I set up an @vzw.blackberry.net address, and set up my @crackberry.com forwarder to send mail there, as the entire address is a bit long for my friends and family to use for personal e-mail.

When I first set up my CrackBerry e-mail forward, I had it set to forward to my GMail account. It is now set to forward to my @vzw.blackberry.net address. However, mail sent to (myaccount)@crackberry.com isn't being sent to my phone, but my GMail account.

My @vzw.blackberry.net address is set to forward copies of messages with attachments (and only messages with attachments) to my GMail account. This could be making it difficult for me to diagnose why my CrackBerry forwarder isn't working. Also, ALL messages sent to my @vzw.blackberry.net address are being copied and forwarded to my GMail account, not just ones with attachments.

In the process of trying to diagnose these problems, I suddenly discovered that I can not access my BIS account. I am 100% certain I am using the right username and password, but the website tells me to "check my information". I have done a password request using both account number and PIN, and get the same "there was an error sending a message to your BlackBerry" error both ways.

So, I three problems:

1) Messages sent to (myaccount)@crackberry.com never make it to my phone, instead getting forwarded to my GMail.
    Resolved through "toggle method", as suggested by kokuryuha
    2) Messages sent to my @vzw.blackberry.net account get forwarded to my GMail when they shouldn't.
    Resolved through "toggle method", as suggested by kokuryuha
    3) BIS website acts as if my account and/or BlackBerry do not exist.
    Resolved- outtage.

At this time I can successfully send and receive mail from my phone. There is a very long wait, but I have finally received test messages sent both to and from my phone. I can also access the BIS again, so I'm assuming there is/was an outtage.

Thanks SO much for your help!
    Last edited by Laren; 02-10-09 at 01:29 PM. Reason: RESOLVED!
    02-10-09 11:32 AM
    Ok, you kind of baffled me on both of these so I tried my crackberry forwarder, and changed the email address a few times and it forwards just fine to all of them. Maybe try changing the forwarder back to your gmail then back to the @blackberry.net in case it caught somewhere and didnt actually save it?

As to problem number 2, much the same, I guess try toggling it in case it didnt save it right. When you check forwarded messages on your gmail do they appear to have attachments?
    02-10-09 12:26 PM
    Ok, you kind of baffled me on both of these so I tried my crackberry forwarder, and changed the email address a few times and it forwards just fine to all of them. Maybe try changing the forwarder back to your gmail then back to the @blackberry.net in case it caught somewhere and didnt actually save it?

As to problem number 2, much the same, I guess try toggling it in case it didnt save it right. When you check forwarded messages on your gmail do they appear to have attachments?
    No, they don't have attachments. They're just plain text messages- and short ones at that! I'm going to try toggling like you suggested and see if that works, because I have absolutely NO other ideas. Haha.

[EDIT]

TOTALLY NEW AND CONFUSING PROBLEM!

Now suddenly I can not log in to access my BIS; it says "please check your information" (there is no doubt in my mind I am using the right information, by the way), and when I send a password request it says there was an error sending the message to my device. Uhhh... whut. I would do a batt pull but I don't think that's going to fix this.
    Last edited by Laren; 02-10-09 at 12:36 PM.
    02-10-09 12:29 PM
    Yea, I've had settings before that say they've saved that really don't. That was my only thought. I've never set up a @blackberry.net address so I was only reading their help thing on it. Didn't help much though, lol. Lemme know if you have any more issue with it and I'll take a look
    02-10-09 12:37 PM
    See above edit, LOL wtf.

Today is not my day.
    02-10-09 12:40 PM
    Yea I just read it, so you tried to send the pwd via pin I'm assuming. Did you try via username? Also is your browser working ok on your device?
    02-10-09 12:42 PM
    Yea I just read it, so you tried to send the pwd via pin I'm assuming. Did you try via username? Also is your browser working ok on your device?
    I tried both ways and got the same error.
    Browser works fine.

This is the most bizarre thing to happen to me... possibly ever. It just makes zero sense.
    02-10-09 12:44 PM
    Yea I was just wondering if there was a problem with your BIS account but if your email/browser work, it's probably ok. Try accessing it from the device email application?
    02-10-09 12:46 PM
    I just successfully sent an e-mail from it- or so says the BB, haven't received it yet.

I sent an e-mail to it as well. It hasn't bounced but hasn't arrived yet either.

I don't know who or what to blame for this weirdness, really.

AND WHY CAN'T I ACCESS MY ACCOUNT SUDDENLY?
    02-10-09 12:54 PM
    Wait and see if those emails go through, if they don't it might indicate an outtage of some sort. There have been a few days of spotty outtages where some people run into issues, but others don't, even in the same area.
    02-10-09 12:58 PM
    Would an outtage indicate why I can't login to my account (the website is basically acting like my account and/or BlackBerry don't exist), or is that a problem I'll still have to deal with?
    02-10-09 01:04 PM
    I think some people have reported they weren't able to log into their accounts from time to time, but I could be wrong. I suppose if you had a couple of minutes you could call WDTS for VZW and they could look at your BIS account to see if theres any issues. Or if they know about an outtage they could tell you.
    02-10-09 01:09 PM
    Finally received test messages, can now log in to BIS- outtage?
    Mail without attachments no longer seems to be forwarding, either. THANK YOU!
    Last edited by Laren; 02-10-09 at 01:29 PM.
    02-10-09 01:12 PM
    lol I was just about to post or pm you to pm me or pin me if you wanted because I was going to take off for a lil bit. Been up since 430 this morning and i need a break.

glad to hear it was resolved!

edit: Yea, sounds like it was a brief outtage of some sort
    02-10-09 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD