By now, it's apparent many people are having wildly different experiences with Betas on their Storm (at least pre .109). Could it be that OTA updates are having an effect on the betas?
    I thought I would throw this out there, since I don't exactly know what the OTA updates changes (PRL updates??) with respect to Verizon and Blackberries.
    03-02-09 12:15 PM
    OTA updates only run when you run them (going to Options>Advanced Options>Wireless Update)

and they update your OS as if you were doing it through DM, only its OTA

also, they only update if your OS version is lower than the update/official version, which as of this time is .75

and no one is running a leak lower than .75
    so the updates wouldnt affect the betas right now
    03-02-09 12:23 PM
    What about the *228 updates? Thanks, just trying to learn more about this.
    03-02-09 01:17 PM
    *228 just updates the cell towers you can pick up, and it doesn't matter what OS you have.. leaked, beta, official, unofficial, hybrid, RC, etc.
    03-02-09 04:08 PM
    IMHO, I would sooner load it from my pc anyway. I think you have better control of what your installing.
    03-02-09 04:14 PM
    OTA updates only run when you run them (going to Options>Advanced Options>Wireless Update)

and they update your OS as if you were doing it through DM, only its OTA

also, they only update if your OS version is lower than the update/official version, which as of this time is .75

and no one is running a leak lower than .75
    so the updates wouldnt affect the betas right now
    I've been running .72 actually

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 04:17 PM
    I've been running .72 actually

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ?????? you mean .75...
    03-02-09 04:18 PM
    *228 updates your PRL (roaming list). pretty much does nothing. Will not effect anything.
    03-02-09 07:51 PM
    *228 updates your PRL (roaming list). pretty much does nothing. Will not effect anything.
    I kinda figured that the 228 updated were PRL.
    03-02-09 08:02 PM
    *228 just updates the cell towers you can pick up, and it doesn't matter what OS you have.. leaked, beta, official, unofficial, hybrid, RC, etc.
    Actually the correct statement is that *228 is OTA for CDMA radio programming/provisioning. A component of that provisioning is the PRL.
    03-02-09 09:31 PM
    Actually the correct statement is that *228 is OTA for CDMA radio programming/provisioning. A component of that provisioning is the PRL.
    Am I the only one who heard a a voice say "this post is airtime free" after reading civic's post.

03-03-09 11:32 AM
    Am I the only one who heard a a voice say "this post is airtime free" after reading civic's post.

lol....
    03-03-09 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD