Hoping someone can help me out here. I've never had an issue with getting a 1XEV signal until trying out Crackman's V6 OS. I tried the version with .90 radio first and couldn't get a sustained 1XEV signal. It just shows up for a second every now and then and then resorts back to 1X or 1Xev. So now I have tried V6 with .148 radio and am having the same issue. I made sure it is set to 1XEV, I have done multiple battery pulls, I have enabled and disabled the radio but nothing helps. Would trying the straight .148 os be of any help? Its the same radio code as I'm using now isn't it? What else can I do besides downgrading to an earlier OS? Thanks.
    05-30-09 09:20 PM
    Consider that it could also be the network. VZW as of late has been flipping some of its towers on and off and moving radios around because of the Alltel merger. It may not be an issue with your phone, but the network in your area. People in the NE US have been crying for the past couple of days about this.
    05-30-09 09:26 PM
    I'm in the Northwest.... It worked fine all day today until the exact time I loaded V6. I don't think its the network. If I try straight .148 OS and still have the issue, would Verizon be forced to fix it or give me a new phone? I'm still within a year.
    05-30-09 09:31 PM
    Verizon won't be forced to do anything. You're the one that loaded up hybrids put together by noobs. It's not their fault, it's yours. Wipe it and load up full .148. If that doesn't fix your issue, wipe it and downgrade back to .75. Test radio to check reception, then load .148 full on it.

MAKE SURE YOU UNINSTALL ALL PREVIOUS OSs OFF YOUR PC WHEN YOU DO THIS. This includes going into the Shared directory for the OS loads and deleting any directories that the uninstalls from Add/Remove didn't pull out.
    05-30-09 09:35 PM
    I don't think you read my response. If I load straight .148, the same .148 they are releasing officially tomorrow, and can't receive a 1XEV signal, why would they not have to do something about it? Verizon wouldn't be able to tell that I had previously loaded hybrids onto my phone. From what they will see, I'll have the officially released .148.

Either way, I'll try what you said and load the standard .148 and see what happens.
    05-30-09 10:02 PM
    No, I read your response and understood it. My point was that you're not entitled to a replacement because of what you did.

Just do what I said and you should be fine. Do exactly what I said if the first full .148 load doesn't work. And STOP screwing around with hybrids please.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 10:38 PM
    I don't think you read my response. If I load straight .148, the same .148 they are releasing officially tomorrow, and can't receive a 1XEV signal, why would they not have to do something about it? Verizon wouldn't be able to tell that I had previously loaded hybrids onto my phone. From what they will see, I'll have the officially released .148.

Either way, I'll try what you said and load the standard .148 and see what happens.
    They arent going to make your reception any better by putting a tower in your backyard, already been down that road! lol
    I installed .148 on mine and ive had the best reception with the phone since i got the phone on release day.
    Ive tried hybrids but they arent all what people make them out to be.
    05-30-09 10:43 PM
    I've used both versions of the Crackman V6 Hybrid (.90 & .148) and did not have any problems getting 1XEV...

If batt pulls didn't work you might consider a wipe & reinstall....
    05-30-09 11:24 PM
    To the OP, While I respect Civic's expertise she has made it abundantly clear that she is not a fan of hybrid. So be it but don't let one person's opinion deter you from trying what you want. I have tried every leaked OS and hybrid out there and IMHO the straight OS's are no where near the quality of the hybrids. One things we know for certain is that each Storm responds differently. I personally am not of fan of any of the SFI's from the 140's (i.e. .141 or .148). I am using BBcrackman's hybrid with the radio code from .132 and this has been the best combination for me. If I were you I would wipe reinstall the hybrid and use the radio code for 132. And please do not listen to one person's opinion. There are many great hybrids out there that are put together by people that have a lot more experience than Civic. So I would take her opinion on hybrids with a grain of salt.
    05-31-09 12:48 AM
    Yup those hybrids are screwy... I tried that ver.6 hybrid also today. My signal was not constant. Going back to the leaked .148. Listen to civic!
    05-31-09 03:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD