so my [replacement] storm now crashes. wtf. am i really going to go through 3 phones in 30 days? cmon... what do i do. i mean if i go to the verizon store and say "my phone keeps crashing" they're just going to send me a new one...that is going to crash just like this one does. grrrr
    12-15-08 10:51 AM
    it's funny that this post is here...i've had mine since day one and just today it started to crash...3 times so far all while i was using blackberry messenger...i think i may try for a replacement....my coworker had his for 2 days and his crashed all of the time and finally it crashed and all he had after was a white screen and no matter what he did he coulldnt get the phone to reeboot past the white screen...good luck
    12-15-08 10:58 AM
    Nope... Haven't had my phone ever crash on me. Mine has worked great since I got it about 3 weeks ago. Probably not exactly what you want to hear, but it sounds like you've just gotten "lucky" and gotten two phones out of a defective batch. Defects are just a part of life with anything mass produced. You can't test every single phone before it goes out, so it stands to reason a few defective ones will slip through. The odds of you continuing to get a defective one goes up significantly every time you get an additional defective unit however, so you can take some small solace in that.
    12-15-08 11:01 AM
    i get scared to open video files because of this

i think im going to ask for a replacement
    12-15-08 11:01 AM
    My phone only crashed the day I used the Video Camera. Other than that it has been running fine for over 3 weeks.
    12-15-08 11:02 AM
    Mine has crashed only once. It was the day I installed Wallpaper shuffle. I removed the program and have not had a problem since. Since yours started crashing, what has changed,,,,programs,,,,settings. Might be something to look at.
    12-15-08 11:07 AM
    Mine hasn't crashed on me yet.
    12-15-08 11:09 AM
    Mine has crashed 5, wait, wait, 6 times today. Call Verizon and they'll ask you a bunch of stupid questions like "is there water corrosion?" and you can say, "no" and they'll send you a new one. I wish they would have just waited until it was ready to release it but they "HAVE" to hit the holiday, like all us freaks wouldn't have ponied up for it in January if it was done correctly. I'm falling out of love with Blackberry.....
    12-15-08 11:09 AM
    Mine never crashes (maybe once it did), BUT I reboot it (using softrest) around once a day to clear out the memory leak.
    12-15-08 11:14 AM
    Yep mine crashes (reboots or whatever) about once a day. Very random. It does it when im in the middle of 3 tasks all at once and it does it while sitting idle on my desk. But only since I updated to version .75
    12-15-08 11:25 AM
    Once a week for me. .75 official version.
    12-15-08 11:31 AM
    Every crash I've experienced (3) has been due to the video camera freezing. Instead of doing the battery pull when the video camera freezes, I'll wait about 3 minutes and the phone reboots itself. Besides the video camera crashes, I've been crash free for 2 plus weeks.
    12-15-08 11:35 AM
    my phone has not crashed even once, its gotten unresponsive a couple of times but I just waited and it fixed itself. I'm running version .76
    12-15-08 11:35 AM
    Never crashed once yet (knock on wood!)
    12-15-08 11:41 AM
    The only time my phone crashed was while trying to take video... I think this had something to do with the memory card... after taking the card out and reading in on my laptop. I have not had any problems at all. even use the video camera to record my daughters christmass play (140mb file) and no problems....
    12-15-08 11:44 AM
    I've had mine for 5 days and I've never had it crash. In fact, the only real glitch or problem I've had is sometimes the camera button accidentally gets pressed and the the camera window will pop-up. For example, I was in the browser once and in the middle of the browser the camera window pops up, but I was still in the browser clicking around. I just went to the App Switcher and closed the camera down. Other than that, my phone has been working great!

I would try to think hard about what happened before your crashes started. The majority of the time, crashes like that are the result of a software problem. Make sure you have as few applications open as possible, and uninstall anything you're not using. Worst case, you can always do a fresh-install. I would try and do all these things before sending it back though. If it is a software problem, it is very likely you would accidentally repeat it on a replacement. This could explain why you have gotten 2 "defective" units because statistically that is very unlikely.
    12-15-08 12:07 PM
    my phone has not crashed even once, its gotten unresponsive a couple of times but I just waited and it fixed itself. I'm running version .76
    Where did you get version .76?
    12-15-08 12:15 PM
    Where did you get version .76?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/off...thread-109357/
    12-15-08 12:17 PM
    My first phone crashed once in the week and a half I had it. My replacement hasn't at all.
    12-15-08 12:21 PM
    no crashes here. try delete all programs you dont use
    12-15-08 12:51 PM
    Mine crashes about twice a day also. Extremely annoying. Something MUST be wrong.
    12-15-08 12:53 PM
    Mine never crashes.
    12-15-08 01:10 PM
    crash free since day 1
    12-15-08 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD