Went into the verizon store for this and download .95.

Is there even a such thing as critical vs suggested updates with this phone?
    03-11-09 09:34 AM
    sorry, they are yanking your chain. tell them to give you another storm
    03-11-09 09:35 AM
    And what is the problem your having? And the update isnt showing a .90 release.
    03-11-09 09:39 AM
    Tg, check out the youtube video. The screen ignores touching, and will not turn on. I didn't understand the second half of your reply.
    03-11-09 09:45 AM
    The download is still for .75.

I don't think the rep knew what the heck he was saying.
    03-11-09 09:48 AM
    Tg, check out the youtube video. The screen ignores touching, and will not turn on. I didn't understand the second half of your reply.
    I had that same issue with my phone. Unfortunately that's not an issue that can be resolved with an OS update. You're just going to have to have VZW send you a replacement.
    03-11-09 09:50 AM
    The guy Insisted, emphatically that the update did exist. I was skeptical, but he reassured me that it did infact exist. I think this seems more like deception rather than a misunderstanding.
    03-11-09 09:53 AM
    What OS are you running right now? I know that after a couple Leaked OS's, the screen dont respond when you touch it. You have to hit a hard button for the phone lock screen to come back up. It does that with mine right now in .114 and BlackBerrys website is still showing .75 as there official release. What OS are you at?
    03-11-09 09:56 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guy Insisted, emphatically that the update did exist. I was skeptical, but he reassured me that it did infact exist. I think this seems more like deception rather than a misunderstanding.
    Unfortunately that is the case. If there were any other official releases other than .75, I can guarantee you, you will find out about it on Crackberry.com first.
    03-11-09 09:57 AM
    Guys, I am not sure what it is, but I just followed the link from the first post, and my apploader first got updated, (I'm running .114 with .109 COD files for keyboard which I installed last night), and now if I connect to DM, it says there are Blackberry Software 4.7 and Blackberry Core Applications 4.7 updates. I dont want to downgrade, but how do I find out which version is it?
    Last edited by Toxa; 03-11-09 at 10:05 AM.
    03-11-09 10:02 AM
    Guys, I am not sure what it is, but I just followed the link from the first post, and my apploader first got updated, (I'm running .114 which I installed last night), and now if I connect to DM, it says there are Blackberry Software 4.7 and Blackberry Core Applications 4.7 updates. I dont want to downgrade, but how do I find out which version is it?
    If you continue it should take you to a page where you can choose what OS you want to install. This is of course if you have more than one OS installed. If you don't it'll take you straight to the screen where it asks you what to/what not to install, app wise.
    03-11-09 10:04 AM
    If you continue it should take you to a page where you can choose what OS you want to install. This is of course if you have more than one OS installed. If you don't it'll take you straight to the screen where it asks you what to/what not to install, app wise.
    It showed me .65, .75 (recommended), and .114 (current). I chose .114, and it said that the software 4.7 and core applications 4.7 are available.
    Can someone else try it?
    OK, I am going ahead with it, will report once complete as to what version it is.
    Last edited by Toxa; 03-11-09 at 10:16 AM.
    03-11-09 10:07 AM
    TG, I'm on .75
    03-11-09 10:23 AM
    OK, the update was finished and I'm still on .114. I dont know what has changed, but it is weird. OK, i've noticed there is now a keyboard when on call. It is not the same keyboard that I had from .109 COD files, it looks different, it is smaller.
    Last edited by Toxa; 03-11-09 at 10:41 AM.
    03-11-09 10:38 AM
    TG, I'm on .75
    I'm at work so I can't pull up the youtube video of your problem, but if it really is a hardware issue, then I suggest calling 611 and talking to a tech support rep. Go through all the steps they walk you through, but keep telling them that you're pretty sure it is a hardware issue.

Once they get through all the steps, they will likely either send you a replacement or note your account and send you to a VZW store so the on-site tech can verify the problem and then get you a replacement.
    03-11-09 10:48 AM
    OK, the update was finished and I'm still on .114. I dont know what has changed, but it is weird. OK, i've noticed there is now a keyboard when on call. It is not the same keyboard that I had from .109 COD files, it looks different, it is smaller.
    Might want to take this over to the .114 findings thread
    03-11-09 10:49 AM
    It showed me .65, .75 (recommended), and .114 (current). I chose .114, and it said that the software 4.7 and core applications 4.7 are available.
    Can someone else try it?
    OK, I am going ahead with it, will report once complete as to what version it is.

This (core application update available) has been discussed in other threads regarding builds .103 and .109. As long as you have the os installed on your computer, DM and/or apploader will tell you that core applications are available for upgrade, The last thing I did before going to bed after upgrading was plug in my phone and start DM. As soon as the notification came in, I unplugged my phone and deleted the os using add and remove in control panel. There were other fixes suggested including just hit cancel or ignoring it. But I would rather not see it again, and again, and again, and you will. No harm will come from you going through the process, but the next time you see it, you will know what is happpening.
    03-11-09 10:52 AM
    Hard for me to believe you walked out of the store with a broke phone. Why did'nt you have them upgrade it there?
    03-11-09 11:00 AM
    This (core application update available) has been discussed in other threads regarding builds .103 and .109. As long as you have the os installed on your computer, DM and/or apploader will tell you that core applications are available for upgrade, The last thing I did before going to bed after upgrading was plug in my phone and start DM. As soon as the notification came in, I unplugged my phone and deleted the os using add and remove in control panel. There were other fixes suggested including just hit cancel or ignoring it. But I would rather not see it again, and again, and again, and you will. No harm will come from you going through the process, but the next time you see it, you will know what is happpening.
    That's the thing, it wasnt just core applications, there was System Software 4.7 Update as well.
    03-11-09 11:01 AM
    I think the thats because you had the .109 kb file in there. Same thing happened to me with .103 when I had the .86 mms cod file mixed in. Did a complete system upgrade based on the os I had installed on my computer and undid all my good changes. Bummer!!!
    03-11-09 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD