Well...I must say that this storm has consumed much of my time. And I've enjoyed every bit of it.

I wanted to share a possible successful OS story. Probably my first since it's conception on opening day!

Upgraded from .86 to .90. Tons of errors, freezes resets. Decided to do a full wipe, reload of .90 using crackmem to eliminate all the crap about two days ago. (thanks again pete). Also Pulled removed SIM Card.

What a difference. Memory started around 52-53...but would leak into 30s.

And yes...like a true addict, I keep a close eye on my memory.

Installed logmaid this morning. Working like a charm. Just now checked and I'm hovering around 46-47 and an hour ago I was still in the 50s. Would highly recommend this one.

Not one freeze, no memory card issues, nothing.

Running the following:

Storm Lock, Quick Launch, Viigo, 411, Weatherbug, Soft Reset, FlyCast, and have a bunch of Customized web-links.

Now maybe I"m doomed after typing this post....but I must say this thing is running smooth, plenty of memory & no real need for any pulls.

Just thought I would share. Now bring on the RIM App Center and move on over IPhone.
    01-29-09 07:14 PM
    Woo hoo! I love a success story when it comes to the Storm. Usually, all I see on here is stories of Storms that contain the word "failure" or "sucks." In effect, it is good to a thread that has "success" instead.
    01-29-09 07:17 PM
    good **** man , yeah its goood i love muh storm !!!!! now i just want .95 lol .
    01-29-09 07:17 PM
    how long have you been running it for...come back in a week with the same results...I dare you lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 07:19 PM
    unfortunately that is the truth...I wish you the best and hope it runs the same 72 hrs later as it does now! Mine ran like a champ for 2 days, then I had one random reboot, then a freeze, bedside mode stopped working, app switcher wouldnt show, lost the ability to delete multiple emails and the * on the message folder stopped showing up...all of these would need a pull to resolve....I have seen different storms work differently with .90...I just accepted mine didnt work at all
    01-29-09 07:24 PM
    I understand the skepticism. But I'm holding on to positive thinking yielding positive results. I will be sure to update.

Sick of the negativity, so I'm glad the positive post is getting some feedback.

And yes...can't wait for .95 either. The addiction is strong in him. (Yoda reference!)
    01-29-09 07:26 PM
    mine was running great for a while then started acting funky and now it seems to be back to normal, love my storm as well as .90
    01-29-09 07:27 PM
    I understand the skepticism. But I'm holding on to positive thinking yielding positive results. I will be sure to update.

Sick of the negativity, so I'm glad the positive post is getting some feedback.

And yes...can't wait for .95 either. The addiction is strong in him. (Yoda reference!)
    Yes, keep everyone posted. In addition, who is this "Yoda" you speak of?
    01-29-09 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD