I am running Lyric's Hybrid .623 OS and I still have the original OEM battery on my 9530. It seems to me that I can go all day without a charge if I'm tweeting, texting, blogging, etc on my phone, but the moment I'm on a 5 minute phone call, the battery drain is horrendous. It will die and reboot. I will remove the battery and put it back in about 10-15 mins later and it will say I have 50% battery life. I have no clue if it's the battery or the OS I'm running. Should I reboot my OS to a newer hybrid or fork up the money for a newer battery? Any ideas?
    05-12-10 01:02 PM
    It's the Hybrid...I'm dealing with the same issue so decided to go back to an older one. Think about it, has the phone always done that?
    05-12-10 01:46 PM
    That's the same thing that was happening to me with any of the .591 hybrids. I went back to .419 with .607 hybrid. That one has always worked the best on my phone with battery and memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 05:03 PM
    That's the same thing that was happening to me with any of the .591 hybrids. I went back to .419 with .607 hybrid. That one has always worked the best on my phone with battery and memory.

+1

05-12-10 05:37 PM
    Ok, I went back down to sticking with the .419 base and the .669 hybrid. So far everything is great, but haven't tried making a call yet. I had backed up everything, but when I loaded the OS, I don't know why it didn't reload my contact. It was probably user error.
    05-12-10 07:11 PM
    i'd just started a thread with the same question, should have read first. I've noticed the same thing since using 591 as a base for hybrids. Fine all day, and BAM drops like crazy after a call. Might have to go back to 419 just because of this!
    05-12-10 10:44 PM
    I debated starting a new thread or just sticking this in here. I'll stick with this for now.

Overall, I like .591 over .419 but am very frustrated with the battery life. Yes, there are other + / - about .591 over .419, but for the purposes of brevity, let's just talk about battery life here.

I did a search to see if I could find out anything about making the best of a bad (battery life) situation.

I found the following link in a thread burried somewhere:
    Maximum Battery Life - BlackBerryFAQ

The long and short of it is, remember, these are Li-Ion batteries. They don't build memory like the old NiMH batteries did, so charging them frequently is not only not a bad thing, it's kind of a good thing.
    The only thing I didn't get an answer on, was the potential damage of incomplete charges. There's nothing wrong with frequently topping off your battery, but what about plugging it in and unplugging it if your frequently at and then away from your desk?

I suspect it's not good for the battery but doesn't anyone know more definitively?

Can you "recondition" the battery every few days or so?
    05-13-10 03:16 PM
    I charge my Storm every night in the cradle. I was almost able to get 2 full days with 419. With 591, it's 14-16 hours max.

I don't even plug it into my DM at work anymore. The only time I plug it in is when I'm wiping\installing a new OS, or transferring media to\from it.
    05-13-10 05:05 PM
    Well, I was right. Yesterday, with no more than 30 minutes of calls on my phone, i was down to 20% by 10PM. Today, no calls on my phone and I'm still rockin at 65%. Damn you 591 radio, damn you!
    05-13-10 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD