What about this Atlas we heard about in the leaked BB roadmap for VZW. Could the storm 2 be the atlas?
    05-19-09 06:13 PM
    I think several different people have indicated that its code name is "Odin"
    05-19-09 06:19 PM
    Definitely not the Atlas.
    05-19-09 06:25 PM
    I agree with ausch. I don't think it's the Atlas. I find it strange however that randomly a new model pops up. I would've thought we'd have heard something about it by now...
    05-19-09 06:27 PM
    I was hoping that there would be a BB device named the atlas, but I'm convinced that there was a spelling typo on that post. The guys that I consider "in the know" don't even have much info to offer on the ATLAS. At last, not Atlas.
    05-19-09 06:47 PM
    I agree with ausch. I don't think it's the Atlas. I find it strange however that randomly a new model pops up. I would've thought we'd have heard something about it by now...
    There's an Atlas, just not this.
    05-19-09 06:51 PM
    Hurricane? Lightning? Tornado? Monsoon? Twister? Flash floods?

Its probably something along those lines. After all the Storm 1 was a disaster.
    05-19-09 07:01 PM
    dont you think it's weird that nothing about the atlas has been leaked but the storm 2 has already?
    05-19-09 07:02 PM
    dont you think it's weird that nothing about the atlas has been leaked but the storm 2 has already?
    And on top of that CX and ausch don't even have much info on this thing.
    05-19-09 07:19 PM
    Odin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-19-09 07:38 PM
    And on top of that CX and ausch don't even have much info on this thing.
    Nope, nothing more that what you guys knows. Hope to find out tonight though, about a couple things.
    05-19-09 07:40 PM
    There's an Atlas, just not this.
    I should've explained better. I know the Storm 2 won't be the Atlas, I just find it strange that all of a sudden a new model (the Atlas) pops up and is supposed to be coming soon. I would've thought we'd have heard or had some info on it a lot long ago. Certainly not a monthish before release.
    05-19-09 07:49 PM
    I should've explained better. I know the Storm 2 won't be the Atlas, I just find it strange that all of a sudden a new model (the Atlas) pops up and is supposed to be coming soon. I would've thought we'd have heard or had some info on it a lot long ago. Certainly not a monthish before release.
    Yeah that's the first time I heard about an Atlas too, but I got confirmed what BGR said.
    05-19-09 07:51 PM
    Maybe Blackberry is keeping the Atlas under wraps bc it will be a flagship to a whole new type of blackberries

05-19-09 11:27 PM
    Hurricane? Lightning? Tornado? Monsoon? Twister? Flash floods?

Its probably something along those lines. After all the Storm 1 was a disaster.
    lol, I see what you did there. Very funny.
    05-19-09 11:43 PM
    Nope, nothing more that what you guys knows. Hope to find out tonight though, about a couple things.
    Thats what makes me really believe that a typo happened, and every other site and crackhead just ran with this false rumor because of course everyone wants a new BB to release. I'm still convinced it was just a typo, and unless CX or ausch come with some other info, I'll look forward to the Tour.
    05-20-09 12:14 AM
    lol, I see what you did there. Very funny.
    Lol...I know funny stuff

05-20-09 03:56 AM
    Yeah that's the first time I heard about an Atlas too, but I got confirmed what BGR said.
    What did BGR say that was confirmed? The rumor of a Odin coming "sooner than we think?"
    05-20-09 08:46 AM
    What did BGR say that was confirmed? The rumor of a Odin coming "sooner than we think?"
    That's there's an Atlas, it's gonna have Wi-Fi and drop a week or so after the Tour.
    05-20-09 03:21 PM
    That's there's an Atlas, it's gonna have Wi-Fi and drop a week or so after the Tour.
    Very, very strange that nothing has leaked on the Atlas and its about to be released. Can't wait for details on it.
    05-20-09 08:17 PM
    My understanding is that Odin is the codename for the Storm 2, so I don't think that's what Atlas is.

My guess would be that the Atlas is a 8930 type of phone ... Curve replacement with wifi, and who knows, maybe even that new optical trackpad or whatever. That would give the Tour as the Verizon flagship for 3G areas and the Atlas as the lower cost new BB and a great device for more rural areas or people who just plain need wifi.
    05-21-09 12:33 AM
    My understanding of leaked information was that the Atlas would be very similar to the Niagara/Tour but would have WiFi
    05-21-09 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD