The entire time, I was logging on crackberry.com through html (internet browser) mode and it was very slow. Today I switch to wap mode and everypage page loads instantly.

Does everyone notice this for other websites they visit?
    Last edited by thymaster; 01-28-09 at 05:15 PM.
    01-28-09 05:10 PM
    thats the entire point to a wap page. to load and view faster on a mobile phone.
    01-28-09 05:16 PM
    The entire time, I was logging on crackberry.com through html (internet browser) mode and it was very slow. Today I switch to wap mode and everypage page loads instantly.

Does everyone notice this for other websites they visit?
    Are you kidding? Really?
    01-28-09 05:26 PM
    Are you kidding? Really?
    I hope you're not be sacastic. I'm talking about switching your browser mode to Wap browser instead of Internet Explorer mode that makes a difference to the webpage.
    01-28-09 05:30 PM
    I hope you're not be sacastic. I'm talking about switching your browser mode to Wap browser instead of Internet Explorer mode that makes a difference to the webpage.
    Sarcastic?... Noooooooooo.
    01-28-09 05:31 PM
    Whenever I used to visit crackberry.com it came up as the mobile version, and not the full pc version, which I like because it's 10x faster to browse forums.

Recently it only loads the PC version and not the mobile version. My browser identification is set to 'blackberry' and always has been. Other websites load as mobile version...so it's weird.

ERR nevermind, how to change the bookmark address on my phone to wapforums.crackberry.com instead of forums.crackberry.com. loads fine now
    Last edited by koojo; 01-28-09 at 05:43 PM.
    01-28-09 05:35 PM
    Are you kidding? Really?
    someday you will ask a question that everyone sees an obvious answer to....

But yeah, Really??
    01-28-09 05:36 PM
    someday you will ask a question that everyone sees an obvious answer to....

But yeah, Really??

I do all the time. I get smart *** responses back...
    Just giving back to the community
    01-28-09 05:38 PM
    Ok, where does one find the menu to make that change?
    01-28-09 06:32 PM
    I do all the time. I get smart *** responses back...
    Just giving back to the community
    sadly, thats really not giving back. you can give back like that in the social forums, but here people are coming to find real answers, and you fill it with sarcasm. yes sarcasm is ok, but only if you are going to provide an actual answer along with it.
    01-28-09 06:38 PM
    sadly, thats really not giving back. you can give back like that in the social forums, but here people are coming to find real answers, and you fill it with sarcasm. yes sarcasm is ok, but only if you are going to provide an actual answer along with it.
    I feel that it is giving back... Hopefully it will teach people to use the search, or just stop asking stupid questions. It helps me when its done to me, anyways.

I would also hope that people dont take it as seriously as you do. Its just a little humor friends... dont cry.
    01-28-09 06:44 PM
    Ok, where does one find the menu to make that change?
    Menu to make what change? To set your browser ID to Blackberry?

BB Key>Options>Browser Config> Select BlackBerry under Browser Id.
    01-28-09 06:46 PM
    I feel that it is giving back... Hopefully it will teach people to use the search, or just stop asking stupid questions. It helps me when its done to me, anyways.

I would also hope that people dont take it as seriously as you do. Its just a little humor friends... dont cry.
    Not exactly sure what you mean by take it as seriously as me, but I am sure you dont mean it in a positive way. If you thought there was a thread that answered this question, the "helpful" thing to do for the member, would have been to find the link to the thread, and then post that, and then reference the fact that the search will bring you to examples like this which may help in the future.
    01-28-09 06:50 PM
    Since we're talking about wap crackberry, how come there are always two smiles when one is typed in the forums? If I enter this I also always see this one next to it : - )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 06:54 PM
    Menu to make what change? To set your browser ID to Blackberry?

BB Key>Options>Browser Config> Select BlackBerry under Browser Id.
    My storm does not have the option to select Blackberry under Browser ID. The only option is "Internet Browser".

Any ideas on how to get other options besides Internet Browser?
    01-28-09 07:11 PM
    My storm does not have the option to select Blackberry under Browser ID. The only option is "Internet Browser".

Any ideas on how to get other options besides Internet Browser?
    There's two: Browser and Browser Identification. You're looking at Browser. Look towards the middle of the page and you'll see it there.

01-28-09 07:18 PM
    There's two: Browser and Browser Identification. You're looking at Browser. Look towards the middle of the page and you'll see it there.

That was fast, Thank you!
    01-28-09 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD