Anyone know how to fix my problem??

I have a Storm 9500 and tonight, I downloaded the "Handy Weather" app for the Storm 9500 (I run this app fine on my Nokia N95).

Anyway, the app wouldnt run, kept saying the file was missing! I removed the battery and re-inserted to try from scratch, and to my horror, whilst trying to boot up a tiny message is displayed on the screen saying "Reset - Unable to reset!" and then it starts the re-boot process all over again, only to show the error once again, then goes on to reboot. This happens over and over again and cant get passed it! I tried re-installing v90 but DM cant connect to the phone coz its stuck in constant re-boot!

Anyone got ne other ideas??

Cheers

Geoffro
    Gold Coast, Australia
    01-30-09 06:31 AM
    got to bb 101 and you will find the fix for it in common problems section "nuked bb" ... But if your running OS 0.90 you will have to downgrade. I had the same problem, but couldnt fix it until i downgraded my OS.
    01-30-09 06:38 AM
    Thanks George. I tried this but it didnt work......

"I tried the above steps with my new Storm 9500 but to no avail

The phone is stuck in a "re-boot loop". The red light comes on, then the black screen with the hourglass, then the white screen then all of a sudden I get a tiny message saying "Reset - Unable to reset" then it re-boots once again and keeps going in this cycle till I pull the battery out!

I follow the instructions above, everything looks good. Phone has stopped re-booting, and it all looks like its going to work. HOWEVER, when the app loader initializes the handset, the re-boot loop starts all over again and the app loader tells me its "unable to complete the operation" with another message underneath saying "unable to reconnect to the device during a multi stage load operation!" BUMMER!

I guess I gotta take the phone back to where I bought it from.

Cheers

Geoffro - Australia"
    01-30-09 07:40 AM
    Yes exactly the same thing happened to me, but when I downgraded my operating system software to 0.75 it worked. What OS version are you running on ur storm?
    01-30-09 07:44 AM
    What I mean is use a different OS version when you run through the steps and attempt to install the OS..
    01-30-09 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD