couldn't seem to find an answer with search...

1. are we able to organize files into folders like on a computer? so, can i put my pics in different folders? same for videos? pics of my kids in one folder, pics of cars in another, etc?

2. is there a way to type up contacts, address books, calendar events, etc on my desktop/laptop and then sync it into the phone? it's easier/faster for me to type on the computer than on the phone.

thanks for any help!!
    03-02-09 01:28 PM
    1) yes you can move items and create folders
    2)I have no idea?
    3) I'm a noob too!
    03-02-09 01:36 PM
    couldn't seem to find an answer with search...
    At least you tried... Or know enough to lie about trying.

1. are we able to organize files into folders like on a computer? so, can i put my pics in different folders? same for videos? pics of my kids in one folder, pics of cars in another, etc?
    You can, but it's kind of a PITA, and there might be issues getting the media player app to recognize the sub-directories. But basically you just open the menu in the media player app, and hit the "explore" option. That's as close as you can get to a file manager on the Storm without a third party app.

2. is there a way to type up contacts, address books, calendar events, etc on my desktop/laptop and then sync it into the phone? it's easier/faster for me to type on the computer than on the phone.
    Depends on the app, but yes. A lot of people use Google Sync in conjunction with Google Calendar. But the desktop software for the Storm is designed to work with Outlook. So if you don't mind the rampaging security hazard of Outlook on your system, that would be the most comprehensive option.
    03-02-09 01:36 PM
    1) yes you can move items and create folders
    2)I have no idea?
    3) I'm a noob too!
    hello, fellow noob!

At least you tried... Or know enough to lie about trying.

but seriously, i search and get either 50+ results with the search word just mentioned briefly somewhere on the 80th page or something, or i get "no results found".

You can, but it's kind of a PITA, and there might be issues getting the media player app to recognize the sub-directories. But basically you just open the menu in the media player app, and hit the "explore" option. That's as close as you can get to a file manager on the Storm without a third party app.

Depends on the app, but yes. A lot of people use Google Sync in conjunction with Google Calendar. But the desktop software for the Storm is designed to work with Outlook. So if you don't mind the rampaging security hazard of Outlook on your system, that would be the most comprehensive option.
    bleh...i guess either is a PITA. sounds like too much work for me. thanks though.

btw, i have a 3rd question...

3. since i have nothing to compare it to, i've noticed people saying that their browsers are quicker with .109. whenever i open my browser, majority of the time it takes about 3-5 secs per page...if not longer. is this normal? or is mine still slow. cuz it seems slow to me, but maybe it's "quicker" than it was before. any insight?
    03-02-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD