Hey

i have a quick question

if i use the RESET IT policy option on CrackUtil, will it delete all of my 3rd party apps? and get the storm to Factory Setting??

tnx
    04-21-09 01:56 PM
    I was wondering if there are any repercussions of using this feature on as well...
    05-11-09 07:50 PM
    I am no expert, but have run Crack Util to get rid of the IT Policy. I did a back up first and then a restore. While it removed the poilicy and allowed me to disable the password when it swtched back on the first time, once I had done the restore, the IT Policy was restored as well. All the Apps reappeared but one or two had to be re-registered.

I suspect that it is a 3rd party app that is causing the problem, but don't know categoraically yet which one although I recently started using Storm Slider which is why I wanted to disable the password.

Nigel
    05-12-09 08:27 AM
    You could always backup your 3PA's and run the utility, then reload them when you are finished. If you wish to remove certain programs after that, just boot in save mode, and remove them that way.
    05-12-09 08:29 AM
    I did a normal backup, then backed up my 3rd party apps, then used Crack Util to reset the IT policy.

It wiped and rebooted with most of my things missing. I did a restore from DM, and I'm good to go.
    05-15-09 02:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD