06-13-10 01:03 PM
27 12
tools
    So i bought an unlocked Storm 2 from a friend (i have tmobile) and it worked perfectly for 2 months now there are two problems with it.

1. Browser dissapeared (ive tried all the solutions in the forum)
    a. the service book list is empty so i cant delete
    b. i tried to "register now" it didnt work

2. Opera mini wont connect says to check network setting.
    a. it is set on http
    b. i have a wifi connection

*i dont not have a data plan.
    06-11-10 12:00 PM
    So i bought an unlocked Storm 2 from a friend (i have tmobile) and it worked perfectly for 2 months now there are two problems with it.

1. Browser dissapeared (ive tried all the solutions in the forum)
    a. the service book list is empty so i cant delete
    b. i tried to "register now" it didnt work

2. Opera mini wont connect says to check network setting.
    a. it is set on http
    b. i have a wifi connection

*i dont not have a data plan.
    You might want to check this thread first

Storm2 on T-mobile

T-Mobile killing service to unlocked Storm devices?
    06-11-10 12:02 PM
    I just can't respond to these "unlocked storm" threads with anything useful to say. Unlocked phones are such a PITA, I dunno what possesses anyone to bother.

SORRY!
    06-11-10 12:03 PM
    Since you don't have a data plan, i'm not sure if it's related, but there seems to be a widespread issue with unlocked BB's running on T-Mobile over the last couple weeks.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ema...tmobile-478275
    06-11-10 12:03 PM
    I just can't respond to these "unlocked storm" threads with anything useful to say. Unlocked phones are such a PITA, I dunno what possesses anyone to bother.

SORRY!
    Strongly disagree.
    Simple math is that I wanted an S2 and my carrier, Rogers, doesn't carry it.

I haven't had any significant issues running it unlocked (knock on wood)...
    06-11-10 12:09 PM

SORRY!
    So don't respond at all
    06-11-10 12:10 PM
    So don't respond at all
    ah, I expressed my condolences. YOU are trying to tell ME what to do. give it up.
    06-11-10 12:22 PM
    ah, I expressed my condolences. YOU are trying to tell ME what to do. give it up.
    Dude your such a tool. What ever happened to you leaving CB?
    06-11-10 12:27 PM
    I'm not sure about T-mobile as i'm on AT&T (and before anyone goes and bashes me for being on that service, I live in the mountains in Colorado and I've had all the services and AT&T is the only one that gets service here and actually great service at that and never had a problem with them). But that being said, mine is unlocked and I have no BB plan, the only thing that I do not have is BBM, and I can just text since I have unlimited texting, so not having BBM doesnt leave me with out anything. There are apps for push email and all the other services Rim provides.
    And having an unlocked phone has never been a PITA. if anything its saving me $30 a month. Plus I look at is a a toy..I play with it, pet it..put hybrids OS on it see how it does..if it doesn't work try something else...then if it ever crashes or dies..Ill go get another one for $20 somewhere and play with it again.
    Its all how you look at it.
    But yes look at the previous posts about T-mobile..I dont need to type that all over again.
    06-11-10 12:31 PM
    I'm not sure about T-mobile as i'm on AT&T (and before anyone goes and bashes me for being on that service, I live in the mountains in Colorado and I've had all the services and AT&T is the only one that gets service here and actually great service at that and never had a problem with them). But that being said, mine is unlocked and I have no BB plan, the only thing that I do not have is BBM, and I can just text since I have unlimited texting, so not having BBM doesnt leave me with out anything. There are apps for push email and all the other services Rim provides.
    And having an unlocked phone has never been a PITA. if anything its saving me $30 a month. Plus I look at is a a toy..I play with it, pet it..put hybrids OS on it see how it does..if it doesn't work try something else...then if it ever crashes or dies..Ill go get another one for $20 somewhere and play with it again.
    Its all how you look at it.
    But yes look at the previous posts about T-mobile..I dont need to type that all over again.
    ah, so you are another cell phone hobbyist. that explains why u are undaunted at using an unlocked phone.
    06-11-10 12:34 PM
    ah, so you are another cell phone hobbyist. that explains why u are undaunted at using an unlocked phone.
    I am not by any means a "cell phone hobbyist", and have had many unlocked phones (some BB, some not). Why should I let my carrier dictate what devices to use when I get can almost any GSM-based phone and run it unlocked. It has never caused any issues for me.

I am not sure what your beef is here
    06-11-10 12:43 PM
    I am not by any means a "cell phone hobbyist", and have had many unlocked phones (some BB, some not). Why should I let my carrier dictate what devices to use when I get can almost any GSM-based phone and run it unlocked. It has never caused any issues for me.

He is just looking for attention as usual. 2500+ posts and not one useful post, just complaining and seeking attention
    06-11-10 12:46 PM
    He is just looking for attention as usual. 2500+ posts and not one useful post, just complaining and seeking attention
    Roflmao. Glad it's not just me who sees this. I put him on ignore, never had to do that before with anyone.
    Last edited by plkcable; 06-11-10 at 01:21 PM.
    06-11-10 01:19 PM

"many unoocked phones" and "I am not by any means a "cell phone hobbyist"" are mutually exclusive phrases.
    06-11-10 01:35 PM
    "many unoocked phones" and "I am not by any means a "cell phone hobbyist"" are mutually exclusive phrases.
    Disagree.
    I am a power user not a hobbyist
    06-11-10 01:52 PM
    Disagree.
    I am a power user not a hobbyist
    ok. "power user".

I use Pandora and google maps. I think I'm a power user too.

If I use a power washer to clean my sidewalks, THAT should be enough to grant me the title "power user" anyways.
    06-11-10 03:03 PM
    You are a power user of the keyboard, to express the same old useless statements 100 times a day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 03:18 PM
    You are a power user of the keyboard, to express the same old useless statements 100 times a day.

therefore you found it in your heart to respond. thanks.

I didn't know I'd ever posted 100 times a day, btw...

Hyperbole is alive and well.
    06-11-10 03:20 PM

The part I don't get is why the mods don't do something about it.
    06-11-10 03:25 PM
    perhaps most of my posts don't violate the TOS?

ie it's not enough that you don't LIKE me, for my posts to pulled. If I were to be rude to you, then I'd expect a post to be pulled.
    06-11-10 03:26 PM
    Dude your such a tool. What ever happened to you leaving CB?
    He never will, since he has enough one liner posts to be a "genius" ROFL
    06-11-10 06:28 PM
    ===== QUOTE plkcable ====

===== /QUOTE ====

perhaps most of my posts don't violate the TOS?

ie it's not enough that you don't LIKE me, for my posts to pulled. If I were to be rude to you, then I'd expect a post to be pulled.
    No but it should be enough that no one likes you.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-13-10 02:07 AM
    No but it should be enough that no one likes you.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    well, I guess it's not, now is it??
    06-13-10 02:11 AM
    Guys, it is entirely too early in the morning for this. Whatever is personal between
    you all DOES NOT belong in a thread. Let it go, please.
    06-13-10 02:15 AM

SORRY!
    And the problem still isn't addressed. The OP comes to the forum looking for answers to issues with his/her device, and the same troll hijacks it with rude, arugumentative and combative posts.
    06-13-10 07:58 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD