I just got my storm about 2 weeks ago now I don't have any Major complaints but i do have a few question. If you all kind people would like to help that would be great.

1. Is there anyway to get you text messages to display differently If I have like a 5 Text conversation with somebody i have to deal with 10 things on my screen

2. I am a photographer and I moved a lot of my pics onto my Storm they are all about 4-5MB each. Is that too much for the BB to handle because it is constantly freezing up when I try to flip through them.

3. I updated to the leaked .148 update. Is there any difference between that and the final version. If so should I change to that one.

4. I have a gmail account going to my phone and I also have outlook on my computer. I am running a couple of rules for some people to automatically go to a folder, but my storm doesn't get those messages. Is there some user error in there or can the storm not do that

...Phew sorry about the bombardment hope all you smart people can help Thanks and if you help and you want me to photoshop some pictures for you i would be glad to.
    06-04-09 09:18 AM
    1) Not sure what you're getting at here...go to "Options --> SMS Text" and see if there's an option for what you want to change.

2) Large pics will take longer to process, but I'm not sure if there is a limit as to what the phone can "handle". I would recommend scaling down photos to load onto the device if possible.

3) No difference, no need to do anything here.

4) I've noticed that if the rule "marks the message as 'read'" then I don't get the message delivered to my device, but otherwise I do--but there could be other settings at play here. In outlook, are you using POP3 or IMAP? (you should probably be using IMAP if possible).
    06-04-09 09:44 AM
    I just got my storm about 2 weeks ago now I don't have any Major complaints but i do have a few question. If you all kind people would like to help that would be great.

1. Is there anyway to get you text messages to display differently If I have like a 5 Text conversation with somebody i have to deal with 10 things on my screen

2. I am a photographer and I moved a lot of my pics onto my Storm they are all about 4-5MB each. Is that too much for the BB to handle because it is constantly freezing up when I try to flip through them.

3. I updated to the leaked .148 update. Is there any difference between that and the final version. If so should I change to that one.

4. I have a gmail account going to my phone and I also have outlook on my computer. I am running a couple of rules for some people to automatically go to a folder, but my storm doesn't get those messages. Is there some user error in there or can the storm not do that

...Phew sorry about the bombardment hope all you smart people can help Thanks and if you help and you want me to photoshop some pictures for you i would be glad to.

1. as far as i know, you cant do n e thing about this one.

2. highly suggest you lower them to about 3 mp as more than that consumes memory when viewing

3.i have the official .148 and loving it

4.go trough the configuration settings on your outlook....there must be something thats beeing overlooked
    06-04-09 09:48 AM
    1)
    4) I've noticed that if the rule "marks the message as 'read'" then I don't get the message delivered to my device, but otherwise I do--but there could be other settings at play here. In outlook, are you using POP3 or IMAP? (you should probably be using IMAP if possible).
    I have it set up as POP3 i will try to change it to Imap
    06-04-09 09:52 AM
    2) I don't know of any way to make the phone faster besides shrinking the file size and quality. You may not want to do that so you might have to have the longer wait times.

4) there is no difference between .148 leaked and official

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD