Been playing with my storm for over a week or so now... and i think it's great, and i'm really happy with it

I was wondering though if anyone thinks RIM will ever incorporate the type of keyboard that the iPhone and other phones use, where as the letter you type pops up above your finger. it makes complete sense to incorporate this, however i can't figure out why RIM never bothered?
    02-22-09 01:31 PM
    they probably wont adopt the pop-up letter system, mainly because they don't have to. The blue light works fine and people have different preferences, all of which can't be catered to. I would be surprised if they decided to change it.
    02-22-09 01:34 PM
    I would not expect an iphone like enhancement BUT they have been adjusting it in the leaks, font size changed a key etc. I would really lime to see them add a tab key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 01:40 PM
    but there is always that chance that they might adopt that choice isnt there? plus when the app center comes out by rim, there will need to be a os update to incorporate that into our phone, so maybe somethings will change.....?? just a thought
    02-22-09 01:41 PM
    I wish they would add a touch-only keyboard instead of the click. I like the click for just buttons and icons and what not, but I think the keyboard would be lightyears faster and more efficient with just touch.
    02-22-09 01:49 PM
    they added a "go" button. now if we could get a tab....
    02-22-09 01:49 PM
    I agree with adding a setting to change JUST the keyboard to touch only.. Like I said an OPTION this way those who prefer surepress for the keyboard can keep it and those who love surepress for things like web navigation can still utilize this while using a more common touch only keyboard. I doubt it ever is implemented though.
    02-22-09 01:52 PM
    They will definitely NOT do the iPhone style letters because that's definitely something that Apple patented along with multitouch gestures. It's ridiculous that Apple could patent stuff like that...it's like patenting walking or talking...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 01:58 PM
    They will definitely NOT do the iPhone style letters because that's definitely something that Apple patented along with multitouch gestures. It's ridiculous that Apple could patent stuff like that...it's like patenting walking or talking...
    I've seen this on other phones, so maybe they payed to use the tech ?
    02-23-09 01:35 PM
    It's ridiculous that Apple could patent stuff like that...it's like patenting walking or talking...
    Intellectual Property.... Hospitals can own your DNA btw.
    02-23-09 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD