Storm users Unite!!!!!!

Address to Verizon Complaint page:

-www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/index.jsp

OR link:
    Enter your location

Verizon has ignored our requests for an official software upgrade for the Storm because..... well simply put, its because whatever version of software is made official for the Verizon Storm, will likely be the last Official version released by Verizon for the Storm, pending new, better, faster phones (i.e. Storm 2) IF RIM lets Verizon have the exclusive contract after making so many Storm users disgusted with what was supposed to be (and in all right could/should have been) the iPhone killer it was intended.

Talking at length with Customer support at Verizon via phone I quickly grew angry due to the direction of the conversation after I complained about the Storm not operating half as well as it was advertisedto.

It went something like this:

When the customer support representative told me that Verizon has NOT received many complaints about the Storm..
    I asked the REP how that was possible.

He replied " We cant count all of the phone replacements as complaints because we don't know the nature of the issue or what caused it, unless it was specifically noted as software failure"

My reply: " Bull****"

VZW REP: "The complaints are collected at the Verizon Customer service "Contact US" page at the Verizon wireless homepage. There haven't been that many complaints about the Storm operation. Verizon store representatives CAN report complaints, but have no incentive for filing the complaint when a customer comes into the store."

My reply: " how the **** is that !!??? I see thousands of complaints about bugs in the Storm software on Crackberry.com"

VZW REP: I don't know...that isn't Verizon's website, we don't have visibility to complaints on that site.

My Reply: I have a feeling there will be some coming soon........

Lets ALL send Verizon a little nasty-gram, honestly describing ALL of the issue we have had with our phones, that have, as of yet, gone unsupported (with the exception of phone replacements which we all know fix nothing except our right to complain about the phone operation at the moment of replacement)

Make sure that you (we) all let them know that if Verizon is a "WORLD LEADER" in customer service/support, and has a 90% customer satisfaction rating (Obviously not counting Storm users) They should act like one, and provide us with a version of software that is supported by OUR carrier...

If enough people complain, Maybe Verizon will see this as a more serious issue and put a little more effort into providing us with what they advertise
    "World Class Customer Support

They only listen if they hear you complaining. Do you really think a VZ Wireless store employee is going to report every complaint he hears to Verizon??? NO!!!!!!

You have to tell Verizon yourself

Here is the Address to email Verizon a complaint.
    -www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/index.jsp]Enter your location

or link:
    Enter your location
    Let them know how we feel about this "Lack of support"!!

Storm on Crackberry users!!!!!!!!!
    05-15-09 02:18 PM
    Isn't it rims fault for not making a perfect OS.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 02:22 PM
    Not again....

05-15-09 02:23 PM
    Dyslexics, untie!
    05-15-09 02:24 PM
    What if I'm happy with my storm and I understand the possible hazards of owning a 1st gen piece of technology?
    05-15-09 02:28 PM
    The same people complaining over and over and over and over really doesn't count as thousands of complaints. Maybe you would like to join forces with the poster in another thread that wants to start a class action suit. He tells us he's a lawyer.

Good luck.
    05-15-09 02:36 PM
    I am not ready to blame RIM yet, although they could be doing a little better at taking care of their end for the Storm. Verizon has had opportunities to IMPROVE (key word) the operation of our phones by at least fixing SOME of the bugs that are inherent to .075. Instead of leaving us in left with no support with the exception of replacing Thousands of Storms that have nothing wrong but issues with software.

At a minimum, a surge of complaints to Verizon might push them to test more version of software simultaneously, (or push RIM, wherever you allow the blame to lie) to get us something better that is SUPPORTED by our carrier, without the threat of "removal of support if an unsupported software version is installed

Point of my POST was that Verizon Representative stated that they haven't received that many complaints about Storm issues/bugs from the consumers.

If I was a phone company, that hasn't received many complaints DIRECTLY from the consumer. I would not be that eager to fix (or push RIM to fix) anything either.

I was hoping that as much as everyone likes to complain here (to people that cant do much but explain "this leaked OS, or this Official version from Vodaphone fixes that issue.") that we might find a few that would be willing to take less time than it takes to POST here... to let Verizon know how we feel about their Support (or lack thereof)

Don't get me wrong. I like my Blackberry Storm, and will probably get a Storm2 when they are released. I would just like (for once) for companies that sell millions of phones and require us to sign a 2 year contract for service that starts at $130 a month (for one phone) for a phone that doesn't
    do what they said it would.
    05-15-09 02:38 PM
    Grow up people.
    05-15-09 02:39 PM
    I am not ready to blame RIM yet, although they could be doing a little better at taking care of their end for the Storm. Verizon has had opportunities to IMPROVE (key word) the operation of our phones by at least fixing SOME of the bugs that are inherent to .075. Instead of leaving us in left with no support with the exception of replacing Thousands of Storms that have nothing wrong but issues with software.

At a minimum, a surge of complaints to Verizon might push them to test more version of software simultaneously, (or push RIM, wherever you allow the blame to lie) to get us something better that is SUPPORTED by our carrier, without the threat of "removal of support if an unsupported software version is installed

Point of my POST was that Verizon Representative stated that they haven't received that many complaints about Storm issues/bugs from the consumers.

If I was a phone company, that hasn't received many complaints DIRECTLY from the consumer. I would not be that eager to fix (or push RIM to fix) anything either.

I was hoping that as much as everyone likes to complain here (to people that cant do much but explain "this leaked OS, or this Official version from Vodaphone fixes that issue.") that we might find a few that would be willing to take less time than it takes to POST here... to let Verizon know how we feel about their Support (or lack thereof)

Don't get me wrong. I like my Blackberry Storm, and will probably get a Storm2 when they are released. I would just like (for once) for companies that sell millions of phones and require us to sign a 2 year contract for service that starts at $130 a month (for one phone) for a phone that doesn't
    do what they said it would.
    Ok, so just out of curiosity, which OS do you think vzw should have released? Because I personally didn't feel like there was one ready
    05-15-09 02:42 PM
    The same people complaining over and over and over and over really doesn't count as thousands of complaints. Maybe you would like to join forces with the poster in another thread that wants to start a class action suit. He tells us he's a lawyer.

Good luck.
    Point of the POST is not to get the same people complaining over and over again, its to get the people that have no trouble complaining here (preaching to the choir) to complain to BIG-V directly

It still amazes me how many people will complain to someone who can do nothing, when they can complain to someone who CAN do something (eventually)
    05-15-09 02:42 PM
    bigman2.... TROLL
    05-15-09 02:46 PM
    You're right, another troll has come out to play. As bigman says, Grow Up people. Inciting hatred and mailbombing VZW will do nothing for any real or imagined problems.
    05-15-09 02:59 PM
    I've had 4 diffrent blackberries and honestly the storm is f'n awesome. I don't really know why so many people have a problem. I think that most of the people who have problem are people who are still on .75. How is it that they don't have the balls to upgrade to a better OS but think they can throw a class action lawsuit against Verizon. My suggestion upgrade your OS you WILL be happy with your Storm.
    05-15-09 03:07 PM
    If Verizon were to tell me that it is OK to upgrade to "another carriers official OS" (Not Likely) and that they will support issues with my phone (again...not likely) I would be happy to upgrade my phone.

But the reply I got from the Verizon service REP when I asked the question "Can I install software released by RIM for the Storm on my phone, and keep my warranty"
    VZW REP Reply: Verizon has no obligation support any device that is NOT running a Verizon Officially released version"

This will keep me from upgrading my phone, simply because I NEED my Blackberry, and cant afford to have an unsupported "BRICK" if a catastrophic failure occurs while using software. (That and I refuse to go back to using my old LG Chocolate if such an event occurs)

I am kind of getting annoyed with people comparing me to a guy in another post that is threatening a class action lawsuit...

I have not threatened anything, simply asked people to let Verizon know the extent of the issues we are having with our phones, and that we are displeased with the service we are receiving.
    05-15-09 03:20 PM
    If Verizon were to tell me that it is OK to upgrade to "another carriers official OS" (Not Likely) and that they will support issues with my phone (again...not likely) I would be happy to upgrade my phone.

But the reply I got from the Verizon service REP when I asked the question "Can I install software released by RIM for the Storm on my phone, and keep my warranty"
    VZW REP Reply: Verizon has no obligation support any device that is NOT running a Verizon Officially released version"

This will keep me from upgrading my phone, simply because I NEED my Blackberry, and cant afford to have an unsupported "BRICK" if a catastrophic failure occurs while using software. (That and I refuse to go back to using my old LG Chocolate if such an event occurs)

I am kind of getting annoyed with people comparing me to a guy in another post that is threatening a class action lawsuit...

I have not threatened anything, simply asked people to let Verizon know the extent of the issues we are having with our phones, and that we are displeased with the service we are receiving.
    yeah you are worse....you obviously dont know much about what you are talking about since the procedure for an official upgrade would be the same as a leak
    05-15-09 03:34 PM

you're a simple boy arent you?

Good luck.
    bingo. i wish more people would, as bigman said, grow up.

these kind of antics get more and more childish every day
    05-15-09 03:40 PM
    There is nothing wrong with the storm. There will b update for the storm when the feel fit. Why don't go back to your lg chocolate. How many os updates did u get on that crap? U have no idea how to use a smart phone. Your moms calling yelling u better b studying for the freshmen exam.

05-15-09 03:46 PM
    What if I'm happy with my storm and I understand the possible hazards of owning a 1st gen piece of technology?
    Well then clearly you are some alien lifeform seeing as how, apparently, EVERYONE hates the Storm like cats hate water...or, we should be friends since we apparently share the same opinions.

Your call.
    05-15-09 03:59 PM
    yeah you are worse....you obviously dont know much about what you are talking about since the procedure for an official upgrade would be the same as a leak
    Im pretty sure EVERYONE knows that the procedures for software version installation are the same (unless you are using a hybrid)

Not saying there are issues with installing them, I just cant afford to lose my blackberry because it crashed while using an unsupported version of software.

You gonna pay for my new Storm if it ****s the bed ... I know paying for it once was enough for me ..
    05-15-09 04:03 PM
    +1

(10char)
    05-15-09 04:11 PM
    Can someone explain to me why there hasn't been an upgrade for Verizon customers when other companies have them? I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, I just dont understand. Is Verizon's texting more stringent? Are Verizon Storms different in some way? Any help (legit help - no "because Verizon is stupid" answers) would be much appreciated.
    05-15-09 04:14 PM
    do you really think that VZW isn't trying to get a release?

i'm assuming most of us have used .113 and .141....well ever since .75, those are the only two builds that worked well enough with the hardware and the network to be sent to friendly user testing, and both failed in a fire covered crash of misery due to serious "service impacting issues"...go read the findings or better yet "civic's findings"....

i guess this is a direct response to rickyross's question, which i didn't read until i was typing this and there it is staring me in the face. hope it explains. if you need clarification, reply and i'll do what i can.
    05-15-09 04:21 PM
    Im pretty sure EVERYONE knows that the procedures for software version installation are the same (unless you are using a hybrid)

Not saying there are issues with installing them, I just cant afford to lose my blackberry because it crashed while using an unsupported version of software.

You gonna pay for my new Storm if it ****s the bed ... I know paying for it once was enough for me ..
    well anything you do to "crash" your device from loading "unsupported software" can be undone. give it a try, i'll even help you out! lemme know what part you're unclear about and i'll explain.
    05-15-09 04:26 PM

Well, I for one dont expect a 'perfect os'..
    As I do write software myself (not for phones, but for specialized system, mostly running Linux), I understand that the 'perfect software' isnt out there, there will always be something to fix/improve in a system this complicated...

HOWEVER, what Verizon DOES upset me about, and IS 100% Verizon's fault, is their lack of updates...
    Other companies with the Storm (almost all of them now I think) have released updates.. Only Verizon is sitting on a very buggy version and not offiacially doing anything to help their customers...

If I didnt have access the the unofficial releases, and was stuck on 75, I'd have dumped the storm, and verizon, a long time ago...
    05-15-09 04:30 PM
    kf6kmx, there is no OS for VZW to release...they've all failed testing. either couldn't get along with the phone in the lab setting, or couldn't get along with network testing, or had serious service impacting issues that would cause lawsuits out the wazoo...

VZW won't release an OS just to say "there, we did it. now shut up." there are business relying on the device. so far .75 is the closest i've seen worth releasing, and they did it in spite of all of its flaws. however, none of them are "serious, service impacting" flaws...
    05-15-09 04:36 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD