I have a crunch message with a bunch of numbers. It is a bunch of numbers and symbols. Does anyone know what is going and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!
    I have not seen this, but I do get 2 crunch msgs for each voice mail. Also, on occasion, I'll get a crunch msg from a random contact of mine, rather than the actual contact who left a voice mail message..
    03-31-10 05:08 PM
251 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD