Crucial,

I like the phone a lot and have had it since launch day...but the scrolling is driving me nuts. Does RIM plan on implementing Kinetic scrolling and some other animations in an an effort to smoothe the OS over? I know we are still utilizing a software package that is still rough around the edges...but moving forward is there any chance of this?

I ask because I am not sure if we are seeing the basics of what this will be with minor tweaks or will there eventually be a smooth OS overhall?
    12-06-08 06:19 PM
    They planned on it being much for fluid, only time will tell. I still like my storm so I am excited to be apart of the revisions and changes.
    12-06-08 06:21 PM
    cru⋅cial
    –adjective
    1. involving an extremely important decision or result; decisive; critical: a crucial experiment.

Really? And with all the flaming they're getting over the OS and the general operation of the phone would it be good enough? Sorry for the flame...words such as crucial and critical when it comes to cell phones really bothers me.
    12-06-08 06:24 PM
    cru⋅cial
    �adjective
    1. involving an extremely important decision or result; decisive; critical: a crucial experiment.

Really? And with all the flaming they're getting over the OS and the general operation of the phone would it be good enough? Sorry for the flame...words such as crucial and critical when it comes to cell phones really bothers me.
    I think maybe he was asking Crucial to read and answer his post.
    12-06-08 06:28 PM
    I would also like to see the scrolling improved.

Going through long long lists is impossible. it takes a million swipes, i think the iphone method was cool whn i tried it, if i rememebr correctly.
    12-06-08 06:30 PM
    I think maybe he was asking Crucial to read and answer his post.
    Still...it qualifies?
    12-06-08 06:38 PM
    Still...it qualifies?
    lol you must be smashed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 06:41 PM
    Ya WTF are you talking about?? I was referring to a member...do us all a favor and actually read.

A lot of people are concerned with this subject...it is a complete pain to scroll through...there is virtually no momentum behind each scroll....it needs to be fixed. This would aid a great deal in smoothing the device out.
    12-06-08 06:52 PM
    I heard that a lot of the iPhone's "gesture" stuff was copywrited. I wonder if that's one of them?
    12-06-08 07:00 PM
    gesture's maybe....but kinetic scrolling and animations are not. If you have some animations that aren't just fading back to the main menu like we have now it at bare minimum gives the user the impression that it is running quicker than maybe it is.

I know Blackberries are utilitarian by nature....but this device was obviously meant to be much more. That needs to be factored in to the OS. I am not comparing it to an Iphone...I have never owned one...but let's face it...this was created as a competitive solution to the Iphone....This is supposed to be a mainstream device and right now it is falling short. That is why I would love for Crucial to clarify this. I love the concept, I love the form factor...but at some point the software needs to glisten and run like a Mercedes and quit being a Jeep.
    12-06-08 07:10 PM
    Anyone else having lock-ups now with the qwerty as well as accelerometer issues?
    12-07-08 06:07 AM
    Anyone else having lock-ups now with the qwerty as well as accelerometer issues?
    Far less problems with both since the update.
    12-07-08 06:48 AM
    I'm thinking that we are all just guinea pigs in RIM's eyes. They will listen to all of our whining and ******** (aka: feedback) about the new hardware, and implement the changes in the new and improved Storm, or whatever they decide to call it.

You know how some people won't buy a new model car during the first year of it's production, because "all the bugs haven't been worked out"? Well, we just drove a new 2008 RIM Storm off the lot.
    12-07-08 07:08 AM
    Still...it qualifies?
    I would agree with you 100% if I didn't believe he was talking to Crucial. That's the guys screen name. How else is he supposed to get his attention.

12-07-08 07:21 AM
    Thanks czm...i just want to know long term goals with THIS model...I am not going to keep it if this is what we wind up with. this literally doesnt need to be a touchscreen with this software...it doesnt offer any benefits. again this phone has the potential to be better than all others...but the softwarereally need to cater to the demographic.
    12-07-08 07:52 AM
    I would agree with you 100% if I didn't believe he was talking to Crucial. That's the guys screen name. How else is he supposed to get his attention.

How about sending him a private message instead of making everyone read something intended for one person?
    12-07-08 08:20 AM
    The issues that I put forth to Crucial are questions that I believe a majority of us are concerned with. I created this thread so others would have the ability to see a response. If you don't want to read the thread don't read the damn thread. My god people that post a response that doesn't aide the conversation often come off so pretentious. I think that my original question is very valid...why should we not have expectations? Get over yourself
    12-07-08 11:44 AM
    I have had more lock-ups since the upgrade to .75. It is annoying to want the orientation to switch and yet it stays in portrait. It is rare, but annoying just the same.

I's sure it'll be fixed in a future release.
    12-07-08 01:23 PM
    ill make a bet he will not answer.. ive seen plenty of this type of thread asking him somthing and i dont recall he answer all of them would have better to Pm him

12-07-08 01:38 PM
    Would Stop-N-Go know? he seems to have knowledge of this thing too.
    12-07-08 01:46 PM
    So what's crucial about this thread?

The man, the noun, the lexicon?!?!?!?!?!??!

-2cents, i just don't want to do my homework
    12-07-08 01:53 PM
    I agree with the OP. I think that the kinetic scrolling feature would improve this phone drastically. I really hope that some type of software update or app will eventually enable it.
    12-07-08 01:55 PM
    is it just me or does the GMail app have some form of kinetic scrolling?

it's a little hypersensitive in my opinion but browsing long e-mails is pretty easy...
    12-07-08 01:57 PM
    Definitely should not have to pay for an APP that allows it to scroll this way...it should just do it.
    12-07-08 05:18 PM
    I've been playing with the new released AP Mobile News app for the storm and it's scrolling on news articles is amazingly smooth. If this app has it, why couldn't it be fixed for browsing and other current applications? It seems to me that this could be an easy software fix with an option in Settings to control scrolling speed.
    12-18-08 12:25 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD