So I had an absurd amount of dust under my screen, and I tried lifting it to vacuum it out, as I had done many times before, but this time, the digitizer came out with a hairline crack. The phone has basically stopped responding. My friend at the local telco is replacing the unit though.

My questions is, how do I keep out the freaking dust? It drives me nuts.
    05-26-09 08:24 PM
    So I had an absurd amount of dust under my screen, and I tried lifting it to vacuum it out, as I had done many times before, but this time, the digitizer came out with a hairline crack. The phone has basically stopped responding. My friend at the local telco is replacing the unit though.

My questions is, how do I keep out the freaking dust? It drives me nuts.
    Do u put it in your pocket. If so I would make sure your pockets are clean.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 09:18 PM
    nope. it lives in my oem holster
    05-26-09 10:36 PM
    I've had my Storm since 12/5 and not one speck of dust.
    I make sure not to put it in my pocket even though that is a pain at times. I've gotten used to using an Innocase and belt clip or in my purse.
    05-26-09 10:37 PM
    what i used for the dust on the inside of the screen as well as everywhere else are the Dusters for PC keyboards ect. comes in the can with the red straw works perfect for me
    05-27-09 12:51 AM
    For me i have my phone since feb 09 and its always in my pocket sometimes without my orginal blackberry pouch but still until now no dust
    05-27-09 05:18 AM
    My storm lives in dust. I'm a wood worker and its even taken a dive from 15 feet into a pile of saw dust. No dust in the unit. These things are tough!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 09:02 AM
    Clean your house better.
    05-27-09 09:11 AM
    Recommend get a few cans of computer dust compressed air and every few days just give your storm a nice blowoff. I do that about every 3 days and my storm has never looked better.

Frys has like a 4 pack for $10 which is a good deal.
    05-27-09 11:03 PM
    I hardly have any dust under my screen and I take it in and out of my purse and pocket all day.
    05-27-09 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD