auto update
    BBBI drivers
    BBwebSlauncher
    modem drivers
    rim device manager
    usb drivers

Do I need to worry? I'm on XP.
    07-24-09 07:26 PM
    That sounds like you don't have a Phone OS loaded on your system.

You may have downloaded it, but may have not installed it.
    07-24-09 08:08 PM
    I loaded OS .151 as advised and all went well. I tested it couple of times. Then I changed the theme from Precision Zen... :{

Now it shows only three rows and does not expand. When I press menu it shows very few options and most of them are not functioning. I cannot reach option tab to change theme. Response time is too slow and when I press menu couple of time it crashes with error message �APP Error 523�. I have rebooted couple of times and it didn�t help.

BTW I have not done step 11 as when it rebooted I could see from options that .151 has been loaded (9530-v4.7.0.151_P4.0.0.186)

Is there a way to fix or do I have to do it all over. If yes please advice from which step I should continue or is there any precaution I need to take.
    07-28-09 09:02 AM
    ok I did everything to the letter but when I run the apploader only my 3rd party apps show up none of the core apps are on the list
    (I'm beginning to think I'm not meant to have .151)
    07-28-09 09:16 AM
    if this doesn't work im gonna jump out my window.
    07-28-09 01:14 PM
    ooooohhh snappp it works!!! )))
    07-28-09 01:44 PM
    Thanks Crack Burglar..

I removed the theme and installed it again and hurrey this time it worked
    07-28-09 10:10 PM
    Im glad i found this i'll give it a try
    07-29-09 10:33 AM
    Thank you so much for your help tonight I now have .151 Yay!!!
    07-29-09 09:10 PM
    great step by step instructions...even a caveman could follow!
    07-30-09 06:44 AM
    that is this 151 all about?
    07-30-09 06:37 PM
    whoha !! thanks to you crackburglar i have finally managed to download the hybrid version 6v6 for 9500 !
    the trick was to point 8 and beyond

what are the usage benefits that i can look forward to, which this hybrid ?
    08-04-09 08:53 AM
    Still running into issues while using XP - same problem as smdeee.net; where does the folder containing the OS' files need to be located, and how do I load them from there?
    08-05-09 01:25 AM
    Congrats!

Some will tell you there is no added benefit to a hybrid, but personally, I find (in most cases) the phone is more resilient, speed of portrait-landscape transition, as well as memory retention (ie less memory leak).

It's one of those deals where mileage may vary between models.

whoha !! thanks to you crackburglar i have finally managed to download the hybrid version 6v6 for 9500 !
    the trick was to point 8 and beyond

what are the usage benefits that i can look forward to, which this hybrid ?
    08-05-09 11:02 AM
    Check in your add/remove programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista) for BlackBerry Device Software v4.x.x for the BlackBerry 95xx smartphone. If it does not have a listing in there, you have merely downloaded the software but not loaded it.

You'll have to find out what folder you downloaded it to, then run the OS installer from there.

Let us know how that goes.

If worst case scenario you need help, let me know by Private Message, and I have available time tonight 6:30P-9:30P Eastern Time, or same times on Thursday night.

Still running into issues while using XP - same problem as smdeee.net; where does the folder containing the OS' files need to be located, and how do I load them from there?
    08-05-09 11:06 AM
    thanks alot cb, as stated in this thread before by many, you are the man. got my 3rd party apps back.

much appreciated,
    Ryan
    08-08-09 04:26 PM
    Glad I could help you, and in record time...
    08-08-09 04:28 PM
    Glad I could help you, and in record time...
    After I wiped my niece's 9530 with JL_Comndr, I tried to install OS 148 to it. My problem is the App Loader (not from DM) doesn't list 148 in it. I did uninstall & install the OS many times and countless rebooting my PC , but the problem still there. Can you help me ? TQ

Sorry for double post this, I posted this in " random question " also & have not get solution yet
    08-09-09 11:40 PM
    Drop me a Private Message after 6PM Eastern and I'll see what I can do for you-

CB
    08-10-09 12:27 PM
    Well, I've followed several instructional posts - most recently this one - to the letter now and just cannot get .151 to install. When the App Loader is run, it finds all of my 3rd party apps, but no sign of the OS. Yet if I load up my provider's version (.122 from Telus), it shows up and can be installed.

Any ideas on what might work? I mean, it's not the end of the world to wait for an official release, but at the speed Telus does things I'll be getting .148 around Christmas time.
    08-12-09 07:55 AM
    Hit me up after 8PM (US) Eastern time on Thursday by private message and I can try to help out.

Well, I've followed several instructional posts - most recently this one - to the letter now and just cannot get .151 to install. When the App Loader is run, it finds all of my 3rd party apps, but no sign of the OS. Yet if I load up my provider's version (.122 from Telus), it shows up and can be installed.

Any ideas on what might work? I mean, it's not the end of the world to wait for an official release, but at the speed Telus does things I'll be getting .148 around Christmas time.
    08-12-09 08:31 PM
    I'm currently on 148 and want to install one of the new hybrids. Can I follow this method or do I need to install 151 first?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 03:07 AM
    You would first need to remove all phone os installations from your PC, then download and install .151 to your PC. THEN download and install the hybrid and go from there.

Good Luck!
    08-13-09 11:16 AM
    Hit me up after 8PM (US) Eastern time on Thursday by private message and I can try to help out.
    Hey there CrackBurglar - I'd PM you but my post count is not high enough to do so.

I also had one other question in addition to my .151 installation difficulties. Even though I have .122 successfully installed on my Storm, DM still insists that there's some core files that could do with updating. Even if I allow DM to do the update, it continually reminds me that there are updates available. In addition, whenever it does these updates, it shows a couple of older revisions of Facebook, Googletalk, and Yahoo Messenger and wants to delete them, which it does. Since I have newer versions already installed, it ends up screwing with the install and I end up having to redownload the last two applications (Facebook does not seem affected).

Anyway, I hope that's not too much information overload.
    08-13-09 09:13 PM
    Check your email address used to register with CrackBerry for instructions.
    08-13-09 09:46 PM
179 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD