How is the battery life? I have a tour and I'm not impressed with the battery.

Will there be any new touch screen bb's coming out like a storm 3 or something? I don't wanna buy the storm 2 if something new is coming out soon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 02:54 PM
    Battery life depends on what you have installed by way of apps. I get a day out of a battery.

No official word on the S3. Some say Aug/Sep, but no one is sure.
    06-27-10 03:21 PM
    Battery life depends on what you have installed by way of apps. I get a day out of a battery.

No official word on the S3. Some say Aug/Sep, but no one is sure.
    I get a 4% decrease / hour and of course alot more if I'm using my APPS, which I expect and deal with.

A daily charge is what I do.

What was your experience with the Tour?
    06-27-10 03:37 PM
    BTW: I would wait for the Storm 3.
    06-27-10 03:38 PM
    I get at least a day. This is with a mix of apps, calls texts and e mails. I would sat moderate use.

06-27-10 04:08 PM
    Battery life depends on the user (what they have running in the BG). I'd say the average is about 1 day on a full charge.

As far as the S3... there's no telling and anyone who says they know, doesn't.

Personally, I think the S2 is an excellent device so I couldn't care less when the S3 comes out. I have a new every 2 coming up in Feb. but I'll probably hang onto my S2 unless something truly groundbreaking comes out on VZW.
    06-27-10 05:58 PM
    Just like everyone else said, battery life depends on what you have running in the background. With GPS and Wifi on 24/7, regularly updating Weatherbug app (hourly), Twitter and Facebook feeds, Smarter Wallpaper (changes wallpaper every hour), heavy emails (at least 50 daily), moderate calls, few SMS, I get more than 24 hours.
    06-27-10 06:19 PM
    with the new update I can get a little over a day with heavy use. That all depends how much stuff you have running in the background though
    06-27-10 06:25 PM
    Decent 12hours at least after a full charge without using wifi but purely data connection via BIS.

What you get out of the 12hours usage?
    1. WLMsn forever turn on 24x7
    2. Weather update every 3 hours.
    3. Listening to music or movies for at least an hour or two.
    4. Surf net using stock broswer for at least an hour.
    5. Sms
    6. Emails around at least 10 per day? exclude receiving mails.
    7. World cup apps getting scores updates and chart viewing.
    8. Some light maps and navigation usage.
    9. Taking pictures.
    10. Alarm clock.
    11. Calls.
    12. Wallpaper shifter apps running 24x7 changes wallpaper every 1 minute.
    13. facebook
    14. wordpress.
    15. etc.....

pretty decent battery for me... i cannot expect the phone battery to be lasting for 24hours while i uses data connection. The above is my daily routine i guess...

While at home.. i will turn on wifi and a full charge will last pretty much longer..i always have item 1, 2 and 12 turn on..etc..

of course...super light usage... the phone battery can last for couple days?

I LOVE MY STORM2!

Storm3? no news dude...i saw the storm slider... pretty decent looking phone but.. seem like its not a surepress phone... after using the storm2.. i would think i prefer a surepress...i am a little concern if without surepress..will that slider phone touchscreen works well the same as my surepress storm2? i doubt so..i wait for 1st buyer to use it first then feedback if its good or bad...
    Last edited by titusilvering; 06-27-10 at 07:16 PM.
    06-27-10 07:12 PM
    If you're concerned with battery life, the Storm line is not for you. Especially if you're not impressed with the battery life on the Tour. I get decent life out of the Storm, but I'm sure I have a hard time getting a full day of usage due to having the screen brightness to the max. I turned it to the minimum for a week and got great battery life. I got it as low as 4% an hour.

06-27-10 07:36 PM
    If you're concerned with battery life, the Storm line is not for you. Especially if you're not impressed with the battery life on the Tour. I get decent life out of the Storm, but I'm sure I have a hard time getting a full day of usage due to having the screen brightness to the max. I turned it to the minimum for a week and got great battery life. I got it as low as 4% an hour.

Yeah that's so true. Storms have the worst battery life of any BlackBerry. I didn't even know Tour users were complaining about that.
    06-27-10 10:23 PM
    I wouldn't buy an S2. Buy a Droid, or wait for a VZW iPhone or the S3.
    06-28-10 08:51 AM

I am so sick of hearing people complain about their battery life with a S2! Have you read about Droid, iPhone, HTC, etc., they ALL complain about battery life! We want a super thin phone (not me, I like a thicker phone) with music, video, texting, email, gps, weather updates, BT, WiFi, and phone service and then expect that little battery to last 2 days; it just isn't going to happen. With all the functionality we expect in a phone, if you can make it 12-18 hours, be happy and plug-in and recharge.
    06-28-10 09:01 AM
    Remember one advantage over say the Iphone is that you can easily replace the battery.
    06-28-10 09:08 AM
    How is the battery life? I have a tour and I'm not impressed with the battery.

Will there be any new touch screen bb's coming out like a storm 3 or something? I don't wanna buy the storm 2 if something new is coming out soon

I would suspect a newer Storm would hit shelves before Christmas, so if you want to wait til fall, by all means do so.

My battery lasts all day, even with moderate usage (more than 1 hour of phone calls), surfing, music listening, BBM'ing, etc.
    06-28-10 09:10 AM
    I am so sick of hearing people complain about their battery life with a S2! Have you read about Droid, iPhone, HTC, etc., they ALL complain about battery life! We want a super thin phone (not me, I like a thicker phone) with music, video, texting, email, gps, weather updates, BT, WiFi, and phone service and then expect that little battery to last 2 days; it just isn't going to happen. With all the functionality we expect in a phone, if you can make it 12-18 hours, be happy and plug-in and recharge.
    But the OP showed concern over the Tour's battery life. The S2 certainly has worse battery life than the Tour.

On a side note, my S2 charges faster than any fone I've ever seen. Its quite amazing to me actually.
    06-28-10 12:06 PM
    But the OP showed concern over the Tour's battery life. The S2 certainly has worse battery life than the Tour.

On a side note, my S2 charges faster than any fone I've ever seen. Its quite amazing to me actually.
    True, sorry, however my argument still stands...yes, it does charge extremely fast.
    06-28-10 12:11 PM
    All smart phones have some sort of horrible battery life I mean come on read all of the forums it all over the place just buy extra charges or get a dumb phone.

06-28-10 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD