I have been noticing that the guys here create Hybrids with ease...... Looking forward i was wondering how difficult it is to also create the Radio file by ourselves taking reference from the existing last stable version radio file.... As i understand apart from this file all others are anyhow are changed in the Hybrids (COD files) ....... I might sound dumb here but just some food for thought........
    05-20-10 02:33 AM
    Not possible. The guys who make the hybrids don't do any programming with the .cod files that are used in hybrids. They simply take the .cods from various OSes and combine them in their hybrid. There are no actual changes to the files. What you're talking about would involve programming the .sfi file and it takes a lot of work and understanding of RIM's internal coding structure to even know where to start. Don't forget, the .sfi file contains things that are equivalent to drivers in computers, etc and touching them without knowing exactly what you're doing could render your device entirely unusable.

The guys that create the hybrids are able to do so because the java (.cod) files are interchangeable (within reason). That's all.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but what you're asking isn't about to happen anytime soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 02:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD