I know this has been discussed in several threads and I do believe I've read them all. I don't check my app memory fanatically, but I notice that its really sluggish, unresponsive, I get the processing clock, and see the mbs are low.My memory starts at about 48 mb at reset and will increase to 53mb if I use it heavily following startup. Within 3 hours, if I'm using it or its just sitting, the memory will dip to 28mb or less. If I start using it heavily again it will increase to about 34mb and hold. I'm running os 141; have deleted the pre-installed wallpapers, videos, and music; close out all programs when not using them; the only things running in the background are the mandatory programs; and the gps is off.

They only reason that I'm concerned is that when the memory dips the phone becomes almost unusable. The phone will ring and remain on the homescreen (not displaying caller information) and other freaky things happen which I can't have due to using my phone for business use.

I have the following on my phone:
    Apps and Games:
    amAze gps v4.5
    bbfilescout v.0.6.3
    Storm Bingo v. 1.76
    Bubble burst v.1.0.1
    Bubble Wrap 2.2.1
    Capture it v.1.4
    connect four v. 1.02
    berry labyrinth v. 1.05
    level 0.1.83
    lights out v.1.0
    marble solitaire v.1.7.0
    meterberry 1.4.5 (resets daily)
    pandora 1.0.3
    patternlock 1.1.6
    Pocket Informant v.1.5
    Simple Weather 1.1,6 (updates every hour)
    poynt 1.0.1.68
    simon storm v.1.7.1
    sky climber v0.1.18
    slacker v.1.1.23
    storm lock 2.1
    storm sketch1.4.7
    tiltris 1.4.090296
    tip helper 2.0
    ubertwitter 0.5 (only updates when I open it)

Web Launchers:
    crackberry
    facebook
    careerbuilder
    netflix
    mobihome
    marriott
    ebay
    paypal
    gym technik
    speedtest

Thank you in advance for any suggestion and not leaving smart comments
    05-14-09 04:23 PM
    Im not sure but i know there is no need for Storm lock if you have Pattern lock.
    05-14-09 04:37 PM
    I'm no expert at all but that looks like a ton of apps. I have never seen that many apps on a storm maybe has the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 04:39 PM
    Im not sure but i know there is no need for Storm lock if you have Pattern lock.
    I had storm lock first and actually like it. Its a small app so I didn't delete it... maybe I will.
    05-14-09 04:48 PM
    I'm no expert at all but that looks like a ton of apps. I have never seen that many apps on a storm maybe has the problem.

I conquer, that is way too many apps. I say start deleting a few that you don't use much, keep them on your BB Desktop (if you want to archive them).

My modo is to keep the essential, after all it's not an iphone.
    05-14-09 04:51 PM
    Consider yourself lucky. I boot with 18 mb and its down to 4 after just a few hours

05-14-09 04:52 PM
    That is a lot of apps, but that's also a lot of memory at 48 mb at startup. I don't even have that much memory at startup and have a lot less apps than that.
    05-14-09 04:56 PM
    I conquer...
    I laughed.

I think you are thinking of the word, "concur."
    05-14-09 04:58 PM
    I conquer, that is way too many apps. I say start deleting a few that you don't use much, keep them on your BB Desktop (if you want to archive them).

No its not an iphone... I use my phone as a multimedia/multitasking device as it was intended. I don't baby my phone.. I use it! I know fellow storm users who have many more apps/games and don't have memory issues.
    05-14-09 05:14 PM
    guessing patternlock..I installed during the sale..been having memory issues since...but loving the app and don't want to part.
    05-14-09 05:20 PM
    guessing patternlock..I installed during the sale..been having memory issues since...but loving the app and don't want to part.
    Thank you for the suggestion... I'll try deleting it!
    05-14-09 05:22 PM
    If you're only dipping to 20 some mb's you should be fine, I'm only at 27 or so on startup and have no issues at all.

05-14-09 05:25 PM
    That is a lot of apps, but that's also a lot of memory at 48 mb at startup. I don't even have that much memory at startup and have a lot less apps than that.
    Try shrink-an-os... It works wonders!
    05-14-09 05:25 PM

I disagree. I have 63 apps/games on my Storm. My memory hangs around 18-22, and I never experience any lag.

05-14-09 05:30 PM
    I disagree. I have 63 apps/games on my Storm. My memory hangs around 18-22, and I never experience any lag.

Any suggestions of apps/games I should check for leaks? I'm interested to know what apps/games you have!

I deleted patternlock and am going to watch a few days to see if anything changes...
    05-14-09 05:35 PM
    the only way to be sure is to take them all off, and put them back on one at a time checking for leaks

there are MANY apps for "blackberries" that dont play nice with the storm. This might not just be a compatibility thing, but any little coding discrepancy could be giving you grief. Java is a BRUTAL world and wayyyy too much stuff can go wrong. There are thousands of joe blow coders out there trying to make a buck who might not know enough to make an efficient app. There are many full fledged companies out there that make subpar apps performance wise. Java is just so much of a wildcard that it's really tough to narrow these kinds of things down. Apps should always always be considered "install at your own risk"
    05-14-09 05:39 PM
    the only way to be sure is to take them all off, and put them back on one at a time checking for leaks

there are MANY apps for "blackberries" that dont play nice with the storm. This might not just be a compatibility thing, but any little coding discrepancy could be giving you grief. Java is a BRUTAL world and wayyyy too much stuff can go wrong. There are thousands of joe blow coders out there trying to make a buck who might not know enough to make an efficient app. There are many full fledged companies out there that make subpar apps performance wise. Java is just so much of a wildcard that it's really tough to narrow these kinds of things down. Apps should always always be considered "install at your own risk"
    Thanks for the advice. I'll play with it over the weekend
    05-14-09 05:45 PM
    It was patternlock... I deleted it last night and my memory has been GREAT ever since. Thanks for the input
    05-15-09 10:47 AM
    If the trouble keeps up, you might also try lyricindal's .141/5.0 hybrid (http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/95...d-beta-204517/). It's been the smoothest, most stable OS for me so far.

Grey
    05-15-09 10:56 AM
    It was patternlock... I deleted it last night and my memory has been GREAT ever since. Thanks for the input
    I have memory leaks just like everyone else. The difference is that I don't go crazy over it. My memory is running at about 7 right now and my is still very responsive. I usually do a reset when it dips below about 5 (which is every 4 or 5 days), so it isn't a big deal to me. And I also run PatternLock.
    05-15-09 12:40 PM
    Jesus thats an awsome list of apps but that might be the problem. Try and slimm down on the apps you use almost next to never theirs bound to be a few and then you should see a big difference
    05-15-09 12:45 PM
    I have memory leaks just like everyone else. The difference is that I don't go crazy over it. My memory is running at about 7 right now and my is still very responsive. I usually do a reset when it dips below about 5 (which is every 4 or 5 days), so it isn't a big deal to me. And I also run PatternLock.
    The difference seems to be that you don't notice a difference in responsiveness... I did. I wasn't going crazy over memory levels I couldn't deal with the phone locking up and being unresponsive. Delete patternlock and problem is solved.
    Last edited by Ivy_Storm_21; 05-15-09 at 01:39 PM.
    05-15-09 01:33 PM
    Jesus thats an awsome list of apps but that might be the problem. Try and slimm down on the apps you use almost next to never theirs bound to be a few and then you should see a big difference
    The number of apps isn't the problem.. Leak identified.. Problem solved.
    05-15-09 01:38 PM
    I was having memory leak issues today when I installed a new theme, but seemed to clear up when I removed the Old theme.
    05-15-09 01:43 PM
    If the trouble keeps up, you might also try lyricindal's .141/5.0 hybrid (http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/95...d-beta-204517/). It's been the smoothest, most stable OS for me so far.

Grey
    Thanks.. I'll try it
    05-15-09 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD