My Sister and Brother in Law just purchased themselves a storms and both seemed clueless with the phone so I had to help them out with everything that I learned on this site. If not they were seconds away from returning their phones, now they seem to enjoy them a little more.

So thanks to everyone that has posted something useful on this site.
    01-12-09 03:08 PM
    And imagine, if you knew how to spell what they'd really think of ya.

Just pulling your chain!

I do the same thing with my family. They think I'm David Copperfield or something.
    01-12-09 03:09 PM
    Yep my friends come to me with all their BB issues I tell them to come to the site but they are to lazy.
    01-12-09 03:11 PM

Just pulling your chain!

I do the same thing with my family. They think I'm David Copperfield or something.
    That was harsh Bob - lol. I actually showed the thread title to Mrs. Pete6 whos said that it remided her of a David Guetta track about being famous.
    01-12-09 03:14 PM

Just pulling your chain!

Hey it happens, now I make everyone laugh a little
    01-12-09 03:18 PM
    That was harsh Bob - lol. I actually showed the thread title to Mrs. Pete6 whos said that it remided her of a David Guetta track about being famous.
    Aww come on Pete, just having a little bit of fun.

No offence to the OP...er I mean offense.
    01-12-09 03:18 PM
    Aww come on Pete, just having a little bit of fun.

No offence to the OP.
    Oh, yes, I know. I too thought it was funny that the OP made a spelnig erra. I was glad that you did it cuz a Mod cain't , well, shouldn't .

You don't do nasty in here and we all know that, Bob.
    01-12-09 03:21 PM
    Perhaps I am generalizing, but it seems a little odd that the only way to get to the point where you don't have return a phone is to consult someone who has gained a working knowledge of the phone's little quirks, workarounds, tips, tricks, etc. The phone should work just fine out of the box, and if it doesn't, then something needs to change... I guess that's just Blackberry for you. Certainly not the world's most user friendly devices.
    01-12-09 03:21 PM
    Perhaps I am generalizing, but it seems a little odd that the only way to get to the point where you don't have return a phone is to consult someone who has gained a working knowledge of the phone's little quirks, workarounds, tips, tricks, etc. The phone should work just fine out of the box, and if it doesn't, then something needs to change... I guess that's just Blackberry for you. Certainly not the world's most user friendly devices.

Let's not forget it's more of a mobile computer than a "phone". Ya still got to set them up.
    01-12-09 03:27 PM
    Maybe I should pay attention to the underlined word in firefox. Its spell check function does let you know your about to make a fool of yourself.
    01-12-09 03:27 PM
    The phone stores need to adopt a standard policy of giving a "smart phone tutorial" before they let you the joint.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 03:28 PM
    Sorry.... LEAVE the joint.

The phone stores need to adopt a standard policy of giving a "smart phone tutorial" before they let you the joint.

That's what we're for!
    Roger that bbBob

01-12-09 03:30 PM
    Maybe I should pay attention to the underlined word in firefox. Its spell check function does let you know your about to make a fool of yourself.
    Naw, it made the thread more interesting. No harm intended or done here, I think.
    01-12-09 03:48 PM
    We all have to learn. I managed to upgrade the OS on a 7290 WITHOUT knowing that it had happened. This was before I joined Crackberry. I mean, really, how dumb can I be.... duh.

I sat there thinking wtf is going on? Why is this taking so long. Now, I know, but then...
    01-12-09 03:51 PM
    At the risk of sounding bitchy, if you have two sentences to write, why not just take a moment to spell check before hitting the switch?? I love these forums but it never fails to amaze me how many people don't bother...
    01-12-09 04:02 PM
    not talking specifically about JMW, etc., that was cute...
    01-12-09 04:14 PM
    [QUOTE=BlackBerryBob;1396091]And imagine, if you knew how to spell what they'd really think of ya.
    [QUOTE]

HAHAHAH!!! Well said
    01-12-09 05:15 PM

Just pulling your chain!

I LOL'd!!

01-12-09 05:42 PM
    My Sister and Brother in Law just purchased themselves a storms and both seemed clueless with the phone so I had to help them out with everything that I learned on this site. If not they were seconds away from returning their phones, now they seem to enjoy them a little more.

So thanks to everyone that has posted something useful on this site.
    It's hilarious that you spelled Genius wrong.
    01-12-09 10:09 PM
    Their is certainly a learning curve for any new electronic device, I just so happen to love to learn new stuff.

Keep spreading the education.
    01-12-09 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD