Hey crucial is there going to be another update comming soon ?
    11-21-08 07:22 PM
    No. Never. Never ever.
    11-21-08 07:38 PM
    No. Never. Never ever.
    And that's WHY you are newbie.

Of course there will be updates. That is how software is designed. Even the design process includes sessions in improvements & break/fix. I have had 4 BB's in the past 4 years & ALL of them have had at least TWO updates issued in the lifecycle that I've had them.
    11-21-08 07:41 PM
    Wow Crack, is your sarcasm detector broken there? ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 07:43 PM
    Rumors are that it MIGHT be in the next few days, but you never know until it drops !

Obviously you wanted CX to reply, but that's my 2p worth !
    11-21-08 07:45 PM
    no **** there is going to be updates but crucial has normally given us a pretty decent time frame ... so that what i was asking .
    Hey crucial is there going to be another update comming soon ?
    Look for beta updates. There will only be a couple "official" updates, but lots of unreleased updates. Often times, the Bold would find 2 a week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    And that's WHY you are newbie.
    *whoosh*
    ----> joke

O
    -|- you
    / \
    11-21-08 07:48 PM
    lol ^^^^ hahah funny
    11-21-08 07:50 PM
    Installing 4.7.0.82 on my unit from the VZW website as we speak!
    11-21-08 07:51 PM
    Installing 4.7.0.82 on my unit from the VZW website as we speak!
    Bull ****!
    11-21-08 07:52 PM
    I can assure you NOTHING went over my head at all luv. But I mean seriously why waste someone's time when you absolutely have nothing but dead brain to contribute? The least he could have done after the "joke" was answer the OP's question dayum!
    11-21-08 07:53 PM
    no .. hes not .. unless his shiped with .61 ... because the one on verizon is old..
    11-21-08 07:53 PM
    UPDATE - Yep, its old... sorry guys

BlackBerry® Software Updates

Posted 11/21/08

Package Version: 4.7.0.92
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.7.0.65
    Software Platform: 4.0.0.82
    File name: 9530AMEA_PBr4_1.7.0_rel92_PL4.0.0.82_A4.7.0.65_Ver izon_Wireless.ex e

File size: 104 MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Here: BlackBerry® Software Updates
    NOTE: At that page, you will be given the choice for the web-based upgrade or to download the OS for a manual install via Desktop Manager/App Loader.

Instructions for installing either version on ANY carrier's 9530:

1. Make sure you have Desktop Manager 4.2 SP2 or higher installed. Get it here: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...05D7C424EBAE5F
    2. Download the above file to the PC then install it to the PC by running the file you downloaded.
    3. Locate the vendor.xml file and delete it. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    4. Plug in BB and Open Desktop Manager. You should be prompted to upgrade.
    The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the DM says "waiting for initialization."
    If you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to DM again and run application loader again and it should load the OS to the device.
    Last edited by cybrwulf; 11-21-08 at 07:57 PM.
    11-21-08 07:54 PM
    hey sooks, how do you like it?
    11-21-08 07:56 PM
    crap

Your right

False alarm!!!!
    11-21-08 07:57 PM
    I can assure you NOTHING went over my head at all luv. But I mean seriously why waste someone's time when you absolutely have nothing but dead brain to contribute? The least he could have done after the "joke" was answer the OP's question dayum!
    Alright, alright, I'll give you that!

To the OP, as numerous people stated here: there's nothing definite, but all signs point to VZW providing updates to address various problems and fix potential security holes.
    11-21-08 07:59 PM
    Ok heres what happened. The powers that be have been hard at work building the new OS's. The Storm on Verizon was going to ship with a higher OS than .65. But the Verizon engineers frakd up and missed a couple of things, one being a security flaw, and it was back to the drawing boards. There wasn't enough time to implement the changes into the new code, so it had to ship with .65. To answer your question, yes theres a update coming, and it should be out fairly soon.
    11-21-08 08:00 PM
    sup man .. honestly i ****ing love it so far... at first was like.. ugghh ? but after a full days use .. i love it ... wouldnt want anything else.... you should hit me up with ur pin so i can try it out lol
    11-21-08 08:00 PM
    I just got back from a Verizon store and they had 2 display models in the store. Bother were running:

Applications: 4.7.0.65
    Software Platform: 4.0.0.76

They were both incredibly buggy. I told one of the guys at the store that they are nuts for not updating them to something more current since I know there is a newer version. He said they just got them in 3 days ago. I pressed him on what version customers were going out the door with and he said "the latest version". Bull****!
    11-21-08 08:03 PM
    actually.. not bull **** .. we are out the door with the latest released version.
    11-21-08 08:05 PM
    Ok heres what happened. The powers that be have been hard at work building the new OS's. The Storm on Verizon was going to ship with a higher OS than .65. But the Verizon engineers frakd up and missed a couple of things, one being a security flaw, and it was back to the drawing boards. There wasn't enough time to implement the changes into the new code, so it had to ship with .65. To answer your question, yes theres a update coming, and it should be out fairly soon.
    perfect, thanks again crucial !
    11-21-08 08:06 PM
    To answer your question, yes theres a update coming, and it should be out fairly soon.
    Thanks CX. Always appreciate the info.
    11-21-08 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD