04-25-10 08:55 PM
179 ... 5678
tools
    I just did my first "successful" OS Load!!! Thanks CB...when i saw it said "12 steps to OS Load" i knew it was for me. The steps have helped in other areas of my life as well! Thanks CB!!! I feel like such a "crackberry abuser" now!!!
    10-20-09 01:01 AM
    thanks it was a piece of cake...
    10-20-09 04:56 PM
    OK,

Verizon

OS 4.7.0.148

BB Storm 9530

Trying to install OS 5.0.0.323

I installed the OS on my computer. The only OS I have on my computer now is 5.0.0.323.

I removed the Vendor file, but also noticed another file called device.axl.

I went on and removed that file too just incase it ws keeping it from installing.

After done with everything, Yes I backed upmy phone too, I double clicked on the exe file. It DID find my pin.

I clicked next and it opened the App loader install file. No where to be found were any upgrades for the newer OS.

Have I done something wrong. I saw where someone asked if they had to install the .151 file first, then install the .323 file.

I have what my phone came with. Where am I erroring on the install.

Thanks

msblueline
    10-22-09 01:58 AM
    1st ever OS upload was a SUCCESS thanks to this! Thanks alot!
    10-22-09 04:41 AM
    If you havent got this resolved, drop me a private Message or an email and I'll help you get this resolved.

OK,

Verizon

OS 4.7.0.148

BB Storm 9530

Trying to install OS 5.0.0.323

I installed the OS on my computer. The only OS I have on my computer now is 5.0.0.323.

I removed the Vendor file, but also noticed another file called device.axl.

I went on and removed that file too just incase it ws keeping it from installing.

After done with everything, Yes I backed upmy phone too, I double clicked on the exe file. It DID find my pin.

I clicked next and it opened the App loader install file. No where to be found were any upgrades for the newer OS.

Have I done something wrong. I saw where someone asked if they had to install the .151 file first, then install the .323 file.

I have what my phone came with. Where am I erroring on the install.

Thanks

msblueline
    10-23-09 12:47 AM
    Nice job, CrackBurglar!
    10-23-09 03:53 PM
    Just wanted to thank CrackBurglar for helping me with 5.0.0.323. He did a superb job, and paid excellent attention to detail. Thanks Jim.. I recommend him to anyone who needs expertise...
    Updated now to show Jim expertly loaded the .328 exe file for my phone, after the D/M load. D/M was too bloated, so the exe file rescue. Thanks again Jim, for your exemplary workmanship and willingness to help out. I continue to recommend others your way to solve their challenges.
    Last edited by horseshoe; 10-27-09 at 09:37 PM.
    10-23-09 05:19 PM
    Awesome thread thanks!

I've done the OS load about 3 or 4 times now without any problems. Today I wanted to install 5.0.0.328 but for some reason when I go into the loader, it only shows my 3rd party apps. I uninstalled and re-installed and deleted and everything you said in the guide and still nothing. I did it about 4 times and still can't get it to work :\

Is there anything else I can do that could make it work?
    11-06-09 06:20 AM
    Drop me a PM or Email after about 6PM Eastern us time tonight and I'll do my best to help you.
    11-06-09 07:36 AM
    Find this man if you want to get your phone fixed. Definitly helped with everything on my phone. Took the time out of his day to help me with a problem that i thought could not be fixed.
    Jim...you are my BB god.

Thanks again,
    Peter
    01-04-10 05:51 PM
    thanks soooo much !!! the best cb user ever!

thx
    wh
    01-06-10 10:28 PM
    I just used this method exactly and it worked great! Thanks for the write up. It was extremely helpful!

Thanks again.
    01-07-10 11:24 PM
    Worked great and learned a different way to upgrade! Thanks for the thread!
    01-08-10 12:14 PM
    Nice step-by-step. This is definitely great for the Crackberry members who are wanting to upgrade OS or hybrids. Keep up the great help tutorials!!
    01-10-10 02:38 PM
    Thanks for these instructions. I just used them to re-install the .419 update on my S1 again (hurray for Shrink-A-OS) and they worked beautifully. Another wonderful Crackberry success story. Thanks again for all you know-it-alls taking the time to teach and impart some of your handy skills to those of us coming up the ranks. Keep up the good work!
    01-10-10 06:40 PM
    absolutely recommend him. did the .428 myself but had problems with the .436 hybrid and he took over and redid the whole process successfully without one issue. do yourselves a favor and go to him for OS loads
    01-11-10 09:48 PM
    Just used this to install the 5.0.0.419 from Mobility, and it's running great thanks to this guide. Keep up the good work you CrackBerry geniuses!
    01-14-10 03:06 AM
    Crackburglar, where can i find that 5.04019 OS bETA for my Blackberry Stom?
    01-22-10 02:22 AM
    Thank you!!!! Great instructions!
    01-22-10 03:08 PM
    Nice guide.. BUT im stuck here :

(If all you see is your 3rd party apps and no core phone OS options, it is my suggestion that you uninstall from the pc the phone OS you are trying to load, and re-install it. then jump back to step 4.) ---->> did this 5 times.

Why am i not seing the core applications when i run the loader.exe but if its the desktop manager i do see it ( but i can't install it on the storm cause of an error that says i should be registered to blackberry services or something).

Help Man..
    01-22-10 08:46 PM
    Xerc, Sorry I missed your plea for help... I dont monitor this thread, sending a PM to me would have been best.

Chances are, you have more than 1 vendor file, and quite possibly have your DM set to "check for updates". see crucial xtreme's thread for how to resolve that: http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/wh...l-file-120048/

Nice guide.. BUT im stuck here :

(If all you see is your 3rd party apps and no core phone OS options, it is my suggestion that you uninstall from the pc the phone OS you are trying to load, and re-install it. then jump back to step 4.) ---->> did this 5 times.

Why am i not seing the core applications when i run the loader.exe but if its the desktop manager i do see it ( but i can't install it on the storm cause of an error that says i should be registered to blackberry services or something).

Help Man..
    01-24-10 02:48 PM
    Ic.. maybe i'll try this later on.. gotta work.

Thanks Man.
    01-24-10 05:07 PM
    Just wanted to drop a little note and let everyone know that if you are having problems... need assistance....anything...CB is your man. I was having so much trouble updating my OS. After a few tips from CB still didn't work...he took over my desktop and got me up and running within an hour. I have yet to find anyone who is more willing to help than this guy. He knows his stuff and doesn't make ya feel like an ***** for having a few questions. CB, thanks again brotha!

Always nice to find good people willing to help!
    01-28-10 04:39 PM
    Just wanted to drop a little note and let everyone know that if you are having problems... need assistance....anything...CB is your man. I was having so much trouble updating my OS. After a few tips from CB still didn't work...he took over my desktop and got me up and running within an hour. I have yet to find anyone who is more willing to help than this guy. He knows his stuff and doesn't make ya feel like an ***** for having a few questions. CB, thanks again brotha!

Always nice to find good people willing to help!
    I second this exact experience.
    01-28-10 09:50 PM
    Thanks for the great post, Crackburglar. After hours of headaches, this worked like a charm.
    01-30-10 01:00 PM
179 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD